Masks to be worn by everyone in public...?

Started by patman post, July 10, 2020, 06:43:59 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Barry on July 25, 2020, 07:58:07 PM
There is another safety issue for most older people wearing masks, that is vision. I can't see properly without specs and I can't see through the specs with a mask on, as it steams up.
I choose to wear one in a shop, despite being exempt.
However, whilst in the shop I am looking out for the 12 people in a million in my area currently infected by CV19, which shows what a hammer to crack a nut mask wearing is.
If your masks steams up your specs, it's possible you're not wearing it correctly — for which you might have a valid reason — or you've got a faulty mask. Either way, it's obviously not doing at least 50% of its job.
The BBC and several newspapers (among others) have been giving tips for those with the same problem, eg:
*putting your mask on first, then putting on your glasses so that the top of the mask is tucked under them;
*using a tissue as a type of draught excluder between the bridge of you nose and the mask;
*wiping and polishing the lenses with soap.
There's a whole range of experimentation out there, and some solutions could end up on Dragon's Den...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on July 27, 2020, 12:24:19 PM
Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 12:14:41 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 27, 2020, 11:55:42 AM
Anyway Obesity is a narrative that has been floating around for years with somebody trying to think up a way of dealing with it, it looks like a golden opportunity has arrived, wear the mask, I ain't wearing your mask.
Do you wear a seat belt?
I do, but I don't wear a crash helmet in the car in case I get a head injury. After all if I don't wear a crash helmet in the car my chances of a head injury are greatly increased.
Who asked you if or you do wear a crash helmet in your car?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 12:14:41 PM
Anyway Obesity is a narrative that has been floating around for years with somebody trying to think up a way of dealing with it, it looks like a golden opportunity has arrived, wear the mask, I ain't wearing your mask.
Do you wear a seat belt?
I do, but I don't wear a crash helmet in the car in case I get a head injury. After all if I don't wear a crash helmet in the car my chances of a head injury are greatly increased.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on July 27, 2020, 12:18:19 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on July 27, 2020, 12:13:24 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 27, 2020, 12:04:44 PM

The French are full of it, they have had the place smashed up since Macron was shoe horned into power.

But they banned access to beaches and that had practically 100% compliance. (As did all the other measures.)
Populism is about choices, not complete control via a government narrative of the day, I am not stopping you or Cromwell following a totalitarian agenda, it doesn't mean I will be. When nobody thinks choices are important because of fear and manipulation, then you are in trouble as a nation. Democracy is under full attack. So no I still won't be wearing your fecking mask.
I'm not following any agenda but am following medical advice given to me by a trained medical person,I asked you if you wear a seat belt,time was when people thought compulsory wearing of seat belts or crash helmets totalitarian and denial of choice,you do have a choice and can be fined if you don't comply up to you really.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 27, 2020, 12:13:24 PM

The French are full of it, they have had the place smashed up since Macron was shoe horned into power.

But they banned access to beaches and that had practically 100% compliance. (As did all the other measures.)
Populism is about choices, not complete control via a government narrative of the day, I am not stopping you or Cromwell following a totalitarian agenda, it doesn't mean I will be. When nobody thinks choices are important because of fear and manipulation, then you are in trouble as a nation. Democracy is under full attack. So no I still won't be wearing your fecking mask.

cromwell

Do you wear a seat belt?

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 27, 2020, 12:02:02 PM

The French have the right idea, stroppy bastards who won't wear a mask get fined €1000.

papasmurf

The French have the right idea, stroppy bastards who won't wear a mask get fined €1000.

Sheepy

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 11:20:53 AMOK so you didn't read my post on page 6?
Yes,read all three of your posts on page 6, but just wanted to clear up your misunderstanding, which Thomas seemed to be spot on with my intent and thoughts. I need to be much clearer and more eloquent, but I aint.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on July 27, 2020, 11:07:35 AM
Quote from: Barry on July 27, 2020, 10:21:09 AM

The reason for the obesity in this instance is clear from the clues in the picture.

No it is not at all, without looking at someone's medical records you cannot draw that conclusion with accuracy.
The "fit looking," woman could well have a wide range of medical conditions that make her vulnerable to Covid-19 bad effects.
Maybe you need to look at the cartoon character's medical records in make believe pedant land.
It's a cartoon and has to be taken at face value.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: cromwell on July 26, 2020, 09:50:20 AMSo because someone is overweight and in a wheelchair the inference is they are endangering the other persons health.
No, in the cartoon, the person in the wheelchair has already compromised her own health by becoming obese. Obesity is a pre-disposing factor towards CV19 fatality.
The reason for the obesity in this instance is clear from the clues in the picture.
https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/what-makes-you-at-risk-from-coronavirus

OK so you didn't read my post on page 6?

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on July 27, 2020, 07:50:48 AM
Quote from: cromwell on July 26, 2020, 08:58:13 PM

Santander is a financial institution,interested in profit not what their employees like ,or not.
Right but what is your point?
Replying to your point/expressing an opinion

QuoteI also gave you IBM , a non financial institution , as an example of business that has tried and failed to make a success of working from home.
Right so you firstly ask my point then come back with your point I was replying to......are you sure you're ok  also IBM is a poor comparison,they are a shadow of their former selves whose decline has been long and has nothing to do with covid:P

QuoteNo business on this planet exists to please their employees or has their interests at heart first and foremost. The primary goal of any business is to make a profit. The rest follows on from that .........good employers will then use their profit to look after staff as long as they keep doing the business and making the company money.

No profit , no business , no feckin job for staff. Its that simple in the real world cromwell.
Where did I say otherwise?

QuoteWhat is the matter with you at the minute?
Nothing,apart from on a few points I disagree with you.

QuoteYou sound not your usual self , and are coming across as rather petulant and bitter , as well as terrified.
Well I've long been cynical about politicians.....but terrified no,you have a over active imagination.

QuoteI appreciate this virus is worrying you , but like everyone else you just have to get on with things. The idea the world can continue as it is  , and all this shit about "the new norm" , kids not in school , cants kidding on they are working from home , and all the rest is laughable nonsense.
Worrying me personally,well of course I care for my family but me I'm on the final straight so don't give a toss really

QuoteVery soon , you are going to start seeing business going to the wall and massive repercussions on the ordinary people due to all these covid measures. Comes a point where we have to learn to manage risk and try and get back to normal.
Where have I said we shouldn't try to get back to normal?

papasmurf

No it is not at all, without looking at someone's medical records you cannot draw that conclusion with accuracy.
The "fit looking," woman could well have a wide range of medical conditions that make her vulnerable to Covid-19 bad effects.