Labour's Starmer on lifting coronavirus lockdown measures

Started by GBNews, July 18, 2020, 07:11:28 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 19, 2020, 12:56:54 PM

I think the only opinion poll that matters is the one that is currently restricted to only happening every five years 

I think that the five year fixed term parliament  will end up being a big millstone about Bojo The Clown's neck. (Mind you given the increasing unrest amongst Tory MPs he may not last that long, that or the aftermath of him catching Covid-19.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on July 19, 2020, 10:59:41 AM

You don't look at opinion polls?

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/boris-johnson-approval-rating

I think the only opinion poll that matters is the one that is currently restricted to only happening every five years 

Don't forget I like everyone else they ask get PAID by yougov to say what i think.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 19, 2020, 12:43:51 PM

50% of the population thought that he was doing badly at the general election as well but he is still PM and will be for at least long enough to get us out of the EU.

I expect Bojo The Clowns, allowing unlimited travel by road and retaining the no overnight stays resulting in a disaster for many Tory constituencies  as well as the disaster that will happen after January the 1st 2021, will make his popularity disappear.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 19, 2020, 11:16:38 AM
Quote from: Borchester on July 19, 2020, 11:13:57 AM

The one that says that Boris is currently on 44% as opposed to 43.6% at the general election? It does not look as though BoJo has much to worry about.

No the one that finds 50% of people think he is doing badly.

50% of the population thought that he was doing badly at the general election as well but he is still PM and will be for at least long enough to get us out of the EU.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 19, 2020, 10:53:39 AM

I dont think Boris has lost the confidence of the public ,yet .

No not really they just give an opinion of a relatively small group of people . Even this one doesn't say a lot apart that there was a split in April over the Cummings awayday and a few of the dont knows have made their minds up . The support for Johnson looks about the same with support for Labour increasing .

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 19, 2020, 11:13:57 AM

The one that says that Boris is currently on 44% as opposed to 43.6% at the general election? It does not look as though BoJo has much to worry about.

No the one that finds 50% of people think he is doing badly.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 19, 2020, 10:53:39 AM

I dont think Boris has lost the confidence of the public ,yet .

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 18, 2020, 08:27:00 PM
Quote from: News on July 18, 2020, 07:11:28 PM

The Labour leader says taking the UK out of the coronavirus pandemic "requires a credible plan and national leadership".

Source: Labour's Starmer on lifting coronavirus lockdown measures
Seems totally sensible. Problem is that the current PM and administration appears to have lost the confidence of the public, and no one of stature to provide Starmer's requirements is easily identifiable...

I dont think Boris has lost the confidence of the public ,yet . The left wing MSM has been chipping away at his administration since day one and Starmer is happy to feed them .
The next few weeks /months will be crucial for the conservatives . In attempt to get us back on our feet economically they will have to move away from the science that they have been following and start making their own decisions

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 19, 2020, 09:30:35 AM

So does this mean Starmer is going to support the abolition of the welsh assembly and kick Dickhead Drakeford's Divergences into touch ???

Exactly john , another headline that doesnt make much sense in terms of devolution.

No wonder so many of the english get confused about what their country is called and who controls what when auntie and the media constantly conflate the uk and england  , or the fact the uk prime mininster in terms of health is really just the english prime mininster.

Branch manager drakeford will simply get a memo from the party head office in london telling him what to do if England is ever unlucky enough to have starmer in charge. The problem arises for the london centric labour luvvies in telling the scot parliament what to do or northern irelands stormont , hence the wry smile regarding the vague phrase "national leadership" whilst mentioning the uk in the same sentence....
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

The Labour leader says taking the UK out of the coronavirus pandemic "requires a credible plan and national leadership".

So does this mean Starmer is going to support the abolition of the welsh assembly and kick Dickhead Drakeford's Divergences into touch ???
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Seems totally sensible. Problem is that the current PM and administration appears to have lost the confidence of the public, and no one of stature to provide Starmer's requirements is easily identifiable...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

GBNews