General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on October 28, 2020, 10:12:21 PM
Speak for yourself mate.
I bought a farm 40 years ago so I could be more self sufficent in case of another blockade from Europe. FFS. I am a full blown prepper. Zombie proof. Raised by the WW2 generation.
MY finances are flexible. I have multiple income streams from multiple countries. Multiple job prospects so I always have work in any downturn. Always make money no matter which way the currency swings.
I've come out of retirement. Mobilised.

So in reality you know a no deal Brexit is going to be a disaster.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on October 28, 2020, 10:08:47 AM
It is you who are the problem you keep making statements that are your beliefs which are about as credible as Iain Duncan Smith's beliefs.
A lot has happened in two years and Britain is heading for a disaster next January.
People who have not realised that by now and not made any mitigating plans are in for a very big shock.

Speak for yourself mate.
I bought a farm 40 years ago so I could be more self sufficent in case of another blockade from Europe. FFS. I am a full blown prepper. Zombie proof. Raised by the WW2 generation.
MY finances are flexible. I have multiple income streams from multiple countries. Multiple job prospects so I always have work in any downturn. Always make money no matter which way the currency swings.
I've come out of retirement. Mobilised.
I have taken on Brexit busting jobs. Migrant work. Manufacturing. Tourism. Education and hospitality. Invested in my vision for this society with my money and my labour.
I'm doing the work UK people are supposed to be unwilling to. Doing my bit.

My mitigating plan was to emigrate if the referendum vote didn't go my way. I had a few jobs lined up.

What is yours?

We have subsidies, tariffs, WTO.
Points based immigration.
Alternative trade deals.
"spend the money on the NHS instead"
We have new customs points.
A "Farage garage".
Free ports.
Emergency ferry capacity.
Stockpiling of essential medecines.
Multinational companies registering in EU jurisdictions
New fisheries laws.
A new internal market bill.
Extra naval vessels.
Extra foreign investment.
We've thrown our traitors out of office. La la la laa, Anna Soubry. La la la laa.
We a have Dominic Cummings purging fifth columnist remainers in public life.
We've given EU immigrants the right to remain and an easy way to process that.
We've mirrored EU law into UK law.
We've opened trade negotiations with the EU.
We've opened trade negotiations with just about everyone.
Signed 50 deals.

What is your plan?
What have you done about it?
Moan a lot.

That's it. Your preparation is oh.
Absolutely nothing.

You crap on about an apocalypse and your belief in this vision is so strong, that you haven't bothered to do anything about it at all.
Revealed preference.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 28, 2020, 08:56:47 PM
Maybe we ought to humour Pappy. He is so looking forward to the January Horror that it will be a shame for him to miss out.

I will go first

The council want £16,000 off me and will start to get heavy in the New Year and I reckon that it is all the fault of Brexit and the way the Tories have handled Covid 19.

If only I had listened to Pappy..... :)

Your continued leveity and frankly idiocy, will bite you on the backside next January.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on October 28, 2020, 08:24:32 PM
Humour me Pappy, please post the link again.

Maybe we ought to humour Pappy. He is so looking forward to the January Horror that it will be a shame for him to miss out.

I will go first

The council want £16,000 off me and will start to get heavy in the New Year and I reckon that it is all the fault of Brexit and the way the Tories have handled Covid 19.

If only I had listened to Pappy..... :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 28, 2020, 08:15:46 PM
It has all been referenced many times, what rabid Brexiteers called project fear is rapidly turning into reality. (Which it always was.)

Humour me Pappy, please post the link again.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 28, 2020, 08:12:48 PM

Show me categorical proof of what is going to happen in January @papasmurf.

It has all been referenced many times, what rabid Brexiteers called project fear is rapidly turning into reality. (Which it always was.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 28, 2020, 11:49:13 AMYour levity will change when the disaster hits.

QuoteIt is you who are the problem you keep making statements that are your beliefs

Show me categorical proof of what is going to happen in January.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 28, 2020, 04:38:44 PM
Is it vintage,big,small an old banger? :P

£200 would not buy a decent bicycle.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on October 28, 2020, 10:58:01 AM
How big a disaster Pappy? Grass growing over the City of London or the French putting a penny on the price of beer at your Breton retreat?

We both have some coal money due. Car for a small wager?
Is it vintage,big,small an old banger? :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Who cares it is just figures on a screen, don't feed the poor and you will have a proper kick off.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 28, 2020, 10:58:01 AM
How big a disaster Pappy? Grass growing over the City of London or the French putting a penny on the price of beer at your Breton retreat?

Your levity will change when the disaster hits. (The French have already added 5% more to the TVA (VAT)  on the ground rent.)

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 28, 2020, 10:08:47 AM

A lot has happened in two years and Britain is heading for a disaster next January.
People who have not realised that by now and not made any mitigating plans are in for a very big shock.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on October 28, 2020, 10:02:00 AM
Yes, it's not news to anyone.

Good only knows why you are still crapping on about it really.

It is you who are the problem you keep making statements that are your beliefs which are about as credible as Iain Duncan Smith's beliefs.

Baff

Yes, it's not news to anyone.

Good only knows why you are still crapping on about it really.