Devon and Cornwall Police use dashcam footage to combat dangerous driving

Started by papasmurf, September 03, 2020, 08:04:52 PM

« previous - next »

Forum admin

Moderator Notice

Thread reopened.
Personal comments removed and we all have reference to the new rules, so do not need reminding.
Please leave moderation to the moderators, reporting posts where absolutely necessary.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: srb7677 on September 06, 2020, 05:29:32 PM
Thomas seems to be on a mission to derail as many threads he doesn't like as possible with pitiful attempts at humour.

Most of it about as funny as a wart on my arse.

Which is still funnier than a certain garden gnome..

I could explain to you one poster's relentless off topic spam, on here and other forums, and arguing for argument's sake and constant posting of misinfo even when corrected.

BTW someone's reposted that idiotic motorbike with a gun thing elsewhere. ;D
+++

srb7677

Thomas seems to be on a mission to derail as many threads he doesn't like as possible with pitiful attempts at humour.

Most of it about as funny as a wart on my arse.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Sheepy on September 05, 2020, 08:08:10 PMWhat does that have to do with Smurfs fantasies? He is flying an A10 Warthog now.

He's an expert on those too now, no doubt. I've seen what they leave behind, though you'd rarely if ever see them in the flesh. You'd hear them though. They inflicted 25% of our KIA in 1 Gulf War. I remember we were all nervous about having the Spams ride shotgun, and it turned out with good reason. Passing through positions engaged by A10s is one of those things you can't ever forget

Sheepy

now all we need is Pat along to tell me I was right about winding up the Israelis who will crack a nut with a sledge hammer.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Thomas

Heres some of deppity dawgs anti woke reading material... :D

pappy smurf has read the sequel... ;)

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 05, 2020, 07:18:05 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2020, 06:48:25 PMSorry about that I was looking at the early development stats not the production ones. However where you are getting 1500-2000 from I don't know the quoted is 4000/6000.

That is the difference between practical experience and the "internet" Papasmurf. A quoted "Cyclic rate of fire" (ROF) is a measurement of how fast a weapon can cycle its moving parts, not a true representation of how many rounds it can fire in a minute. Because it "says" it can fire at 6000 rounds per minute, it doesn't mean its practical

For example, a General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG) has a quoted rof of about 1000rpm. But it cannot realistically fire 1000 rounds per minute for many reasons, not least of which is the heat generated by automatic weapons in the breach and especially the barrel, which after as little as 100 rounds will begin to expand and make the weapon progressively less accurate the more you fire it - this is why the barrel is changed after every 400-500 rounds. Rule of thumb - if you can't touch it without getting second degree burns, then change it. In practical reality, a GPMG fires at a rate of about 200-300 rounds per minute, because of real life physics

The other reason is the sheer weight of the ammunition - a 100 round belt in dis-link weighs about 3 Kilograms and can be fired off in a few seconds. Some poor c**t has to carry all that ammo, in other words, you. Unless you are laying suppression fire, then you are trained to fire short bursts of 3-5 rounds, which conserves ammo, stops the barrel overheating and is more accurate
What does that have to do with Smurfs fantasies? He is flying an A10 Warthog now.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 05, 2020, 07:18:05 PM

That is the difference between practical experience and the "internet" Papasmurf. A quoted "Cyclic rate of fire" (ROF) is a measurement of how fast a weapon can cycle its moving parts, not a true representation of how many rounds it can fire in a minute.

I know that because most automatic weapons empty a magazine in a few seconds. (If that.)
That is why the famous line by a fictional hard man, if you hear more than three round bursts you know you are up against a Muppet.

However there are exceptions to that, this would stop a rave or clear a beach, no problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9soy-QerhE

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2020, 06:48:25 PMSorry about that I was looking at the early development stats not the production ones. However where you are getting 1500-2000 from I don't know the quoted is 4000/6000.

That is the difference between practical experience and the "internet" Papasmurf. A quoted "Cyclic rate of fire" (ROF) is a measurement of how fast a weapon can cycle its moving parts, not a true representation of how many rounds it can fire in a minute. Because it "says" it can fire at 6000 rounds per minute, it doesn't mean its practical

For example, a General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG) has a quoted rof of about 1000rpm. But it cannot realistically fire 1000 rounds per minute for many reasons, not least of which is the heat generated by automatic weapons in the breach and especially the barrel, which after as little as 100 rounds will begin to expand and make the weapon progressively less accurate the more you fire it - this is why the barrel is changed after every 400-500 rounds. Rule of thumb - if you can't touch it without getting second degree burns, then change it. In practical reality, a GPMG fires at a rate of about 200-300 rounds per minute, because of real life physics

The other reason is the sheer weight of the ammunition - a 100 round belt in dis-link weighs about 3 Kilograms and can be fired off in a few seconds. Some poor c**t has to carry all that ammo, in other words, you. Unless you are laying suppression fire, then you are trained to fire short bursts of 3-5 rounds, which conserves ammo, stops the barrel overheating and is more accurate

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 06:29:32 PM
Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 05, 2020, 06:02:51 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 05, 2020, 01:15:24 PM
QuoteActually, on second thoughts, I'd like you to have one too.

Yeah well that won't be happening either, care in the community has a lot to answer for.

There's an old saying about plans and the enemy, but military fantasists rarely survive contact with physics

Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2020, 11:14:57 AMand the combined fire power is some 20000 rounds a minute

Two 7.62mm mini-guns with a combined cyclic rate of fire of 40,000 rounds per minute would expend something approaching 20 kilogrammes of ammunition and links per second, quite apart form the fact that an average bike has nowhere to store such huge weight and bulk while remaining ridable

In fact, he is so far wide of the facts that its laughable. The actual real life rof of weapons like that is constricted to about 1500-2000rpm and often less, because the barrels heat up so rapidly even at that rate of fire that they would jam frequently, quickly rendering the whole thing useless. 14 year olds in video games have got a better grasp

Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2020, 04:16:37 PM

They would probably make more sense than some of the people on this forum.

:D
I so knew what was coming.

papasmurf

In fact, he is so far wide of the facts that its laughable. The actual real life rof of weapons like that is constricted to about 1500-2000rpm and often less, because the barrels heat up so rapidly even at that rate of fire that they would jam frequently, quickly rendering the whole thing useless. 14 year olds in video games have got a better grasp

Sorry about that I was looking at the early development stats not the production ones. However where you are getting 1500-2000 from I don't know the quoted is 4000/6000.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Yeah well that won't be happening either, care in the community has a lot to answer for.

There's an old saying about plans and the enemy, but military fantasists rarely survive contact with physics

Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2020, 11:14:57 AMand the combined fire power is some 20000 rounds a minute

Two 7.62mm mini-guns with a combined cyclic rate of fire of 40,000 rounds per minute would expend something approaching 20 kilogrammes of ammunition and links per second, quite apart form the fact that an average bike has nowhere to store such huge weight and bulk while remaining ridable

Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2020, 04:16:37 PM

They would probably make more sense than some of the people on this forum.

:D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

DeppityDawg