Why can't I be a woman?

Started by T00ts, September 08, 2020, 08:48:25 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 10, 2020, 10:10:41 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 08, 2020, 08:48:25 PM
I have all the attributes of what has been known as a woman all my life but now I no longer fit in. The latest word for me apparently is womxn. There are descriptions which are nothing short of embarrassing which describe female bodily functions in order to avoid the word woman but now to cap it all x has the spotlight.

Why is it always women who draw the short straw? Why is there not a collective phrase/word for men regardless of what their birth gender was? I could offer a few! Why is a minority shouting loud enough to turn the country on it's head and getting away with it?

I heard a good debate on five live about this and the fact the ability to give women safe space can now have a person that identifies as a woman in it. Potentially a 6'7" bloke who identifies as a woman inside a safe space. This is why this cannot be slowed to happen.
I guess you meant allowed,but not a million miles from where I live there is a bloke of desperate Dan proportions who dresses as a woman some smile when they see him (me included) because it's so obvious others shout insults and then there's some who offer violence......god knows why but he isn't harming anyone and he'll never pass for a woman in a million years but who cares? Not me.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borg Refinery

"Why is there not a collective phrase/word for men"

I think there already is Toots, it's just prohibited on this place. ;D.

Look, men and women are equal, perhaps not in the eyes of some but then what do we expect from a deeply misogynist society... and one where Republican billionaire Trump supporters like that Pritzker scumbag are literally paying out billions to brainwash young boys into being trans women, and young girls into being trans men?

This is the kind of crap society we live in.
+++

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on September 08, 2020, 08:48:25 PMWhy is there not a collective phrase/word for men regardless of what their birth gender was? I could offer a few! Why is a minority shouting loud enough to turn the country on it's head and getting away with it?
There were two: man and mankind. They were gender non-specific and referred to the species (numbering over 8 billion) that's currently ruining the earth. But — to support your complaint of sexism — the best known global environmental warrior, who happens to be female, is currently the main target of those who disagree...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

I have all the attributes of what has been known as a woman all my life but now I no longer fit in. The latest word for me apparently is womxn. There are descriptions which are nothing short of embarrassing which describe female bodily functions in order to avoid the word woman but now to cap it all x has the spotlight.

Why is it always women who draw the short straw? Why is there not a collective phrase/word for men regardless of what their birth gender was? I could offer a few! Why is a minority shouting loud enough to turn the country on it's head and getting away with it?

I heard a good debate on five live about this and the fact the ability to give women safe space can now have a person that identifies as a woman in it. Potentially a 6'7" bloke who identifies as a woman inside a safe space. This is why this cannot be slowed to happen.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Misogyny is rampant in society but.... isn't the PM just a teeny bit of a misogynist?

However, he concluded that the real reason women are turning to Labour is because of their natural "fickleness."

"The real reason why Blackpool is buzzing with glamorous women is surely that they scent victory. It is not the great smell of Brut that makes John Prescott attractive. It is the whiff of power. With the fickleness of their sex, they are following the polls."

Sounds like a certain blue, garden-variety poster here.. doesn't he?  ;D ;D

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6%3famp
+++

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 09, 2020, 08:39:21 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 08, 2020, 08:48:25 PMWhy is it always women who draw the short straw?

It isn't women who always draw the short straw.

Quote from: T00ts on September 08, 2020, 08:48:25 PMWhy is a minority shouting loud enough to turn the country on it's head and getting away with it?

Because our liberal society lets them.

I guess it would be too much to expect a man to agree.  ;D

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on September 08, 2020, 08:48:25 PMWhy is it always women who draw the short straw?

It isn't women who always draw the short straw.

Quote from: T00ts on September 08, 2020, 08:48:25 PMWhy is a minority shouting loud enough to turn the country on it's head and getting away with it?

Because our liberal society lets them.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis on September 08, 2020, 11:41:41 PM
(warily backs off)

Fair point about misogyny in society, but I'm.just saying these are fringe loonies, maoist third worldist ultra militant feminists using these terms in student societies.

Well, I think they USED to be loonies of some political persuasion limited to student societies, but these days they are out there in the public arena ranting for the cameras and making headlines on supposedly mainstream news sites and some of them are contending for leadership of political parties who have members elected to public office.

The Labour Party require members to accept the right of members to self determine their gender. And other things. Whilst this might have started out as sounding a good idea that one respects a well thought out political viewpoint regardless of the thinker's appearance, dress code, social habits, and choice of which genitalia to have and where to shove them, it has now gone well past stupid and into the twilight zone.

A Liberal Party leadership candidate (who thankfully ended up on the scrapheap as their former leader in parliament found herself on in December 2019) had problems identifying a woman for political party membership purposes. Now the fact she ended up on the scrap heap and the members chose the alternative might be a sign that even the liberal party whose past achievements include shot dogs and obese kiddie fiddlers has a point beyond which one does not go, but I rather doubt it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Dynamis on September 08, 2020, 09:00:18 PM
Is a womxn a woman with a speech impediment?

But seriously, this respelling things is old and best ignored. A few years ago it was womyn or whatever, who knows..who cares.
The think the word was "wimmin", so spelled by a handful of extreme feminists to avoid the inclusion of the word "men" in it. But since 99.99% of people just found this ridiculous and ignored it, it sank without trace.

Just ignore the stupidity. It will never catch on. Because the vast majority of people have better things to worry about.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 08, 2020, 09:15:32 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 08, 2020, 09:00:18 PM
Is a womxn a woman with a speech impediment?

But seriously, this respelling things is old and best ignored. A few years ago it was womyn or whatever, who knows..who cares.

...and perhaps I might have been inclined to ignore it too. Would you ignore it if they were playing around with men. It's always women who have to bat back. Guys rarely come off worse. Women got the vote last, women were persuaded that the pill would give them freedom, no it didn't it gave men the freedom and women fewer excuses. Women have the indignity of often sharing unisex toilets in school and work places. It used to be one of the places where we could escape. Women come off worse with drugs because men assume that our bodies work the same as theirs. Men have better treatment for things like heart attacks and strokes because men assumed the same that we were really men with different bits.

It continues ....it does make me so mad!

(warily backs off)

Fair point about misogyny in society, but I'm.just saying these are fringe loonies, maoist third worldist ultra militant feminists using these terms in student societies.

Not seen anyone else using them, maybe I am wrong.

Is this about what Barry says? If so then that wingsoverscotland guy linked me this;

https://medium.com/@sue.donym1984/a-republican-billionaire-is-funding-the-trans-movement-and-conversion-therapy-junk-science-c0a824c3fb96

It's very disturbing..
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on September 08, 2020, 09:55:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doz5w2W-jAY

GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Borchester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doz5w2W-jAY
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on September 08, 2020, 09:22:12 PM
This is all about the trans lobby trying to get men into ladies toilets, isn't it?
Follow Maya Forstater on Twitter and she'll help you understand how to oppose this awful perversion.

I don't do Twitter or Social Media except for specific private groups. Too much bad stuff around.