Main Menu

Empire bashing

Started by T00ts, September 17, 2020, 10:22:19 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 21, 2020, 08:10:56 PM
Well, no one can accuse me of mincing my words. I can't stand the ****  ;D
Would never have guessed,but then we have a different approach to these things :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Well, no one can accuse me of mincing my words. I can't stand the ****  ;D

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on September 21, 2020, 07:29:36 PM
Quote from: cromwell on September 21, 2020, 07:24:28 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 21, 2020, 06:48:20 PM
Quote from: cromwell on September 21, 2020, 06:44:16 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 21, 2020, 06:39:51 PM
Quote from: cromwell on September 21, 2020, 06:28:28 PM
so despite any beliefs or principles you have you suspend them all because someone's been a knob.

Um, how did you interpret "I don't agree with" as saying I'm in favour of what Borkie said?

I'm saying you can expect Bork to 'be a knob' to Pat given that he's a knob to others, we all say things for effect with a bit of exaggeration sometimes. That's what is going on here.

QuoteI'm not going to post what I think people want to hear

No one asked you to.

Not surehow you read "I don't agree with" as "I'm supporting what Bork said".
Blimey! I never said that.......I said you were suspending your beliefs or principles because......oh we'll never mind

Well how is saying "I don't agree with .. and think it's wrong" reinterpreted by you as 'suspending my principles'.

If you're going to tell everyone their life experiences are irrelevant and don't matter as pat has done, then expect others to say the same thing back, is that untrue or incorrect? And I said "at the same time" as in both things are true, ie Borkie's wrong to say that but I can see why he's winding Pat up.

Yeah, nevermind indeed.

I suppose thinking in black and white with no grey areas must be comforting for you.
Well I've no need of comfort,and funnily enough I do sometimes only see black and white.....Imguess it's the little bit of autism in me...runs in the family.

Clearly you've got the hump with me when I didn't intend to offend was just answering your post  ::)

Fair enough, and FWIW I generally like reading what you write. I don't like being accused of being a duplicitous type... you can appreciate that I think. ;)
Well I wasn't accusing you of being duplicitous and apologise if thats how it came across really what a lot I said was meant to more than you just really saying out loud my thought process I'm afraid you just happened to be the one I answered.

Borg Refinery

Oh well, maybe I look at things in black and white sometimes myself.  :D Sorry Toots..

I've defended papy plenty of times too, incl once or twice from being banned - and I've defended pat's argument in some of the political correctness threads too despite the whole forum jeering..  ;) I'm not scared of going against the whole forum at once, as has happened months ago. ;)

But I won't accept super hypocritical arguments from the likes of Pat when he laughs at people's stories of abuse etc, that's just not nice.
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 21, 2020, 07:26:42 PM
"The following users thanked this post: T00ts"

If you have no idea, then why did you like the post where he essentially accuses me of being a duplicitous lying ..........?

You are entitled to your opinion but I am entitled (with no abuse aimed at either of you I might add) to criticize it.

Excuse the gap in the quote but I don't like the language so won't repeat it, my 'like' was for the comment about Papy. I thought that was fair. The rest is beyond me as I said.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on September 21, 2020, 07:24:28 PM
so despite any beliefs or principles you have you suspend them all because someone's been a knob.

Um, how did you interpret "I don't agree with" as saying I'm in favour of what Borkie said?

I'm saying you can expect Bork to 'be a knob' to Pat given that he's a knob to others, we all say things for effect with a bit of exaggeration sometimes. That's what is going on here.

No one asked you to.

Blimey! I never said that.......I said you were suspending your beliefs or principles because......oh we'll never mind

Well how is saying "I don't agree with .. and think it's wrong" reinterpreted by you as 'suspending my principles'.

If you're going to tell everyone their life experiences are irrelevant and don't matter as pat has done, then expect others to say the same thing back, is that untrue or incorrect? And I said "at the same time" as in both things are true, ie Borkie's wrong to say that but I can see why he's winding Pat up.

Yeah, nevermind indeed.

I suppose thinking in black and white with no grey areas must be comforting for you.
Well I've no need of comfort,and funnily enough I do sometimes only see black and white.....Imguess it's the little bit of autism in me...runs in the family.

Clearly you've got the hump with me when I didn't intend to offend was just answering your post  ::)

Fair enough, and FWIW I generally like reading what you write. I don't like being accused of being a duplicitous type... you can appreciate that I think. ;)
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 21, 2020, 07:23:15 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 21, 2020, 07:10:46 PMNo doubt cromwell (and p'raps Toots) would accuse me

Hey leave me out of it - I have no idea what any of you are talking about!

"The following users thanked this post: T00ts"

If you have no idea, then why did you like the post where he essentially accuses me of being a duplicitous lying bastard?

You are entitled to your opinion but I am entitled (with no abuse aimed at either of you I might add) to criticize it.
+++

cromwell

No one asked you to.

Yeah, nevermind indeed.

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 21, 2020, 07:10:46 PMNo doubt cromwell (and p'raps Toots) would accuse me

Hey leave me out of it - I have no idea what any of you are talking about!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Good old on September 21, 2020, 07:04:13 PM

Is the contentious issue, not what Borchie, said as much as who he said it to .? I am not judging, but asking.

Well he (Pat) tells people...the stuff they went through means nothing.

Then he pleads for sympathy by sharing his own life experiences with us and saying "my family did this".

I know it's a bit wrong what Bork said but it's exactly what I expected.

Just like when smurf tells us that people who oppose immigration are in the wrong, then fucking posts that immigrants should be shot at with gun boats around the entire EU border area.

Wtf is that all about? No doubt cromwell (and p'raps Toots) would accuse me of 'suspending your beliefs' for pointing out that hypocrisy while saying I'm pro-EU immigration policy too. 🤔
+++

Good old

Is the contentious issue, not what Borchie, said as much as who he said it to .? I am not judging, but asking.

Borg Refinery

No one asked you to.

Yeah, nevermind indeed.

+++

cromwell

No one asked you to.

Borg Refinery

Quoteso despite any beliefs or principles you have you suspend them all because someone's been a knob.

You're sounding like Javert with the inserting your reading of someone else and passing them off as others' thoughts thing..

No one asked you to.

Not sure how you read "I don't agree with" as "I'm supporting what Bork said".
+++

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on September 21, 2020, 11:31:46 AM
Quote from: cromwell on September 21, 2020, 10:45:08 AM
The empire happened it's the way of empires that they plunder the colonies for the enrichment of colonial power,that enrichment in this case  mainly benefited a few,there were not all negatives though infrastructure was built justice systems and society organised.

We all complain on here so why do any of us stay? well one reason might be the hope things improve.

Quote from: Borchester on September 20, 2020, 12:32:46 PM
Quote from: patman post on September 20, 2020, 12:07:26 PM
Quote from: Borchester on September 19, 2020, 04:42:46 PMSo tell us Pat, if this country is such a shit hole, why did your mother stay?
Don't think either my Mum or I have considered or referred to any country or region as such. Your question is reminiscent of the typical "it's a question of numbers" Enoch Powell supporter's: why don't you go back to where you come from? In Mum's case that would be Tottenham. In my case, Dalston.
Mum's parents came over in the sixties to join up with close relatives who'd come over and joined the RAF in 1944 and others who were recruited later to help rebuild Britain...

Very kind of your mum Pat, but WWII has been over for 75 years and Vera Lynn is dead, so the question remains, if things are so bad in this country why stay?

The problem is, Pat dismisses everyone else's experiences as "the 4 yorkshireman sketch" then provides his own and expects sympathy.

If he wasn't so condescending towards others' shared life experiences, then I'd probably echo your thoughts and defend him too..

I don't agree with the "immigrants shouldn't be here if x" line and think it's wrong - at the same time, not sure what he was expecting, if you are going to be super snobby then you'd surely expect people like Borkie to be, well, Borkie..
Hmmmm! Don't really get that,ok so you believe this
QuoteI don't agree with the "immigrants shouldn't be here if x" line and think it's wrong
So because you find somebody has behaved like a knob you ignore what you believe,how does that work?.....I've had my differences with Pat and how he can be with people,smurfy too (let's face it we can all be like a knob on here from one degree to another,some more than others ;)) so despite any beliefs or principles you have you suspend them all because someone's been a knob.
There are people I don't like or those who behaviour gets on my nerves,I still try to be polite though,I like Borchester he makes me laugh but he can IMO be ott with people or things he says,so should I ignore all that because I like him? no sod that I'll say my piece.
Must be why I get stick for supporting smurfy on occasion,well I'm not going to post what I think people want to hear,you have no idea in he past how much smurfy has got on my tits and I could care less if he was banned for good......but if he says something of worth IMO I'll say,so sorry if that's inconvenient for anyone.