Main Menu

..Junk Science. Again.

Started by Dynamis, September 27, 2020, 12:07:05 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 12:06:47 PM
The name doesn't make any difference in the main scheme of things. I think most people have concerns, if not for themselves then for family members friends etc. Chinese sniffles is a tool to hold back what might be panic among many. We are already seeing civil unrest promoted as concerns over human rights/public freedoms and I suspect it is as much to do with downright fear as much as anything else.

Just as people will stand in front of a hurricane swearing not to run and hide so others are facing Covid with the same sense of bravery. There is nothing wrong with that. We are all allowed our own points of view. It does not mean they are uncaring for others.

Borkie more often than not calls it the chinese sniffles for a laugh and a bit of a wind up against pappy.

Most of us on here accept it as the joke and piss take that it is meant , borkie being of similar age and of similar risk to smurf , yet only pappy smurf ( and maybe quack quack) take it seriously as they have a complete sense of humour by pass.

Your wise words and patience are wasted toots.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 12:06:47 PM
I think most people have concerns,

Several people on this forum seem to have no concerns at all.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 11:40:53 AM
The people who keep calling it the Chinese Sniffles bother me.

The name doesn't make any difference in the main scheme of things. I think most people have concerns, if not for themselves then for family members friends etc. Chinese sniffles is a tool to hold back what might be panic among many. We are already seeing civil unrest promoted as concerns over human rights/public freedoms and I suspect it is as much to do with downright fear as much as anything else.

Just as people will stand in front of a hurricane swearing not to run and hide so others are facing Covid with the same sense of bravery. There is nothing wrong with that. We are all allowed our own points of view. It does not mean they are uncaring for others.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 11:40:53 AM

That's cause you don't understand the message in what they're saying and the more you don't get it the more you'll get. If there was more substance in your posts there would be more debate and less piss take.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 11:29:21 AM

The doom-mongers don't bother me and much as I hate to cosh people with it I have a faith which actually does a lot for my general state of mind. I am grateful for that.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on October 29, 2020, 11:23:34 AM
i know toots i was generalising.

There are many though who are merely existing at the moment due to this pandemic , so you can see why many are at the stage where fear of the virus has been overcome by other much worse factors.

Then you have pappy where the virus and the tories are the central facts of his existence on this planet. ::)

Oh yes I can see that. My own kids are saying the same to the point of sometimes forgetting about it altogether. However they are very mindful of not infecting me. Neither one wants that risk and I can understand their concerns. I guess they like having me around - is that love??  :o ;D

The doom-mongers don't bother me and much as I hate to cosh people with it I have a faith which actually does a lot for my general state of mind. I am grateful for that.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 11:17:18 AM
LOL I guess it depends how you view 'existing'. I don't just 'exist' by any means believe me. (First giggle of the day)

i know toots i was generalising.

There are many though who are merely existing at the moment due to this pandemic , so you can see why many are at the stage where fear of the virus has been overcome by other much worse factors.

Then you have pappy where the virus and the tories are the central facts of his existence on this planet. ::)

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on October 29, 2020, 11:09:50 AM
I think its all about balancing lifes risks toots.

You still have to function as a human being and have a quality of life while protecting yourself.

I have to go out each day and go to work , so while the risk of catching covid 19 is always at the back of my mind , i suppose i have become numb to it , have switched off , and simply cracked on.

I also have two teenagers at home that could bring the virus back any day from school or college , so you just have to grin and bear it.

I would suggest swtiching off the news , stop reading newspapers , dont listen to wacky crackpots and doomongers , and do as you personally see fit.

No one wants to die , but whats the point in life when there is absolutely no quality to it and you are merely existing?

LOL I guess it depends how you view 'existing'. I don't just 'exist' by any means believe me. (First giggle of the day)

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 11:09:10 AM
Despite the idiots, on the forum spouting lying bollocks about me, despite shielding I do go out away from my home weather permitting.
What I don't do is go anywhere near people because the invasion of potential plague carriers from upcountry who are taking no notice of Covid-19 regulations just is not abating. (Normally by now there are just residents here, and no tourists.)

Well thats good pappy you have overcome your fear and are now venturing out from your bedroom. Well done you!!!

Now if only you can overcome your fear of your fellow human being  , and you might find yourself being a bit more cheery and less grouchy as you try and return to a semblance of normality.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 11:03:35 AM
Sadly I do have a similar problem. Over the last few weeks while the count locally has been low I have still done a lot online but have ventured forth carefully when needed or wanted. Just yesterday I went out with my daughter and thoroughly enjoyed it. The prospect of once again retreating behind my front door is really depressing but at the moment all the many thousands like me are in a similar position. It seems that even the greatest minds have no real way out of this and although the young and fit are seemingly prepared to take on the challenge with infection that isn't going to be the answer either since reinfection seems highly likely. Perhaps a strong wooden box will be the only way out, it's just that ideally I would like to hang around a bit longer.

I think its all about balancing lifes risks toots.

You still have to function as a human being and have a quality of life while protecting yourself.

I have to go out each day and go to work , so while the risk of catching covid 19 is always at the back of my mind , i suppose i have become numb to it , have switched off , and simply cracked on.

I also have two teenagers at home that could bring the virus back any day from school or college , so you just have to grin and bear it.

I would suggest swtiching off the news , stop reading newspapers , dont listen to wacky crackpots and doomongers , and do as you personally see fit.

No one wants to die , but whats the point in life when there is absolutely no quality to it and you are merely existing?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 11:03:35 AM
Sadly I do have a similar problem. Over the last few weeks while the count locally has been low I have still done a lot online but have ventured forth carefully when needed or wanted. Just yesterday I went out with my daughter and thoroughly enjoyed it. The prospect of once again retreating behind my front door is really depressing but at the moment all the many thousands like me are in a similar position. It seems that even the greatest minds have no real way out of this and although the young and fit are seemingly prepared to take on the challenge with infection that isn't going to be the answer either since reinfection seems highly likely. Perhaps a strong wooden box will be the only way out, it's just that ideally I would like to hang around a bit longer.

Despite the idiots, on the forum spouting lying bollocks about me, despite shielding I do go out away from my home weather permitting.
What I don't do is go anywhere near people because the invasion of potential plague carriers from upcountry who are taking no notice of Covid-19 regulations just is not abating. (Normally by now there are just residents here, and no tourists.)

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on October 29, 2020, 10:55:42 AM
i would say you are fecked then smurf wouldnt you?

you either spend the rest of your life hiding in your bedroom apart from humanity , or grin and bare it like the rest of us and try and live with covid 19.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 10:38:14 AM
It appears from research that the antibodies are not persistent, so herd immunity can not happen by allowing more people to catch Covid-19.
It also appears any vaccine will not result in long term protection either so regular inoculations will be necessary.

i would say you are fecked then smurf wouldnt you?

you either spend the rest of your life hiding in your bedroom apart from humanity , or grin and bare it like the rest of us and try and live with covid 19.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 29, 2020, 10:22:48 AM
What has that got to do with antibody persistence?

It appears from research that the antibodies are not persistent, so herd immunity can not happen by allowing more people to catch Covid-19.
It also appears any vaccine will not result in long term protection either so regular inoculations will be necessary.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 09:45:43 AM
If you are asymptomatic you can spread the disease to others.

What has that got to do with antibody persistence?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.