Why does God let it happen?

Started by T00ts, September 28, 2020, 11:27:57 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2020, 06:17:24 PMHow would you translate this with your doctrine? 

John 5:25
New Testament

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live
I don't really need to. Just read the rest.
24 "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

28 "Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2020, 06:30:19 PM
Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2020, 06:08:06 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2020, 04:32:41 PMAs Toots says I can decide to change my mind after death .
That's one point on which we digress. I believe once we have died, there's no changing our future destiny.

Thats quite a big difference of opinion to have between Christians . Maybe its a different church thing but Im going with Toots version if its all the same . I can't see God just dismissing 70% of the world population at the Purley Gates because they are not Christians .

Just to clarify - not just not Christians but not had the chance. Having said that I understand that there will still be opportunities to accept the Gospel before resurrection even for those who dismissed it here. I believe from my understanding of the Gospel that God is just like us when it comes to parenthood. We love our kids and give them all sorts of chances to improve. He is the same but I often wonder how He copes when He sees what the people of the world do to each other.

In passing you would do to really think about belief now before time here is up.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2020, 04:32:41 PMAs Toots says I can decide to change my mind after death .
That's one point on which we digress. I believe once we have died, there's no changing our future destiny.

Thats quite a big difference of opinion to have between Christians . Maybe its a different church thing but Im going with Toots version if its all the same . I cant see God just dismissing 70% of the world population at the Purley Gates because they are not Christians . 

T00ts

Yes and I understand that but there is a problem with that thought for me. What about all the people who die without knowledge or teaching about Jesus? I can't believe that God could be unfair so there must be provision for them. What would be the point of the Millennium when it comes, when there is the 2nd coming. What would it be for? Why then is Satan released again? (Revelations) I cannot believe that Christianity can only apply to those of us born since Christ in countries with Christianity. The coming of the Messiah has always been foretold.

How would you translate this with your doctrine? 

New Testament

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2020, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2020, 04:02:43 PMSee Barry , thats the way to talk to people    Im nailed on for No 13 ,  the non believers Mansion of people who have been (in the main ) well behaved and  respectful of their neighbours wife  and all that .
If being well behaved gets you saved, what was the point of Jesus' sacrificial death?

When Adam and Eve fell from grace death was the only thing that greeted them. Jesus came to remove that and gave us eternal life. All people have eternal life sinners or not, repented or not that is the promise. However it doesn't remove judgement. God is just, there is no argument of that, but as told by Jesus we will not all go in exactly the same place. That will depend on our deeds etc. I do believe that wherever we are we will be happy, it will be an existence outside of our imagination, but God is pure and will only live with those who are pure too. Not all of us will achieve His purity by the time of judgement, but eternal life gives us time to continually improve. For some it will simply take longer than others.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2020, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2020, 04:02:43 PMSee Barry , thats the way to talk to people    Im nailed on for No 13 ,  the non believers Mansion of people who have been (in the main ) well behaved and  respectful of their neighbours wife  and all that .
If being well behaved gets you saved, what was the point of Jesus' sacrificial death?

I dont know ,that's a question I dont  have to answer . As Toots says I can decide to change my mind after death .

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2020, 04:02:43 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2020, 03:41:49 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2020, 02:30:43 PM
Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2020, 02:07:52 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2020, 12:12:11 PM
So to not believe in a supreme being is a worse sin than standing in a concert hall and blowing up a load of kids ?
Murder can be forgiven, but not without faith.

That may or may not be true but it wasn't really what I asked .    How about  I dont believe in sky fairies ,God  the Holy spirit or Virgins  giving birth . Much to my surprise I turn up  at the gates of heaven on the same bus as a mass murderer who believes in God .

Your telling me your going to let him in to the eternal party and tell me to do one , on your bike sunshine , no entrada amigo ?

You've got to remember too that there isn't just one destination. 'In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you'.  So there is more than one level of glory and we will placed in the 'mansion' most suitable for us and our deeds on earth. So perhaps better to keep an open mind on the subject in case of eviction altogether.

See Barry , thats the way to talk to people  ;)  Im nailed on for No 13 ,  the non believers Mansion of people who have been (in the main ) well behaved and  respectful of their neighbours wife  and all that .

Close - you will have a chance to change your mind and accept Jesus for who He really is in the spirit world after death. It's a great system and organisation.

New Testament

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2020, 03:41:49 PM
So to not believe in a supreme being is a worse sin than standing in a concert hall and blowing up a load of kids ?

That may or may not be true but it wasn't really what I asked .    How about  I dont believe in sky fairies ,God  the Holy spirit or Virgins  giving birth . Much to my surprise I turn up  at the gates of heaven on the same bus as a mass murderer who believes in God .

Your telling me your going to let him in to the eternal party and tell me to do one , on your bike sunshine , no entrada amigo ?

You've got to remember too that there isn't just one destination. 'In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you'.  So there is more than one level of glory and we will placed in the 'mansion' most suitable for us and our deeds on earth. So perhaps better to keep an open mind on the subject in case of eviction altogether.

See Barry , thats the way to talk to people  ;)  Im nailed on for No 13 ,  the non believers Mansion of people who have been (in the main ) well behaved and  respectful of their neighbours wife  and all that .

T00ts

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2020, 02:30:43 PMThat may or may not be true but it wasn't really what I asked .    How about  I dont believe in sky fairies ,God  the Holy spirit or Virgins  giving birth . Much to my surprise I turn up  at the gates of heaven on the same bus as a mass murderer who believes in God .

Not me making the decision. But the murderer who repents and asks for forgiveness with a contrite heart will be in the "eternal party". The unbeliever will not.
Not my rules, of course, but that's what the bible tells us.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Borg Refinery

Why does God let 'it' happen?

It depends on what you mean by 'it', the graphical details of things going on in the world right now will probably be too upsetting for some. But the first port of call is knowing what's happening (as much as you can) first. There is a sin in wilful ignorance itself of course.

People are quick to judge anyone - other peoples, other countries etc for their own misfortunes and say "we did it differently, we are better/superior" etc, which in itself is a judgement.. so.. sinful.

It's allowed to happen to test all of us, but that doesn't mean you can cast stones and judge others who are sent such tests, that's not at all how it works. God lets the evil one do bad things because it's a test, or it's allowed because we've dis-graced ourselves in some way and need to ask for more grace and help to overcome.
+++

Barry

† The end is nigh †