SNP MP attends parliament and travels on train in spite of testing positive for

Started by srb7677, October 01, 2020, 09:29:52 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 02, 2020, 12:21:40 PM
it's an interesting concept.

suppose she does stand down, what then ?

It will probably do Wee Krankie the power of good. She has withdrawn the whip from Ms Ferrier and thus shown both the party and electorate that little Nick is not the sort of girl to be trifled with.

It is a bit tough on Ms Ferrier, but she is coming up for her pension and I dare see that the party will find her some harmless non job pay the bills. 
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 02, 2020, 12:21:40 PM

(Has anyone been fined for not wearing a face covering yet - asking for the families of those who could not do as cummings did as they knew the law would not turn a blind eye as they did for cummings)

If Cummings has been summarily executed outside 10 Downing Street there would have been no further problems.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 02, 2020, 10:37:39 AM
If she falls on her sword so to speak and forces a by-election (wee Crankie is saying she should go ) it will be interesting to see how the voters react  . Probably an increased majority for whoever takes the seat IMO which would in turn ramp up the indy rhetoric (wee Crankie is telling her to go ! )  ;)

it's an interesting concept.

suppose she does stand down, what then ?

Sturgeon had no choice but to tell her to go given the noise she made about Boris' special spad, and don't forget her own spad (or was she a civil servant) falling on her sword for merely travelling to her holiday home in violation of the "guidance" or was it law ?  The last thing Sturgeon needs is to see her lined up with Boris who can now add his father as well as his only hope of clinging to power as people who are above the law.

(Has anyone been fined for not wearing a face covering yet - asking for the families of those who could not do as cummings did as they knew the law would not turn a blind eye as they did for cummings)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

QuoteNicola Sturgeon
@NicolaSturgeon
I've spoken to Margaret Ferrier and made clear my view that she should step down as an MP. I did so with a heavy heart - she is a friend & colleague - but her actions were dangerous & indefensible. I have no power to force an MP to resign but I hope she will do the right thing

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1311957095231696896
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 02, 2020, 10:37:39 AM
If she falls on her sword so to speak and forces a by-election (wee Crankie is saying she should go ) it will be interesting to see how the voters react  . Probably an increased majority for whoever takes the seat IMO which would in turn ramp up the indy rhetoric (wee Crankie is telling her to go ! )  ;)

Not sure i agree it will ramp up the indy rhetoric.

Sturgeons growing problem is she needs to now be seen to be doing something concrete about indpendence.

The snp have taken what was in effect a traditional long term labour seat , and labour won it back with a slight majority in 2017 , then ferrier took it again in 2019.

She should go. Whatever the hypocrisy of unionists over this subject , the snp have to appear whiter than white , as they are a threat to the brit establishment and status quo. All ferrier has done is provide them with red meat the silly cant.

Labour could sneek the seat in a by election , which would of course be a small boost to starmer , but then he would only be emulating what corbyn did in 2017.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 02, 2020, 10:33:54 AM
Silly cow! A chance to strike back at your main antagonist..........yeah no fun in being a lone voice is it? However I don't believe anyone is saying the Snp is whiter than white even Thomas has admitted to its shortcomings from time to time so in that respect you are being unfair.

Like I said whilst being a lone voice might not be fun it can be done with some style,if you look back over the history of this forum as it mutated and moved (I suppose me keep referring to previous threads and posts etc might be annoying  :P) SW is a good example he banged on about leaving the eu and supporting UKIP,took some stick for it did he let it bother him....no lose his rag....no.
Speaks for itself really.

Exactly cromwell.

For years streetwalker was a lone voice for ukip on our old forum , and similarly myself with the snp.

Did we run away crying no one supported us?

I think  one of steves problems is he isnt used to anything outside the comfortable two party politics , and finds himself in an unusual situation on here where labour are in the extreme minority in terms of forum members support.

He is just coming across now as a never ending sniveller and bleater. Everyone of us has our political disagreements on this forum , and will continue to do so going forward , but most of us can debate without crying off.

Streetwalker

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 09:29:52 PM
Margaret Ferrier, an SNP MP with covid symptoms attended parliament in spite of awaiting the results of a test. Then she travelled by train to Scotland after being told she'd tested positive, apparently not giving a flying f**k about who she might infect and possibly kill as a result.

Anyone who tries to tell me the SNP are whiter than white with selfish, callous and grossly irresponsible reprobates such as this sitting on their benches has no credibility whatsoever....

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/01/mp-attended-parliament-with-covid-symptoms-and-failed-to-isolate-after-testing-positive-13358435/
Silly cow! A chance to strike back at your main antagonist..........yeah no fun in being a lone voice is it? However I don't believe anyone is saying the Snp is whiter than white even Thomas has admitted to its shortcomings from time to time so in that respect you are being unfair.

Like I said whilst being a lone voice might not be fun it can be done with some style,if you look back over the history of this forum as it mutated and moved (I suppose me keep referring to previous threads and posts etc might be annoying  :P) SW is a good example he banged on about leaving the eu and supporting UKIP,took some stick for it did he let it bother him....no lose his rag....no.
Speaks for itself really.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on October 02, 2020, 10:13:06 AM
I don't want the SNP to disappear, so stop putting words into my mouth, Thomas. Please don't turn this thread into another SNP political broadcast either.
I didn't mention party politics. She's just another misbehaving MP.

I dont remember you feeling the need to comment when prince charles travelled all the way from london to scotland  with covid symptoms and  afterwards tested positive for covid ?

Barry

I don't want the SNP to disappear, so stop putting words into my mouth, Thomas. Please don't turn this thread into another SNP political broadcast either.
I didn't mention party politics. She's just another misbehaving MP.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on October 02, 2020, 08:45:19 AM
Sorry, didn't realise there was already a thread, so:

Got a positive Covid Test -
Then went on a train.
Knowingly putting others at risk of infection.
Would attempted manslaughter be an appropriate charge?

People in glass houses barry shoudnt throw stones as they say.

She has apologised and been suspended from the party. Sturgeon has condemned her , so im not sure what else the snp can do. She was out of order , end of story.

Much as you wish the snp to disappear barry , and your beloved union to remain safe , its going to take a lot more than this idiot to stop us.

This story here is an interesting and important outcome for the scottish independence movement.
Scottish independence is inevitable and nothing to worry about, UK CEOs agree

ONLY 4% of the UK's most senior business leaders believe Scotland will not become independent, with most chief executives and finance directors relaxed about the prospect, according to a dramatic new poll.

The survey carried out by leading research company Ipsos MORI found 95% of the top executives are confident their company would adapt to the consequences of the new constitutional arrangement.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18764101.scottish-independence-inevitable-nothing-worry-uk-ceos-agree/

srb7677

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 02, 2020, 09:03:42 AM
That seems like a shallow attack to me. All parties have MPs that embarrass them from time to time, but the behaviour of an individual doesn't represent a whole party.

I assume you don't think Tom Watson's support of a serial liar in a made up sex abuse scandal doesn't reflect on the sincerity of all Labour MPs or members?
Of course not. I have no time for Tom Watson, aka Twatson, but that is by the by.

One bad apple MP does not damn a whole party of course not. If it did they'd all be in the shit. But the SNP and it's supporters do like to portray themselves as better than the others. This episode demonstrates that they are just the same and no better than the others.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 09:29:52 PMAnyone who tries to tell me the SNP are whiter than white with selfish, callous and grossly irresponsible reprobates such as this sitting on their benches has no credibility whatsoever....

That seems like a shallow attack to me. All parties have MPs that embarrass them from time to time, but the behaviour of an individual doesn't represent a whole party.

I assume you don't think Tom Watson's support of a serial liar in a made up sex abuse scandal doesn't reflect on the sincerity of all Labour MPs or members?

Barry

Sorry, didn't realise there was already a thread, so:

Got a positive Covid Test -
Then went on a train.
Knowingly putting others at risk of infection.
Would attempted manslaughter be an appropriate charge?
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on October 01, 2020, 10:20:56 PM
Let's not burn her at the stake though she is being punished.

Funny you should say that toots ,I was just thinking  she looks like a bit of a witch .  I demand  Crimen exceptum  ,let the tortures  begin .