Trump trumped by Covid

Started by T00ts, October 02, 2020, 09:30:32 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on October 08, 2020, 03:13:18 PM
Can Trump really be better and fit to campaign live? If the drugs/treatment is so good - assuming he had it at all - why aren't doctors claiming it far and wide? It hardly like the Americans to hide their light under a bushel.
Well no he didn't really say this but might as well have had.

QuoteI have tested positive.The experts say it is the most positive test they have ever seen.It was so  positive they couldn't even believe it.
They had to do another test to be sure.They said no one has tested this positive ever.
Frankly they were amazed.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Can Trump really be better and fit to campaign live? If the drugs/treatment is so good - assuming he had it at all - why aren't doctors claiming it far and wide? It hardly like the Americans to hide their light under a bushel.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2020, 09:08:40 PMAre you saying that this is not a new virus?
No, but SARS (2003) and MERS-Cov (2012) were both very similar, but were not quite as successful. Google them and take a look.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2020, 08:57:46 PM
Yep. The people who want to make money out of a vaccine will tell you that.
Whereas, if you look for the antibody resilience of people recovered from SARS and MERS coronaviruses, it was 3-4 years.

I'm reminded of that saying that the first casualty in war is the truth. I reckon the same happened with this virus.

Are you saying that this is not a new virus?

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2020, 08:46:27 PMyou have heard that the antibodies fade rapidly so there is no guarantee of no second infection?
Yep. The people who want to make money out of a vaccine will tell you that.
Whereas, if you look for the antibody resilience of people recovered from SARS and MERS coronaviruses, it was 3-4 years.

I'm reminded of that saying that the first casualty in war is the truth. I reckon the same happened with this virus.

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2020, 08:41:57 PM
He may have gone into hospital as a precaution, like Boris did, or he may have gone in to have precise controlled treatment.

You could say that Boris can't have had it as he goes around with  mask on all day. He can't give it to anyone, nor can he catch it.
But then, he can't be like DomCumm and lead us astray, so he sets a good example.

I didn't know you were into conspiracy theories, T00ts!  ;D

;D ;D I'm not but it seems strange! Barry - you have heard that the antibodies fade rapidly so there is no guarantee of no second infection?

Barry

He may have gone into hospital as a precaution, like Boris did, or he may have gone in to have precise controlled treatment.

You could say that Boris can't have had it as he goes around with  mask on all day. He can't give it to anyone, nor can he catch it.
But then, he can't be like DomCumm and lead us astray, so he sets a good example.

I didn't know you were into conspiracy theories, T00ts!  ;D
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

So Trump reckons he is returning to the White House tonight. Is he better, kidding himself or not have it?

Sampanviking

Ho Ho Ho - Hey Trumpy po
Chinee Flu it Kung Fu you

Ho Ho Ho velly fully Ho Ho Ho....

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Dynamis on October 03, 2020, 06:13:04 PM
It is an amazing day when even this president seems less competent than Dubya.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pXBVZprLziE

Just to reiterate what a dumbass the prez is.

Anti-malaria drugs touted by Donald Trump to protect against Covid-19 could increase the risk of cardiovascular disease almost thirty-fold, warns new research.

Life threatening side effects include irregular heart beats, heart failure and damage to the organ's muscle, say scientists.

Senior author Professor Elad Maor, of Tel-Aviv University, Israel, said: "Moreover, we show how these adverse events carry high risks for severe outcomes including death, even with standard doses of the drugs."

In May, the White House confirmed the US president had been taking hydroxychloroquine every day for two weeks – with his doctor's blessing,

The medication has long been used against malaria, but has not been approved for Covid-19.

Prof Maor added: "The take home message of our work is physicians around the world should be careful when prescribing these drugs for off label indications, especially for patients with cardiac disorders."

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/drugs-touted-by-trump-to-protect-against-covid-19-could-increase-risk-of-heart-problems-almost-thirty-fold/28/09/

+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2020, 05:40:51 PM
Just been on the ITV news, it appears that Covid-19 has infected most of the West Wing of the White House. More to come later apparently.

It is an amazing day when even this president seems less competent than Dubya.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pXBVZprLziE
+++

papasmurf

Just been on the ITV news, it appears that Covid-19 has infected most of the West Wing of the White House. More to come later apparently.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on October 03, 2020, 09:27:02 AM
The British has often supported the underdog. It is a bit of a British tradition.
As long as the underdog knows their place and goes on to be incessantly grateful...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Barry on October 02, 2020, 09:01:29 PM
I get that being a non-believer you disagree with him, but it does not make him nonsensical. I was having dinner with a friend today who suggested Pence was "dangerous", however, my friend is also an agnostic so I expect he thinks as you do.

I wish Trump well and hope he goes on to win the election.
I am more confident in the Attenborough explanation of evolution than any explanation of the theory of intelligent design I've heard to date. That doesn't mean I believe people shouldn't have various beliefs. Nor do I object to people learning about different beliefs and how they came about. But I do worry when people who hold such obviously barking views are a heartbeat away from becoming the most powerful man/woman in the world.
I guess if it's God's will Trump recovers fully and that enough people vote so that he goes on to win the presidency that's it — another testing time...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

The British has often supported the underdog. It is a bit of a British tradition.