Lords reject freedom of movement bill

Started by Streetwalker, October 05, 2020, 05:51:08 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: nick on October 06, 2020, 05:33:29 PM
What has passing a U.K. bill got to do with international reputation? Think you're jumping the gun a little Gerry.
Your not keeping up Nick, do you not know what's going on ?  what the bill does and why it was introduced.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2020, 09:00:25 PM
I think Ascension Island would be better,

So transporting 48000 people to Ascension Island with limited size of aircraft until 2022, and providing housing and supplies.  I don't want my tax paying for that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2020, 05:23:04 PM
AN unelected body trying to stop an elected body from damaging the UK's international reputation.
LOL Now I have heard it all, since when did you give a feck about the reputation of the UK.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2020, 05:23:04 PM
AN unelected body trying to stop an elected body from damaging the UK's international reputation.

What has passing a U.K. bill got to do with international reputation? Think you're jumping the gun a little Gerry.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: nick on October 05, 2020, 09:37:53 PMAn unelected body rattling their sabres, I suppose they have to show some resistance.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 05, 2020, 05:51:08 PM
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/immigration-bill-end-freedom-movement-defeated-house-lords/

So the europhile Lords have  put another bump in the road . This time rejecting the governments post Brexit immigration bill which would see the end of freedom of movement .A Labour led demand for an independent review on how it would effect social care  saw Peers defeat the government .

They obviously haven't grasped what a points based immigration system entails .  (Clue , we give social care workers lots of lovely points )

An unelected body rattling their sabres, I suppose they have to show some resistance.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2020, 07:17:41 PM
The Lords just haven't read the memo and are annoyed because someone suggested they move to YorK.
I think Ascension Island would be better, they could all go out under SW's oversight, building houses for the asylum seekers we are shipping over.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Benson on October 05, 2020, 07:13:59 PM
It just means the bill must return to the Commons for MPs to endorse or reject the opinion of the Lords. And then back and forwards between the Lords and Commons.

https://www.politics.co.uk/reference/house-of-commons-guide-to-legislation-consideration-of-lords

Yes I think we know how it works Benson . Just a heads up that Labour are still trying to stall the process even though the two faced Starmer is on record as saying he wants the Brexit process completed as soon as possible .
I suppose as soon as possible for him is after he has sided with the EU ,shafted the UK  and got a pat on the back from Barmier.   

T00ts

The Lords just haven't read the memo and are annoyed because someone suggested they move to YorK.

Benson

It just means the bill must return to the Commons for MPs to endorse or reject the opinion of the Lords. And then back and forwards between the Lords and Commons.

https://www.politics.co.uk/reference/house-of-commons-guide-to-legislation-consideration-of-lords
How do you change your signature?

Streetwalker

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/immigration-bill-end-freedom-movement-defeated-house-lords/

So the europhile Lords have  put another bump in the road . This time rejecting the governments post Brexit immigration bill which would see the end of freedom of movement .A Labour led demand for an independent review on how it would effect social care  saw Peers defeat the government .

They obviously haven't grasped what a points based immigration system entails .  (Clue , we give social care workers lots of lovely points )