LOCKDOWN 2 - the November experience

Started by Barry, October 31, 2020, 08:00:06 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: patman post on January 09, 2021, 06:51:40 PM
Public Health England has registered 69,925 excess deaths over the expected 366,462 from 21 March 2020 to 25 December 2020, giving a total of 436,387 deaths for the period.

Flu vaccination uptake has been greater since September 2020, so flu complications will have carried off fewer people. And the extra care many people have been taking to avoid infection must have also protected more.

Seems reasonable to assume the excess deaths PHE has reported for England are due to Covid. UK-wide figures must be nudging 80,000 by now.

Some may have preferred not to have lockdowns and let Covid rip to keep the economy running and people employed, under the excuse of maintaining personal liberty.

But judging by the current staff shortages in care homes, the NHS, Police, Fire Service, caused by Covid, such reasoning doesn't appear to stack up...

The death rate is severe enough, but what about the thousands that have survived but only after a touch and go experience , that in many cases has left them with long term health problems.? Which will continue to need medical care for some time to come. Thousands have so far had to be revived in hospitals, most only got into hospital, because they would not have survived in their own homes.
It's really harsh , but for people that  think they should carry on as usual .Maybe the solution would be to say to those that ignore all appeals to go by the rules, and have been recorded as doing so, that if they do get it they  don't get a space in the overcrowded hospitals.
All of this has put the health services into near collapse , caused strain on all our main services , and it's not over yet.

patman post

Public Health England has registered 69,925 excess deaths over the expected 366,462 from 21 March 2020 to 25 December 2020, giving a total of 436,387 deaths for the period.

Flu vaccination uptake has been greater since September 2020, so flu complications will have carried off fewer people. And the extra care many people have been taking to avoid infection must have also protected more.

Seems reasonable to assume the excess deaths PHE has reported for England are due to Covid. UK-wide figures must be nudging 80,000 by now.

Some may have preferred not to have lockdowns and let Covid rip to keep the economy running and people employed, under the excuse of maintaining personal liberty.

But judging by the current staff shortages in care homes, the NHS, Police, Fire Service, caused by Covid, such reasoning doesn't appear to stack up...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

UK deaths with CV19 are now 1.2 people per 1000 population. 0.12%
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on January 06, 2021, 12:22:56 PMLockdown may still be needed next winter, says Whitty.
Whit less, more like:
https://lockdownsceptics.org/2021/01/06/latest-news-246/

Well, he wont care, he will have taken his dividends from the vax program and fucked off somewhere warm
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 06, 2021, 12:22:56 PM
Lockdown may still be needed next winter, says Whitty.
Whit less, more like:

That would not surprise me at all.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on January 04, 2021, 11:28:33 PM
So what exactly would your homework have been, then? A bit of Breitbart "truth" followed by a couple of YouTube videos of some grossly overweight rabid redneck Trumpist in baggy canvas shorts?
Yawn Duckie, I guess that makes me a right-wing nut job then, whereas you must be Mr Sane and righteous.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Lockdown may still be needed next winter, says Whitty.
Whit less, more like:
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

Quote from: Sheepy on January 04, 2021, 11:04:54 AMAccording to the Neo Liberals I should spend my life or at least what is left of it, apologising for anything and everything including not wearing a mask, because they want people believing it has somehow changed a thing. Has it feck. Instead of listening to those numbskulls I did some homework and found out it won't make a blind bit of difference.
I don't believe the script writers for Alan Partridge could see into the future either.

So what exactly would your homework have been, then? A bit of Breitbart "truth" followed by a couple of YouTube videos of some grossly overweight rabid redneck Trumpist in baggy canvas shorts?
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

Funny how this November lockdown has gone on so long, seems like it might not end for more than 3 months!
Then some more, perhaps.
:(
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

According to the Neo Liberals I should spend my life or at least what is left of it, apologising for anything and everything including not wearing a mask, because they want people believing it has somehow changed a thing. Has it feck. Instead of listening to those numbskulls I did some homework and found out it won't make a blind bit of difference.
I don't believe the script writers for Alan Partridge could see into the future either.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

More calls for national lockdowns today, all from people who will lose nothing because of those lockdowns. No politician, no civil servants, police, fire or ambulance have been furloughed.
It's OK for them.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Int it funny labours position.

This week , opportunistic wet wipe captain hindsight in london wants a national english lockdown but wont back teaching unions in england over closing all schools.

Last week , labour branch manager in jockland , ricky leopard , wants pubs reopened and called pub closures puritanical in scotland. Yet in labour run wales , they have closed pubs and schools and apparently are doing remote learning?

So apart from headline grabbing opportunistic remarks , what actually is labours stance on dealing with covid , and what would they be doing different to the snp and tories?

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on January 03, 2021, 05:43:58 PM
How many lockdowns now?
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/covid-19-national-lockdown-must-153200293.html

As ever the opportunistic but completley inept starmer tries to take advantage of the situation and fails as usual.

All year we have been looking at labour run wales , to see how labour would deal with covid 19 any better than the scottish and english governments , and how many times have we saw that they havent done any better than anywhere else in the yookay or elsewhere?

Labour's Corona crash: Damning exposé of Welsh Government's fatally cack-handed response shows how Britain would have fared if the Opposition had been handling this crisis

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8324933/The-Left-pompous-attacking-Tories-handling-crisis.html

Captain hindsight looks like a complete wet wipe. 10 years in opposition and this is the best labour can do , some limp wristed leader criticising from the sidelines.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 03, 2021, 09:18:37 PM
here of course moira, jennifer and i are immune and under house arrest

The Ball and Chain has put me under house arrest because of the low temperature and high wind speed outside.
I did put 4mm of set on the hand saw so she could saw fire wood easier.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe