Little sleep tonight?

Started by T00ts, November 03, 2020, 09:54:37 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Looks like you'll have to stop up another night, T00ts.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

238 - 213

Biden inches ahead. Not that I really care either way but there is something gratifying to see that Trump might just be having collywobbles.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on November 04, 2020, 09:04:12 AM
I had a great night! As expected it was chaos with pundits trying to keep their comments relevant and stop themselves yawning. Polls were closing each hour so it was a rolling count for hour after hour with none of the real drama that we have here. A sort of slow burn to make s'mores on.  BLM was on the prowl in Washington looking for trouble with a bright blonde Sky reporter lady marching along with them reporting and pointing, although looking a tad nervous, in a way I don't think I would have done. Trump of course, never prepared to lose the best house in USA, thinks everyone is out to cheat him of his rightful position in USA and the world. Biden, I imagine, is holding it together with some sort of medical aid, telling all and sundry to keep counting, as loud as Trump demands counting stops.

It would make a really good cartoon movie. The only thing missing was the sound effects - POW BANG WHOOSH - except the Washington BLM crowd were dong their best to fill the gaps with fireworks.

I am sure it will take several days before anyone concedes or the Supreme Court decides a winner. Perhaps they will allocate Carnegie Hall for a fight bout with the winner being the one who can shout the loudest. Trump would win! No doubt the fisticuffs will abound in every red neck state, and pool hall around the country.

I feel so sorry for the Americans, not so much because they have 2 candidates who should never have stood for election, but that they don't even realise just how stupid they look in the world. USA a world power? They may be on the cusp of losing that title.

Just to add to the non drama, I wonder how many 'celebrities' are now fearful for their cancellation having so openly supported Biden. Oh yes - I forgot - the USA fat lady is still warming up. What a Liberty!

I bailed out at around 04:30, strangely enough Florida was at 96% declared: Same as it is now !!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

I had a great night! As expected it was chaos with pundits trying to keep their comments relevant and stop themselves yawning. Polls were closing each hour so it was a rolling count for hour after hour with none of the real drama that we have here. A sort of slow burn to make s'mores on.  BLM was on the prowl in Washington looking for trouble with a bright blonde Sky reporter lady marching along with them reporting and pointing, although looking a tad nervous, in a way I don't think I would have done. Trump of course, never prepared to lose the best house in USA, thinks everyone is out to cheat him of his rightful position in USA and the world. Biden, I imagine, is holding it together with some sort of medical aid, telling all and sundry to keep counting, as loud as Trump demands counting stops.

It would make a really good cartoon movie. The only thing missing was the sound effects - POW BANG WHOOSH - except the Washington BLM crowd were dong their best to fill the gaps with fireworks.

I am sure it will take several days before anyone concedes or the Supreme Court decides a winner. Perhaps they will allocate Carnegie Hall for a fight bout with the winner being the one who can shout the loudest. Trump would win! No doubt the fisticuffs will abound in every red neck state, and pool hall around the country.

I feel so sorry for the Americans, not so much because they have 2 candidates who should never have stood for election, but that they don't even realise just how stupid they look in the world. USA a world power? They may be on the cusp of losing that title.

Just to add to the non drama, I wonder how many 'celebrities' are now fearful for their cancellation having so openly supported Biden. Oh yes - I forgot - the USA fat lady is still warming up. What a Liberty!

Thomas

Quote from: Nalaar on November 04, 2020, 07:59:37 AM
I see Trump had already declared victory, calling out the results several important states that no News Organisation has declared decided.

He has also said they will be petitioning to the Supreme Court to stop more ballots being counted. It's remarkable how quickly (only 2AM Washington time) he has gone to this option.

The good news is that the legal process for most states to declare their final result is a week, so I don't think Trumps attempts to stop votes being counted will succeed.

interesting nalaar , i was reading an irish americans comments on the us presidential election so far , and it makes interesting reading and has many parrallels with what is happening over in the yookay.

He was saying over the last twenty to thirty years or so , the democrats ( like the uk labour party) have abandoned the working class americans , and become more the party of the educated elite and middle class.

Like the labour party  , its cost the demcorats a hell of a lot of working class votes.

If biden does lose ( i know its tight at the minute , but its a lot closer than the chattering classes and media would have us believe) it will be because their wholesale abandonment of yank workers , adopting divisive identity politics and becoming the party of corporations and wealthy elites.

The parralels with the uk labour party are unbelievable. The irish guy goes on to say even if biden and the democrats do win , they will see this as a green light for the conitnuation of their neo liberal politics and they will get decimated next time.

I think it extremely sad how the western world is headed , with the uk and america leading the rot.

No political party like the uk labour party nor if i was a yank , the democrats would ever ever get my vote. They disgust me to the core.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nalaar

I see Trump had already declared victory, calling out the results several important states that no News Organisation has declared decided.

He has also said they will be petitioning to the Supreme Court to stop more ballots being counted. It's remarkable how quickly (only 2AM Washington time) he has gone to this option.

The good news is that the legal process for most states to declare their final result is a week, so I don't think Trumps attempts to stop votes being counted will succeed.
Don't believe everything you think.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on November 03, 2020, 07:31:48 PM
We are an hour lost last week remember. Does that make a difference? Will they follow the time zones for each State as the world rolls around, and of course pundits need their 15 minutes of fame as they all try to predict the result.

In fact I know that all too well Toots. I just spent the last two years slaving over developing a way to sort out having a computer in Sparta, Wisconsin that switches between CST and CDT to take account of the switch between GMT and BST.

I am still scarred from the experience but basically for most of the year Wisconsin is 6 hours behind the UK, then for about a week around March THEY jump forward BEFORE us so the time difference is FIVE hours, then WE jump forward making it Six again, then as we just did WE jump back making it five about a fortnight before THEY jump back restoring it to six.

SQL servers are rigged in their country of origin to handle the local time zone changes but have NO bleeding idea what the other 23 are doing. International Database transaction processing is a bloody nightmare.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

When I went to bed last night, one state had declared.

I don't know if trump is a fan of 70's pop but to pinch what I think is one of R Dean Taylor's two or three hit wonders Indiana certainly wanted him ...

This morning I finish my tea and crumpets topped with cheese and marmite, pick up the tablet and see it's Biden 220 Trump 213. And unlike Toots, I slept the sleep of the war monger. Like a baby knowing my next pay packet has a 30% pay rise plus Rishi's work from home bonus for the entire tax year.

I will leave a news ticker on to see if I wasted a tenner or have a few free pints coming my way when the pubs open (when I put a tenner on Trump some months back money on trump with Paddy Power it was 3/2)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Barry on November 03, 2020, 09:45:44 PM
That was a new word for me, had to google it. :)

It's a word I picked up a few years ago, wasn't aware it was actually a real word 😂
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on November 03, 2020, 07:31:48 PM
We are an hour lost last week remember. Does that make a difference? Will they follow the time zones for each State as the world rolls around, and of course pundits need their 15 minutes of fame as they all try to predict the result.
TBH T00ts the yanks are losers whoever gets the keys to the white house,truly is an asylum with private militias ready to start  battling if they don't get the result they want.

Why people think looney land is what we should aspire to is beyond me.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 03, 2020, 07:03:03 PM
Ok now I'm damn confused.

For most of the year America's central timezone is six hours behind us. I don't know what time the polls close but surely 10pm yank time is 4am our time roughly speaking. What have I missed ??

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 03, 2020, 07:03:03 PM

What have I missed ??

The 48 hours of wall to wall media waffle before the result.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 03, 2020, 02:59:25 PM
Business's  in America are boarding their shop windows in preparation for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBrGg3qzH60

Ok now I'm damn confused.

For most of the year America's central timezone is six hours behind us. I don't know what time the polls close but surely 10pm yank time is 4am our time roughly speaking. What have I missed ??

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 03, 2020, 06:20:10 PM
If its as close as predicted the result could be days ,even weeks away with counts ,recounts and possible court cases  before the result is official .

Its not worth a sleepless night

You could be right but hopefully that message will come across as the night progresses and if shut eye is the better option well zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! I quite enjoy the odd all nighter it means I sleep better the next night.