Off topic thread (to the tower)

Started by cromwell, November 09, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=22998 time=1588234056 user_id=89
Sounds like some of the people on this forum.

You being the biggest crank on the forum, then you'd know I guess.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=22997 time=1588233630 user_id=54
I think the following quote just about sums up the philosophy  of this man

The most dangerous man in the world

He's a philosopher who eats no meat or dairy and thinks we're no better than animals. In fact, he thinks a chimp has more right to exist than a person, and that killing babies can be justified. He is hated and feared for daring to challenge the sanctity of human life, Kevin Toolis on the controversial philosophy of Peter Singer.

Sounds like some of the people on this forum.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=21502 time=1587067705 user_id=70
So's Capt Tom Moore, 99. He's raised £15m for the NHS from his garden...

So what? (seriously.) That was/is totally unique. Care to try and do the same yourself before having a pop at me. (Yet again.)

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=21494 time=1587061244 user_id=89
I am "under lockdown" in my for at least 12 weeks, due to age and pre-existing conditions, (basically it will be until  an innoculation is available) and also I live  long way from Bodmin.

So's Capt Tom Moore, 99. He's raised £15m for the NHS from his garden...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=21493 time=1587059871 user_id=70
Do something useful then — join the Bodmin Bikers and harry them between essential deliveries...

I am "under lockdown" in my for at least 12 weeks, due to age and pre-existing conditions, (basically it will be until  an innoculation is available) and also I live  long way from Bodmin.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=21492 time=1587059349 user_id=89
The problem is a significant minortity are still trying to creep to second homes or get around the movement ban.

Do something useful then — join the Bodmin Bikers and harry them between essential deliveries...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=21491 time=1587058523 user_id=70
Dealing with the virus successfully depends on many dedicated people — and the population as a whole...

The problem is a significant minortity are still trying to creep to second homes or get around the movement ban.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=21490 time=1587057937 user_id=89
Dealing with the virus successfully depends on some very dedicated people developing a vaccine. The government is lumbering slowly from cock-up to cock-up. (Still shortages of PPE.)

Dealing with the virus successfully depends on many dedicated people — and the population as a whole...

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=21489 time=1587057623 user_id=70
I wouldn't necessarily disagree — but it's the approval of the same stupid herd on which successfully dealing with this virus depends...

Dealing with the virus successfully depends on some very dedicated people developing a vaccine. The government is lumbering slowly from cock-up to cock-up. (Still shortages of PPE.)

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=21488 time=1587057376 user_id=89
I would term that herd stupidity.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree — but it's the approval of the same stupid herd on which successfully dealing with this virus depends...

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=21486 time=1587056912 user_id=70

Meanwhile Boris's approval rating soars...

I would term that herd stupidity.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=21484 time=1587055935 user_id=89
Really, do you watch the daily briefing?

I do. And watch, listen, read and talk to other people. While I find the daily No10 conference useful in affirming relevant messages and passing on latest info, it's less so in the the virtual press conference part with half a dozen popular journalists trying to score points while covering the same ground day after day.

Meanwhile Boris's approval rating soars...

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=21482 time=1587054186 user_id=70
 I sense a general feeling of confidence in the government.

Really, do you watch the daily briefing?

Bright Young Thing

Mod Notice

Some posts deleted as no more than an argument between members.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=21312 time=1586865319 user_id=89
You complained I had not posted any Scottish specific data.

Where? Link please?

For the hard of remembering like yourself  , you jumped into a reply i made specifically to john of gwent ( not you)..

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21295 time=1586860723 user_id=58
look after yerself john. FFS what a right bunch we all are , the walking dead.

With the insinuation after reading johns post i hoped he was allright on a personal level , totally non political , and your reply to me ...

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=21296 time=1586861057 user_id=89
Given the news on the BBC at the moment about the latest ONS death figures which include non hospital deaths and Covid-19 you could be right:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52275823">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52275823

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52278825">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52278825

https://www.ons.gov.uk/releases/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisionalweekending3april2020">https://www.ons.gov.uk/releases/deathsr ... 3april2020">https://www.ons.gov.uk/releases/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisionalweekending3april2020

To which i  said...

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21297 time=1586861544 user_id=58
Pappy those are all england / england and wales only articles.

Meaning not only was i not talking to you , but your reply is irrelevant to me as they are england (and wales) only articles in the main.

Where was i complaining you werent posting any scottish specific data? You arent posting any uk wide specific data either?

You simply troll threads most days on this forum , as you did on the old forum , taking absolute shite and complaining when people either dont talk to you or dont agree with you , in between posting links that for the most part are either irrelevant or no one gives a feck about but you.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!