Even the Chinese are in on it

Started by Sheepy, November 30, 2020, 08:52:52 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sampanviking

Great video from Daniel Dumbrill on the artwork (yes it is a piece of art - not a "fake image") and the response to it. Video also includes an interview with the artist and his artwork response to the criticism he has received.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4KilV3LvzI

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on December 02, 2020, 12:21:28 AM
err no Cromwell, in fact I don't really follow even half of what you have written
Really?It's quite straight forward .........perhaps as far as any adverse view of China you are myopic.

Quote, but In 1950 The Dalai Lama agreed to to a program of reforms, which basically meant the end of serfdom and the redistribution of land from the Aristocracy to the serfs. In other neighboring provinces, areas inhabited by ethnic Tibet groups received there land redistribution from those Provincial Governments. The Dalai Lama and his regime associates, failed to implement, preferring to drag their heels at every opportunity. When the Chinese Central Government finally lost patience and sent forces in to enforce the policies, the Dalai Lama attempted a revolt. The vast majority did not rise and the Dalai Lama and his regime fled into India, where he spent the next fifty years faithfully working with the CIA (he got his retirement gold watch about ten years ago).

The Beijing version

QuoteTo try and dismiss this real and on the record account of events with the Media BS which sold brutal Feudal Tibet as some form of Teletubby land is totally risible.
Meanwhile you peddle the poor downtrodden China line,in fact much like a tellytubby land where all is good and dissent is kindly treated.

QuoteAs for the "China is coming to get you" routine, its more BS from the usual suspects. I do not see the Chinese wanting to come for anyone or anywhere. They want a strong country living in a secure and friendly neighbourhood.

More myopia, I posted that I was telling the barmy yanks a several years ago their crown was slipping and China was coming,nowhere did I say to get them other than in all probability displace them.......not yet but it's still happening so you misrepresented what I said.

QuoteIf you want to listen to rantings of the likes of Mike "I lie, I cheat and I steal" Pompeo, well good luck to you.

No good luck to you,not read or listened to a word he's said......see above  I was looking what was on the cards years ago by watching reading and observing as widely as possible.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on December 01, 2020, 07:33:38 PM
Emancipation? Another one of your jokes,I don't do religion......but I don't tell other people they can't,unlike the PRC.

You talk of the western propaganda,still you swallow it all from Beijing and on the old old forum I told the barmy yanks their days being numero uno were numbered,no they said  'merica will always be great.....well no the Chinese are coming but they couldn't see it.

That doesn't mean we have to lie down and take it and shouldn't or swallow the Beijing BS........I know you do but don't expect us all to.

err no Cromwell, in fact I don't really follow even half of what you have written, but In 1950 The Dalai Lama agreed to to a program of reforms, which basically meant the end of serfdom and the redistribution of land from the Aristocracy to the serfs. In other neighboring provinces, areas inhabited by ethnic Tibet groups received there land redistribution from those Provincial Governments. The Dalai Lama and his regime associates, failed to implement, preferring to drag their heels at every opportunity. When the Chinese Central Government finally lost patience and sent forces in to enforce the policies, the Dalai Lama attempted a revolt. The vast majority did not rise and the Dalai Lama and his regime fled into India, where he spent the next fifty years faithfully working with the CIA (he got his retirement gold watch about ten years ago).
To try and dismiss this real and on the record account of events with the Media BS which sold brutal Feudal Tibet as some form of Teletubby land is totally risible.

As for the "China is coming to get you" routine, its more BS from the usual suspects. I do not see the Chinese wanting to come for anyone or anywhere. They want a strong country living in a secure and friendly neighbourhood. If you want to listen to rantings of the likes of Mike "I lie, I cheat and I steal" Pompeo, well good luck to you.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on December 01, 2020, 07:33:38 PM
Emancipation? Another one of your jokes,I don't do religion......but I don't tell other people they can't,unlike the PRC.

You talk of the western propaganda,still you swallow it all from Beijing and on the old old forum I told the barmy yanks their days being numero uno were numbered,no they said  'merica will always be great.....well no the Chinese are coming but they couldn't see it.

That doesn't mean we have to lie down and take it and shouldn't or swallow the Beijing BS........I know you do but don't expect us all to.
Not that I am particularly bothered by it, but the bloke who hopefully is still licking wood told me the Queen was a senile old bag. Like William and Harry said, they can be a bit embarrassing at times, ain't that always been the way.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on December 01, 2020, 05:20:26 PM
Yes they did, they reformed the Divine Right of the Despotic Good King and Emancipated his Feudal Slaves. He was given plenty of time to do it voluntarily but finally refused to implement the reforms.
Are you saying that you strongly support his Divine Right of Absolute Rule and oppose the Emancipation?

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on December 01, 2020, 05:20:26 PM
Yes they did, they reformed the Divine Right of the Despotic Good King and Emancipated his Feudal Slaves. He was given plenty of time to do it voluntarily but finally refused to implement the reforms.
Are you saying that you strongly support his Divine Right of Absolute Rule and oppose the Emancipation?
It must be a great worry for the Chinese, but they needn't worry, we know all about their fingers and pies, not the Chinese of course but the firm. We have had them for a while now.

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on December 01, 2020, 11:18:36 AM
BS eh,not quite how the people of Tibet saw it,still the Chinese did nothing in 1959 did they?

Sheepy

This is like watching an episode of the many faces of Dr Fu Manchu.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on December 01, 2020, 11:08:31 AM
Comedy award goes to you. Tibet has been a region of China for centuries. The Dalai Lama was a minister in Chiang Kai Sheks Government and he traveled on a RoC passport.
The Invasion thing was just Cold War BS, spin put on the closing act of the Civil War.
BS eh,not quite how the people of Tibet saw it,still the Chinese did nothing in 1959 did they?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on December 01, 2020, 09:59:47 AM
Quite the comedian,you carry on the apologist for China,Russia and benevolent dictators like Assad.

Comedy award goes to you. Tibet has been a region of China for centuries. The Dalai Lama was a minister in Chiang Kai Sheks Government and he traveled on a RoC passport.
The Invasion thing was just Cold War BS, spin put on the closing act of the Civil War.

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on December 01, 2020, 10:17:47 AM
They're not benevolent dictators, not like Kim Jong-un who's protected his country from covid-19.  Why . . . it was not until the other day that North Korea had its first covid related death, a border guard executed for not following precautions correctly.
Maybe Kim could teach the Liberal Democrats a few things.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on December 01, 2020, 10:17:47 AM
They're not benevolent dictators, not like Kim Jong-un who's protected his country from covid-19.

I have to assume you are joking.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HDQQ

Quote from: cromwell on December 01, 2020, 09:59:47 AM
Quite the comedian,you carry on the apologist for China,Russia and benevolent dictators like Assad.

They're not benevolent dictators, not like Kim Jong-un who's protected his country from covid-19.  Why . . . it was not until the other day that North Korea had its first covid related death, a border guard executed for not following precautions correctly.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on December 01, 2020, 09:39:31 AM
Tibert was invaded in 1950? Who invaded? Did the Chinese Government know? Did they mobilise the army to repel the invader?