Macron v UK + EU

Started by T00ts, December 04, 2020, 02:24:56 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 10, 2020, 04:52:44 PM
Jesus Nick are those contingency plans all wrapped up together as a single deal or taken one by one. Because if it's all together and the UK doesn't allow EU fishing boats into UK waters for 1yr or until a deal is struck then the UK won't be allowed to fly in/out , drive in/out  or any UK passenger transport in/out of the EU. And this is a famous clime down ?
Yep the UK really giving it big time to the EU there

Who mentioned a deal? I said climb down and that's what they're doing.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 10, 2020, 04:46:29 PMDaniel Hannan said it "nobody is talking about us leaving the single market.

Well he was wrong same as you cause everyone was talking about it.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 10, 2020, 12:33:30 PM
You obviously care enough to talk nonsense about the EU, but you don't care enough to find the truth of it. Sounds like Brexit.
Well technically you left last January, but in January the difficulties of Brexit kick in.
We've done the difficult part.
Thrown the bastards out of office.
Drained the swamp.

Cummingsed them.

Sheepy

All for the greater good, all for the greater good. But the majority don't want to be enslaved under its all for the greater good.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 10, 2020, 12:46:51 PM
You say no one cares, well a majority in NI and Scotland care.

They do.

You talk to me as though im a brexiter , like many of your ilk , simply because i refuse to jump aboard the anti democratic spittle flecked english remain wagon , i am being somehow portrayed as a brexiter.

I know better than you that a majority in scotland care. I also know better than you a majority in scotland think the english should have their brexit , as that is what they voted for time and again.

I say no one cares gerry , because you arent adding anything new to the debate on here.

I argued for remain , as i pointed out time and again ad nauseum to your fellow english remainers , pre 2016 , and we lost.

I then argued post 2016 scotland and northern ireland should either be allowed to remain , or have votes to leave the brexiting uk , and again a combination of the uk government refusing , and the SNP hierarchy being toothless has us standing on the edge of the precipice through no fault of our own.

So dont start frothing at the mouth to me.

You are just pointelssley ranting on on this forum and im pointing out to you the majority who are brexiters couldnt give a feck what you say. You may think you are putting forth hard hitting economic arguments , but as we have seen for over 4 years  , wether they are true or pie in the sky , they are falling on deaf ears as the english are determined to leave.

You are fooling no one on here gerry , and convincing even less .

QuoteIt was 17m that voted for brexit, not as you sugges "no one cares", alot of people in the UK care.

Nothing but empty rhetoric. Those who you claim care couldnt muster a majority to stop brexit at any time over the last four years , despite having three major attempts at the ballot box  to do so.

Losers dont win trophies , or dictate to the course of events.
The people were told the EU needed the UK, they were told there would be a deal, that they would have 350m a week to be spent on the NHS, they were told no one was talking about leaving the single market. Most importantly they were told the German car manufacturers would tell the EU leader Merkel to give the UK what it wanted and that the EU would buckle at the last min like it usually does.

yawn yawn yawn there you go again re raking over all the old coals that have been put to bed time and again.

Remain lied through their teeth as well , and sadly for you english remainers , leave lied better. Unlucky as they say.

Quoterecent polls that were posted not so long ago says hey have.

again though , we have been hearing since pre 2016 that the polls showed a remain majority as has been said ad nauseum  yet again , and they never appear when it matters at the ballot box.

There is a difference between putting forth hard hitting compelling arguments gerry , and wishfull thinking and delusion.

less than 3 weeks to go now , and still you are screaming the same stuff that lost you a referendum and three elections .

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 10, 2020, 04:38:18 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55259144

Jesus Nick are those contingency plans all wrapped up together as a single deal or taken one by one. Because if it's all together and the UK doesn't allow EU fishing boats into UK waters for 1yr or until a deal is struck then the UK won't be allowed to fly in/out , drive in/out  or any UK passenger transport in/out of the EU. And this is a famous clime down ?
Yep the UK really giving it big time to the EU there

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 10, 2020, 04:29:58 PMWrong and you know that is not what was said.
It was said 350m a week was coming back and could be spent in the UK, NHS was mentioned, he never siad it wouldn't be all of it. 200b in 4 yrs, so it's costing the UK so far 961m a week.
Quote from: Nick on December 10, 2020, 04:29:58 PMAbsolute rubbish. Cameron said no less than 35 times in his speech we would leave the customs union and single market. You're just making stuff up now.
Daniel Hannan said it "nobody is talking about us leaving the single market.
Here you have Frost/Johnson all singing the praises of the Single Market.
https://twitter.com/femi_sorry/status/1081226310108745729

Quote from: Nick on December 10, 2020, 04:29:58 PMHave you not seen the slow climb down from the EU today, there's more to come. 😂
Nope. Whats the EU giving away freely to the UK ?

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 10, 2020, 04:35:34 PM
You must see different news to me.
Because you already told us, you watch the Cornish version of pink news.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 10, 2020, 04:29:58 PM

Have you not seen the slow climb down from the EU today, there's more to come. 😂

You must see different news to me.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 10, 2020, 12:46:51 PMthat they would have 350m a week to be spent on the NHS
Wrong and you know that is not what was said.

they were told no one was talking about leaving the single market.
Absolute rubbish. Cameron said no less than 35 times in his speech we would leave the customs union and single market. You're just making stuff up now.

Most importantly they were told the German car manufacturers would tell the EU leader Merkel to give the UK what it wanted and that the EU would buckle at the last min like it usually does

Have you not seen the slow climb down from the EU today, there's more to come. 😂

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 10, 2020, 07:52:28 AMNo one cares gerry.
The uk voted to leave the eu , and midnight three weeks today , it will do so , probably without a deal.
Talk about flogging a dead horse.
You say no one cares, well a majority in NI and Scotland care. It was 17m that voted for brexit, not as you sugges "no one cares", alot of people in the UK care. The people were told the EU needed the UK, they were told there would be a deal, that they would have 350m a week to be spent on the NHS, they were told no one was talking about leaving the single market. Most importantly they were told the German car manufacturers would tell the EU leader Merkel to give the UK what it wanted and that the EU would buckle at the last min like it usually does. Are you suggesting that out of those 17m, now that the reality of brexit has emerged in the past month that a lot of these people would change their mind ? recent polls that were posted not so long ago says hey have. So less of the no one nonsense.

It reminds me of the sales man at his mid yr meeting and no sales telling the boss that not to worry, all customers place orders in the last days of December. Knowing full well that when December comes the games up and he's fuc!ed.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 09, 2020, 11:50:59 PMThe vote was to leave and 17m out of 66 voted for that.

It was actually 45 million who were registered to vote but 21 million out is quite close for you.

As for your 70% majority, it doesn't warrant debating.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 10, 2020, 07:52:28 AMNo one cares gerry.

The uk voted to leave the eu , and midnight three weeks today , it will do so , probably without a deal.

Talk about flogging a dead horse.
You obviously care enough to talk nonsense about the EU, but you don't care enough to find the truth of it. Sounds like Brexit.
Well technically you left last January, but in January the difficulties of Brexit kick in.