New variant' of coronavirus identified

Started by papasmurf, December 14, 2020, 05:19:12 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 16, 2020, 07:57:54 AM
Perhaps you don't, some of us try to see the best in people though and recognise that there will be a point if we haven't arrived there already, when society pressure will prevail.

toots hes an exaggerater.

A few idiots misbehaving and ignoring rules now and again becomes "millions" in smurfs world.

He lives in a small village in cornwall , an area smaller than lothian with a popualtion smaller than glasgow , in remote south west england and becuase of the headlines in the very newspapers he says he hates and which according to pappy spread out misinformation , he can tell us from under his bed what millions across the uk are doing.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 16, 2020, 07:55:00 AM
Thus far since March millions have been acting as if there is no Pandemic,  I can see no reason at all for those Covidiots to change their behaviour.

Perhaps you don't, some of us try to see the best in people though and recognise that there will be a point if we haven't arrived there already, when society pressure will prevail.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 16, 2020, 07:51:06 AM
I think there is starting to be a recognition that Christmas is worth putting on hold this year.

Thus far since March millions have been acting as if there is no Pandemic,  I can see no reason at all for those Covidiots to change their behaviour.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 16, 2020, 07:43:02 AM
Really?  It is still around 4000 a week. Just wait until January after hordes of potential plague carriers have been to Christmas family gatherings.

I think there is starting to be a recognition that Christmas is worth putting on hold this year. A lot of people that I am in contact with are abandoning family plans as it becomes clear that numbers are rising. I think the government are realising that rules get broken and the heavy hand is pointless. There must be a point where people realise that in the final analysis it is down to all of us.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 16, 2020, 07:43:02 AM
Really?  It is still around 4000 a week. Just wait until January after hordes of potential plague carriers have been to Christmas family gatherings.

dont you worry yourself pappy , theres no point in being in terror over the christmas period as well.

Give yourself a break  , get out from under your bed and relax with your dear wife and enjoy life for a change.

You can always go back to normal in january.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 15, 2020, 09:43:37 PM
The 7 day fatality rate for Covide has been falling for the last three weeks.

Borchester

The 7 day fatality rate for Covide has been falling for the last three weeks. I hate to spoil Pappy's Christmas by suggesting that the second way have peaked, but I have a horrible feeling that we might survive this bug.

:) :) :) :) :) :)
Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

They need to establish:

1) Whether the new variant of covid-19 is more infectious than the current strains - it seems that it might be.

2) Whether it causes worse symptoms (or indeed milder symptoms) - nobody seems to know that yet.

3) Whether it is resistant to the vaccines now being rolled out.

4) Whether or not people who have already had covid-19 have immunity to the new variant.

QuoteI don't know if I don't know if you ask unintelligible questions, based on your own ignorance.
I think you need to explain that to Sheepy in letters of less than one syllable.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 15, 2020, 10:20:05 AM
Why don't you do what the normal folks do then and say I don't know actually. Or in short dunno.

I don't know if I don't know if you ask unintelligible questions, based on your own ignorance.

Sheepy

Why don't you do what the normal folks do then and say I don't know actually. Or in short dunno.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 15, 2020, 10:10:05 AM
Sounds like you backed yourself into a corner over a lack of insight or knowledge and just accepted it all as fact, and now want to argue the toss as usual.

You pose a question that is unintelligible bollocks and expect an answer, you won't get one.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 10:07:14 AM
A clue about what?  The clueless person appears to be you.
Sounds like you backed yourself into a corner over a lack of insight or knowledge and just accepted it all as fact, and now want to argue the toss as usual.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 15, 2020, 10:04:02 AM
You don't have a clue then. Who knew.

A clue about what?  The clueless person appears to be you.

Sheepy

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 15, 2020, 09:57:30 AM
Slip of the keyboard Smurf, it has a mind of its own, a rare thing, now about this new miracle stuff, how does it work and how is it made that makes it a vaccine but not a vaccine?

That is unintelligible gobbledygook.