Brexit trade deal: What do WTO rules or an Australia-style relationship mean?

Started by GBNews, December 14, 2020, 07:05:01 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 16, 2020, 09:41:31 AM
Great, but answer the question.

The problem is Bojo-The-Clown is faffing about so much, transport companies are being left completely in the dark with only 16 days to go.
There will inevitably be chaos at the Channel ports.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 16, 2020, 07:37:57 AM
British trucks business (unless something happens before Ist of January) are being limited by the EU to just 40000 international driving permits.
That is still a lot of trucks but a fraction of what is needed.

Great, but answer the question.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 15, 2020, 08:15:13 PM
Ok, so answer me this. If truckers are being limited to 1/13th of the permits required how are there going to be queues at every port?

You can't have it both ways.

British trucks business (unless something happens before Ist of January) are being limited by the EU to just 40000 international driving permits.
That is still a lot of trucks but a fraction of what is needed.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 15, 2020, 08:46:15 PM
I know I'm wasting my time but you view all other arguments as those needing a straightjacket,you being the sole arbiter of what's credible means only that which agrees with your standpoint equals a closed mind.

I merely apply the systematic scepticism test to any article article or non peer reviewed research.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on December 15, 2020, 09:45:32 PM
Good point, but I am sure that Pappy will have an answer soon  :) :)

Think he goes off blowing smoke rings with Gandalf in the evenings  :P

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on December 15, 2020, 08:15:13 PM
Ok, so answer me this. If truckers are being limited to 1/13th of the permits required how are there going to be queues at every port?

Good point, but I am sure that Pappy will have an answer soon  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 01:58:35 PM
I don't dismiss credible verifiable non newspaper references , but when people post links to someone's website who needs taking away in a straight jacket, I won't accept those either.
When it comes to Brexit I do take notice of people at the sharp end like the CEO of Armoric transport who has just appeared on BBC Spotlight  local news where I live.

I know I'm wasting my time but you view all other arguments as those needing a straightjacket,you being the sole arbiter of what's credible means only that which agrees with your standpoint equals a closed mind.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 04:07:36 PM
One person's reality. He was offered just one drivers permit to travel into Europe from January the 1st 2021 when he needs 13.
That is fact not opinion.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 01:58:35 PM
I don't dismiss credible verifiable non newspaper references , but when people post links to someone's website who needs taking away in a straight jacket, I won't accept those either.
When it comes to Brexit I do take notice of people at the sharp end like the CEO of Armoric transport who has just appeared on BBC Spotlight  local news where I live.

''I did this job before we joined the Common Market and  the difference between then and now is that its all electronic . So if we can get the proper declarations to the drivers it should be a smooth operation

'' Mark Payne MD Armoric transport 17th November 2020 

The vast majority of lorries in the Ashford lorry park carry foreign plates . The language barrier appears to be a problem when checking that drivers have the right clearance and paperwork . From this article the ques are being caused by the foreign drivers who are not up to speed on whats required .

https://www.ft.com/content/07b58f6f-1e56-4107-9e22-8f78967794f9

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 15, 2020, 04:04:16 PM
One persons views, but as long as they align with yours eh!

One person's reality. He was offered just one drivers permit to travel into Europe from January the 1st 2021 when he needs 13.
That is fact not opinion.

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 15, 2020, 01:52:08 PM
No not ignorant at all,but mindful of your penchant for dismissing others links and references out of hand as lies and media spin with a gentle but humorous reminder of that has gone over your head and unsurprisingly  you never see  if that's how you wish to play the game it does go both ways.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 10:09:16 AM
So your are ignorant of the difference between current and currant.
(Which frankly does not surprise me.)

No not ignorant at all,but mindful of your penchant for dismissing others links and references out of hand as lies and media spin with a gentle but humorous reminder of that has gone over your head and unsurprisingly  you never see  if that's how you wish to play the game it does go both ways.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 15, 2020, 11:20:35 AM
That's more like it, I see you are joining in now with something to make us all laugh. Good egg.

I doubt my wife and I's humour would make the people on this forum laugh, I would get complained about and probably barred.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 15, 2020, 10:32:13 AM
Where you live chasing away the tourists who want to spend money in the village is important. Fighting to keep the locals on the dole queues is important. Blaming everyone else for your problems is important.

My New Year's resolution is to be a kinder, more tolerant man. But it ain't the New Year yet and your whinging sense of self entitlement is enough to make my piles bleed.

Tourists are of no advantage where I live.  Tourism has been in decline since cheap flights abroad and cheap holiday abroad.
The business's that have shut here shut last year before Covid-19
My fighting to keep people "on the dole" is a bloody lie and you repeating that lie yet again is bloody offensive and a nasty personal attack.
Frankly I don't have any problems apart from stupid nasty  bastards on internet forums.
I will continue to fight for people who cannot defend them selves against the disgraceful, nasty, incompetent, callous Tory government.

I will continue to campaign to get disabled people into work, where that is possible, and to fight for them against being wrongly found fit for work when they are not.
I will apologise to no-one for that.