Allegedly a deal is imminent.

Started by papasmurf, December 23, 2020, 03:17:58 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

chinks of the deal starting to shine through.

QuoteGlenn Campbell
@GlennBBC
·
2m
On fish @vonderleyen
claims EU has secured 5.5 years of stable access to fishing waters, which @MichelBarnier
  describes as "reciprocal"

That does not sound like the fully independent coastal state status with annual quota negotiations that the UK side was targeting

https://twitter.com/i/events/1339569123223687173
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

QuoteNigel Farage
@Nigel_Farage
·
19h
Just as last year with the Withdrawal Agreement, we will give a full and comprehensive legal analysis when a "deal" finally comes. @brexitparty_uk
@TiceRichard

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on December 24, 2020, 03:02:53 PM
Downing St say it will fulfill the referendum in 2016 and last year's election promises.
The ERG can mull over it, but you know Parliament will approve it.

parliament can approve all they like , if its a stitch up , then a future parliament will rescind it.

I see all the tory bots on twitter are rushing out to big up the deal and scream boris has delivered on brexit , which is expected , but not necessarily a good sign.

Farage seems pretty quiet. We will see what we will see over coming days and weeks.

It will get torn to shreds if its a bummer as we all know .

Barry

Downing St say it will fulfill the referendum in 2016 and last year's election promises.
The ERG can mull over it, but you know Parliament will approve it.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Sir keir starmer has been asked for a comment.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on December 24, 2020, 02:56:17 PM
The deal is done, maybe.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55435930

bernard jenkins tweeted yesterday barry the ERG  group are wating on legal text after announcement to scrutinise the deal and will reserve comment until they have done so.

Very interesting to see what they have agreed . Someone somewhere is going to be desperately unhappy , and johnson had better hope he has pleased the right people.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 24, 2020, 12:08:15 AM
Is that the same Netherlands that has a 3:1 support for the EU, or a different one ?

That is correct but it won't take much to change their minds. Especially if there fishing is decimated.

https://twnews.co.uk/gb-news/eu-on-brink-dutch-mep-hints-at-nexit-amid-brutal-dressing-down-of-michel-barnier
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 23, 2020, 03:56:48 PM
Wouldnt surprise me if they revealed a deal tonight or tomorrow . It will have a bad smell about it but we will be too busy enjoying ourselves over the next  few days to take much notice . Nobodies going to go on a demo over  Christmas what with travel restrictions  and plod will disperse any gatherings rapid because of covid  anyway .

By the time we have solitarily seen in the NY and awoken with a hangover the ink will be dry  on another EU treaty

Well we will have to wait and see as you say mate.

Dont forget though , no current uk parliament can bind a future uk parliament , and any dirty deal done by the tories can be undone in future.

Labour under tony blair thought they were similarly untouchable and look what happened to them after their three election victories?

If johnson sells out england , and does a dirty deal , everyone of us know fine well he and his party will pay a high price at the next election. No matter how comfroatbale they think they are or how many benchwarmers they have sitting currently in the commons , they will have to face the public eventually , and after a referendum they held and promised to honour , and two elections where they similarly promised to enact brexit , and still havent done so , i wouldnt want to be in the tories shoes come the next election if they sell out the majority english public.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 04:22:43 PMOr maybe The Netherlands stating it is considering Nexit might also have shook the EU. Until we know the deal we won't know which side has bent.

Is that the same Netherlands that has a 3:1 support for the EU, or a different one ? 

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2020, 03:17:58 PM
Allegedly a deal is imminent but I won't hold my breath:-

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu/brexit-trade-deal-imminent-senior-eu-source-says-idUKKBN28X0RK

DECEMBER 23, 20207:23 AMUPDATED 15 MINUTES AGO
Brexit trade deal imminent, senior EU source says
By Gabriela Baczynska, Guy Faulconbridge

2 MIN READ

BRUSSELS/LONDON (Reuters) -A senior European diplomat told Reuters on Wednesday that a Brexit trade deal was imminent and could be clinched within hours, raising hopes that Britain and the European Union can avoid a turbulent economic rupture in just eight days.

It's been the same story for months. Every day.
The EU says a deal is imminent.
The UK says there is no deal in sight.

I think they are very close myself.
I wil be pleasently surprised if nothing gets signed.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 04:22:43 PM
Or maybe The Netherlands stating it is considering Nexit might also have shook the EU. Until we know the deal we won't know which side has bent.
LOL they are all bent.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2020, 04:14:31 PM
Just a personal opinion he may have fouled his underwear at the sight of the chaos at Dover and realised that is exactly what will happen from January 2021 with a no deal Brexit.

Or maybe The Netherlands stating it is considering Nexit might also have shook the EU. Until we know the deal we won't know which side has bent.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 23, 2020, 03:56:48 PM
Wouldnt surprise me if they revealed a deal tonight or tomorrow . It will have a bad smell about it but we will be too busy enjoying ourselves over the next  few days to take much notice . Nobodies going to go on a demo over  Christmas what with travel restrictions  and plod will disperse any gatherings rapid because of covid  anyway .

By the time we have solitarily seen in the NY and awoken with a hangover the ink will be dry  on another EU treaty

So sceptical for one so young Mr S. 😉

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on December 23, 2020, 03:34:57 PM
Boris can tousle his hair, dishevel his suit, crumple his tie, and appear on TV claiming he's fought tooth and nail to bring this result from which the UK will benefit mightily in the years ahead.

Mind you, he can do that whatever the outcome...

Just a personal opinion he may have fouled his underwear at the sight of the chaos at Dover and realised that is exactly what will happen from January 2021 with a no deal Brexit.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe