We're OUT

Started by johnofgwent, December 31, 2020, 11:02:21 PM

« previous - next »

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on January 01, 2021, 04:11:48 PMWhat  im saying is the british are trying to deny us a say. They are telling us we are englands prisoner , and can't choose  , and westmisnter , which is 82% english mps and constituencies , will decide our fate for us

See where you are coming from but don't buy into.
No one in the UK was given a choice in joining the EU.

We, you and me, were joined as the UK. And neither Scotland nor England were ever members of the EU.
Every Scot has had an equal a say in our leaving or remaining as anyone else. Just as every English and Irish and Welsh did.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2021, 07:33:53 PM
Quite, but I always apologise for doing so.

Boris The Betrayer is not popular in Cornwall:-

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-fish-idUSKBN29415G

Well they need to get some perspective.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 04, 2021, 07:30:08 PM
Yes you do, but only when it suits you.

Quite, but I always apologise for doing so.

Boris The Betrayer is not popular in Cornwall:-

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-fish-idUSKBN29415G
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2021, 07:26:09 PM
It is a Daily Mail link, I don't bother with those.
Yes you do, but only when it suits you.

https://pol-tics.com/index.php/topic,1638.msg34765.html#msg34765

You're telling porkies.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 04, 2021, 07:04:02 PM
He means the eu rag sorry flag,and if you'd bothered to read the link which you so often ask for the bat said any flag including st pariahs would be gone.....ok?

It is a Daily Mail link, I don't bother with those. local news links have been reporting on the issue for a couple of days.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2021, 06:40:17 PM
Rag of stars?  What is that? If you mean and American flag that would get an even worse reaction.
He means the eu rag sorry flag,and if you'd bothered to read the link which you so often ask for the bat said any flag including st pariahs would be gone.....ok?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2021, 06:40:17 PM
Rag of stars?  What is that? If you mean and American flag that would get an even worse reaction.

How could Penzance have gotten a worse reaction? Maybe if the lady Mayor had decided to piss on the flags physically instead of just emotionally, but one way and another, yet another well deserved and splendidly administered own goal by the Labour party.

Nice one Pappy  :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 04, 2021, 06:27:10 PM

Ill take a punt that anything but the rag of stars

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2021, 06:08:04 PM
It was very stupid to fly the Union Flag in Penzance, It was bound to cause a very bad reaction.  He should have flown St. Piran's flags.

Ill take a punt that anything but the rag of stars would have met the same fate . These people are not just anti flag they are anti anything but their own agenda and Cornish independence is as alien to them as the United Kingdoms was

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 04, 2021, 06:00:07 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9110793/Penzance-REMOVES-18-Union-Flags-raised-mystery-proud-Cornishman-celebrate-Brexit.html

I hope papa is flying the flag in response to the muppet Mayor of Penzance .  Talk about  a moanalot  who voted for this miserable old witch ?

It was very stupid to fly the Union Flag in Penzance, It was bound to cause a very bad reaction.  He should have flown St. Piran's flags.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 04, 2021, 06:00:07 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9110793/Penzance-REMOVES-18-Union-Flags-raised-mystery-proud-Cornishman-celebrate-Brexit.html

I hope papa is flying the flag in response to the muppet Mayor of Penzance .  Talk about  a moanalot  who voted for this miserable old witch ?
Well I wouldn't say too much SW  because it is the union flag and that ain't that popular with some on here :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on January 04, 2021, 05:11:10 PM
...and put who in his place? Has he served his purpose?

Priti Patel or Rishi Sunak. They are both Hindus and thus good with money and instinctively conservative. I would like to suggest a few goras but we haven't had a decent one of them since Maggie.

So keep Boris for the wee while, but there is no reason to let him think that the job is permanent 
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 04, 2021, 01:19:47 PM
Actually, Boris can do one now as far as I'm concerned. He's served his purpose. We're OUT.

...and put who in his place? Has he served his purpose? He has had two tough jobs running side by side show me another who would even take the job. He may be a lot of things but he has shown a degree of tenacity lacking in British politics for some time. Westminster is full of woke milk and water on all sides. BJ nearly fell into that trap and still has one toe feeling the temperature, but now is not the time to throw it all in the air in the hope that something better will arrive at the top of the pile.

Patience is what we need. There are too many getting bored with the status quo and that's just wimpish. We need to pull it together develop a backbone and see all this through. Brexit is done - yes, but there will be kinks to iron out and the EU will take every opportunity to weaken our position. We still  have some way to go before we can see it all working as it should.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on January 04, 2021, 05:01:48 PM
dont disagree sheep.

I think you voting for brexit has frightened the shit out of westmisnter , and can't see them willingly offering any more referednums in the future unless its s stitch up in their favour .
Because it is true Thomas and the house Lords would never survive a referendum.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!