Council elections in May

Started by Barry, February 07, 2021, 11:57:21 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on February 07, 2021, 12:35:20 PM
We dont have mayors in scotland streetwalker , our equivalent is lord provosts.

What actually is thier role though? Do they have any real power , or are they just another level of beaurocracy , somewhere for westminster to devolve blame instead of real power?(looking at that lot though i can see why?!!)

They don't really have a lot to do to be honest. In London the mayor is in charge of the transport system (which more or less runs itself) and the police, who are well meaning incompetents about which not much can be done anyway. Other than that, they try to make themselves look useful. Boris managed that and so did Ken Livingstone. But Sadiq Khan? Dear oh dear oh dear.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 07, 2021, 12:28:13 PM
We get the covid postponed Mayor elections in May , looking at this list of incompetents  Im tempted to go for the Space Warrior .  Either that or show it the contempt it deserves with such a poor line up and stay well out of it .
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55748037

We dont have mayors in scotland streetwalker , our equivalent is lord provosts.

What actually is thier role though? Do they have any real power , or are they just another level of beaurocracy , somewhere for westminster to devolve blame instead of real power?(looking at that lot though i can see why?!!)
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

We get the covid postponed Mayor elections in May , looking at this list of incompetents  Im tempted to go for the Space Warrior .  Either that or show it the contempt it deserves with such a poor line up and stay well out of it .
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55748037

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on February 07, 2021, 11:57:21 AM
I do hope they go ahead.
I want to indicate my displeasure by voting for anything other than the interminable anti freedom, pro lockdown Westminster party.

I suspect that they might cancel the elections to keep us all safe, whilst removing our voice through the ballot box.

Our council elections arent until next year barry , but this year we are supposed to be having holyrood elections in may , although as you say at the minute it may be in doubt as "we all need keeping safe". >:(

If it wasnt for scot indy , i too would be voicing my displeasure at the parties standing for pro lockdown.

Where is all this cac going to end?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

I do hope they go ahead.
I want to indicate my displeasure by voting for anything other than the interminable anti freedom, pro lockdown Westminster party.

I suspect that they might cancel the elections to keep us all safe, whilst removing our voice through the ballot box.
† The end is nigh †