Britain to offer Ireland spare Covid vaccines

Started by Borchester, March 28, 2021, 11:45:14 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 12, 2021, 12:11:50 AMShow how putting up a border fence breaches EU rules.

Already did. Post #81 in the other thread... You know, the one that you are no longer posting in because you have run out of wriggle room.

As for your list, I said I would answer it when you gave a definitive answer on how the EU can control a rogue country. All you have to say is they can't and it's done. Everyone knows it but you are that far up the EU's backside that you are blind.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 11, 2021, 06:53:27 PM
None, they just put a big fence up that the EU said they couldn't. The EU can do nothing about it.

The Netherlands also said they would negotiate their own fishing deal with the UK if the EU failed to. The EU could do nothing about that either.
Show how putting up a border fence breaches EU rules. Immigration has nothing to do with the EU, you should know that. All EU countries have total control over immigration bar that concerning EU citizens moving to EU countries, but thats also controlled. The EU Country receiving a EU citizen can refuse entry on security reasons, if the person can't demonstrate enough funds to support themselves for 6mths and after 6mths if they aren't able to support themselves and haven't got a job they can be sent home.
The EU would have zero issue with a border fence. I've explained but you ignored the EU had an issue with the detention camps and and Hungary removed them after a court case.

The netherlands were going to negoitiate direct on fishing with the UK, hahahahahhhhaaaa. You prob got that gem where you got your ill informed notions on the border fence.

Whers that list Nick, must be reams of paper at this stage.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 11:52:26 PMWhat vaccines does Hungary make ?
None, they just put a big fence up that the EU said they couldn't. The EU can do nothing about it.

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 11:52:26 PMAs for Netherlands, this article quotes them as saying if the EU puts a ban on the export to the UK  then its "out of their hands"

The Netherlands also said they would negotiate their own fishing deal with the UK if the EU failed to. The EU could do nothing about that either.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 11:52:26 PMYou should give up this argument, its getting embarrassing for you Nick

You should ask around Gerry, your whole existence on this forum is an embarrassment.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2021, 11:29:50 PM
Correct, that's because the U.K. is a sovereign state and not a country, there are 4 countries within it, all following the same rule of law. Some of which are devolved.

The EU is an economic and social confederation and as I've said on the other thread it cannot stop any country doing what it wants if it so chooses. How will the EU stop AZ from shipping vaccines to the U.K. if The Netherlands decide to let the shipments go for a 20% slice for example? The same way it made Hungary take its fence down 6 years ago?
pop over to that other thread and you have your answer.
So the UK is not a country, humm.
Also NI is not a country, it was a provence or region of a country at one stage, but never a country.
On laws NI doesn't follow all UK laws as your glorious leader Johnson had NI tied with the EU in certain areas so its different and Thomas i think from memory outlined that Scotland has its own laws.
And the UK can't stop say Scotland taking independence if it wishes.
What vaccines does Hungary make ?

As for Netherlands, this article quotes them as saying if the EU puts a ban on the export to the UK  then its "out of their hands"
You should give up this argument, its getting embarrassing for you Nick

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/23/uk-moves-to-ease-tensions-with-eu-over-covid-vaccine-exports

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 12:22:12 AMI say the EU is one of the largest producers of vaccines and exporters of vaccines in the world.

What is the name and location of this EU company? Another question you keep dodging.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 12:22:12 AMThe UK doesn't have a soccer or rugby team, it doesnt have a single set of laws, but it does have a border.

Correct, that's because the U.K. is a sovereign state and not a country, there are 4 countries within it, all following the same rule of law. Some of which are devolved.

The EU is an economic and social confederation and as I've said on the other thread it cannot stop any country doing what it wants if it so chooses. How will the EU stop AZ from shipping vaccines to the U.K. if The Netherlands decide to let the shipments go for a 20% slice for example? The same way it made Hungary take its fence down 6 years ago?

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on April 07, 2021, 08:25:40 PM
A mistake they will think twice about making again.
What mistake Baff, care to elaborate

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 12:22:12 AM
But the countries within the EU pool decision making in areas they choose to do so.
A mistake they will think twice about making again.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 06, 2021, 09:29:55 PM
[HIGHLIGHT]So like I said, the EU produces nothing.[/HIGHLIGHT]

As for the UK they own many businesses that produce things:

Railways, Post Office, Royal Mint, Nuclear. So again Gerry you are talking nonsense. How much land or roads does the EU own? What's the national airline?
The UK doesn't have a soccer or rugby team, it doesnt have a single set of laws, but it does have a border.
The EU isnt a country, never will be, even though many brexiteers feared it, for no reason.
But the countries within the EU pool decision making in areas they choose to do so. Vaccine procurement is one of these areas and so is restricting the movement of vaccines if the situation arises.

What is your point, are you just making abstract statements of fact that have nothing to do with the points I raise, is that it ? I say the EU is one of the largest producers of vaccines and exporters of vaccines in the world. You may as well reply water is wet and snow is cold for all the relavence of your the UK has a post office and a railway.
The EU has been given the power on behalf of the member states to purchase, distribute, contract companies, fund pharma companies to build manufacturing facilities to deliver billions of vaccines. Are you disputing that ?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 06, 2021, 06:12:58 PM
You seem very touchy. [HIGHLIGHT]Should I write companies within countries within the EU[/HIGHLIGHT] when totalled makes the EU one of the largest in the world. Happy ?
The UK don't manufacture anything either, companies do, but it doesn't stop the UK banning vaccine export
The USA don't manufacture anything either, companies do, but it doesn't stop the USA banning vaccine export

And likewise if the EU choose to stop vaccine exports from the EU then they can, even though as you say the EU didn't manufacture anything. It was the Eu that pumped 336m into AZ to help vaccine development and to bolster manufacturing, a lot more than the UK gave. It was the EU that contracted AZ before the UK did.

So yes companies within Countries within the EU are manufacturing Vaccines that are being shipped to the UK, if the EU want's to stop that shipment they can. Whats your point ?

[HIGHLIGHT]So like I said, the EU produces nothing.[/HIGHLIGHT]

As for the UK they own many businesses that produce things:

Railways, Post Office, Royal Mint, Nuclear. So again Gerry you are talking nonsense. How much land or roads does the EU own? What's the national airline?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on March 30, 2021, 08:13:36 PM
The EU has manufactured exactly the same amount of vaccines as me...NONE! They don't manufacture anything.

Largest manufacturer... They don't manufacture anything.

You just contradicted your self. Why would the EU have a contract with AZ if they were manufacturing vaccines? Do they have a contract with them selves? I've answered your contract queries in another thread.
You seem very touchy. Should I write companies within countries within the EU when totalled makes the EU one of the largest in the world. Happy ?
The UK don't manufacture anything either, companies do, but it doesn't stop the UK banning vaccine export
The USA don't manufacture anything either, companies do, but it doesn't stop the USA banning vaccine export

And likewise if the EU choose to stop vaccine exports from the EU then they can, even though as you say the EU didn't manufacture anything. It was the Eu that pumped 336m into AZ to help vaccine development and to bolster manufacturing, a lot more than the UK gave. It was the EU that contracted AZ before the UK did.

So yes companies within Countries within the EU are manufacturing Vaccines that are being shipped to the UK, if the EU want's to stop that shipment they can. Whats your point ?

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on April 01, 2021, 06:17:15 PMApparently the problem is that the Micks are not really sure how much vaccine they need.
I wonder if I may help Gerry there.
Population of Eire around 4.9 million.
40% are too young to need it.
The others need two doses so 120% of 4.9 million is 5,880,000 vaccines, but order 6,000,000 in case of wastage, breakages
@ £3 each is 18 million quid. What is the Punt rate these days?

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on April 01, 2021, 05:41:12 PM
Anyway, nobody is forcing the Irish to have surplus vaccines, just don't have them if you don't want them.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/vaccine-delivery-for-april-revised-down-to-slightly-below-a-million-donnelly-says-1.4526163

Apparently the problem is that the Micks are not really sure how much vaccine they need.

I think we owe Gerry an apology. The lad has been forced to spend so much time on the UK's problems that he has not had time to sort out those of the Republic.

Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Anyway, nobody is forcing the Irish to have surplus vaccines, just don't have them if you don't want them.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!