Main Menu

EU telling porky pies

Started by Streetwalker, June 04, 2021, 06:09:24 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 11:24:19 AM
That tuna will not have been landed by a UK fishing boat.

Thats not because there are no tuna in British waters but that UK fisherman have No quotas for tuna . Any caught have to be returned to the seas . Brexit was supposed to have sought this shite out but once again the tories have been found wanting

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on June 04, 2021, 12:10:25 PM
Such is life, but then some of us have been telling the idle buggers to get off their backsides and create as much of their own food as possible even if it is a window box it still adds to the local eco system. Saves on transport costs and makes for cleaner air and the big fella cannot tax you for that.

I am informed by the ball and chain we will be having strawberries from the back garden this evening.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 11:52:05 AM
Country of origin labelling is not a legal requirement. As for buying fish directly off of the boat, the majority of fish quays and markets are no longer accessible to the public.
Buying fresh fish/shellfish direct is not possible for the vast majority of the population.
Such is life, but then some of us have been telling the idle buggers to get off their backsides and create as much of their own food as possible even if it is a window box it still adds to the local eco system. Saves on transport costs and makes for cleaner air and the big fella cannot tax you for that.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on June 04, 2021, 11:38:58 AM
Not yet but it is a sign of consumers taking note of labelling. I would only buy sustainably fished Tuna anyway.

Country of origin labelling is not a legal requirement. As for buying fish directly off of the boat, the majority of fish quays and markets are no longer accessible to the public.
Buying fresh fish/shellfish direct is not possible for the vast majority of the population.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 11:24:19 AM
Not yet but it is a sign of consumers taking note of labelling. I would only buy sustainably fished Tuna anyway.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on June 04, 2021, 10:59:40 AM
The Westminster party all fancy themselves as huge big stage globalists, but really it is all about eco-systems not making people vegetarians because there is no need for it anyway. In fact I might have another tuna sandwich later.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 10:40:58 AM
I repeat there is no legal requirement to identify the origin of food. Many millions of people cannot carry out an easy track and trace.
(The Tory government is resisting origin identification.)
The Westminster party all fancy themselves as huge big stage globalists, but really it is all about eco-systems not making people vegetarians because there is no need for it anyway. In fact I might have another tuna sandwich later.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on June 04, 2021, 09:53:12 AM
Like somehow it is rocket science, I bet within a few miles of you there is a farm shop or a local butcher or fishmonger straight from the boat. By buying from them you are cutting out transport costs and making the local economy more viable as well as helping the planet. If you see an EU label at the supermarket walk on by. If the government fall into EU traps bypass them.

I repeat there is no legal requirement to identify the origin of food. Many millions of people cannot carry out an easy track and trace.
(The Tory government is resisting origin identification.)

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 09:37:00 AM
I repeat how will you know? There are no legally required labelling regulations.
[/quot
Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 09:37:00 AM
I repeat how will you know? There are no legally required labelling regulations.
Like somehow it is rocket science, I bet within a few miles of you there is a farm shop or a local butcher or fishmonger straight from the boat. By buying from them you are cutting out transport costs and making the local economy more viable as well as helping the planet. If you see an EU label at the supermarket walk on by. If the government fall into EU traps bypass them.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on June 04, 2021, 09:31:27 AM
Simple be fussier where you shop and buy locally produced food, especially meat and fish. As more people are doing so anyway.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 09:25:37 AM
How will you know it is their rubbish?
Simple be fussier where you shop and buy locally produced food, especially meat and fish. As more people are doing so anyway.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on June 04, 2021, 09:05:05 AM
No point in repeating myself, just stop buying their rubbish.

How will you know it is their rubbish?

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 04, 2021, 06:09:24 AM
https://facts4eu.org/news/2021_jun_eu_food_risks?fbclid=IwAR2waF6XE1h-xiVrvZ7b3DffBIIpwGxRjIfnJDZ2XL49wnC5nRsfov1k0a0#

Its enough to anyone off  their breakfast . So much for the UK lowering food standards . 
No point in repeating myself, just stop buying their rubbish.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 04, 2021, 06:09:24 AM
https://facts4eu.org/news/2021_jun_eu_food_risks?fbclid=IwAR2waF6XE1h-xiVrvZ7b3DffBIIpwGxRjIfnJDZ2XL49wnC5nRsfov1k0a0#

Its enough to anyone off  their breakfast . So much for the UK lowering food standards .

Just wait until the meat imports to Britain from non EU countries start to arrive under new free trade agreements.
Currently they would not be let in due to compliance with British standards.

Streetwalker