Footballs not coming home.

Started by cromwell, July 11, 2021, 11:11:26 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Complete and utter cobblers
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-johnson-news-live-starmer-says-tories-are-on-wrong-side-of-culture-war-after-euro-2020-racism/ar-AAM8fk8?ocid=msedgntp
You built up the plebs with non-existent heroes and told them football was coming home, now you want to blame it all on racism because a few plebs are thick as bricks and want to point the finger at the government rather than yourselves, I am under no doubt the Westminster party are rubbish at democracy because they probably never encountered it before. Footballs over back to the usual mind-numbing shit then.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on July 14, 2021, 09:06:57 AM
All getting so feckin boring now sheep as politicians use football increasingly for their political messages.

Aren't the gullible lapping this stuff up though?

My Facebook timeline is full of this shite.
Ah well, the psychologists are in control. If you don't tick the right box look out.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on July 14, 2021, 09:02:57 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/us/mural-in-soccer-star-s-hometown-becomes-anti-racism-symbol/ar-AAM71EQ?ocid=msedgntp
"But I will never apologise for who I am and where I came from."

All getting so feckin boring now sheep as politicians use football increasingly for their political messages.

Aren't the gullible lapping this stuff up though?

My Facebook timeline is full of this shite.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on July 13, 2021, 10:22:23 AM
Can I pull you up on this? I believe you posted a while back that you were pro EU until you had researched further. I understood that although you were strong SNP you had only the one agenda and that the EU was a separate subject that you would assess after your 'freedom' was achieved. Have you changed your mind? At the moment of course you are not in the EU and therefore not aligned with Italy except mentally and in defiance of your current alliance.  Dancing

Nope.

I didn't once mention the political entity EU in my post ,I said European which is a geographical label like British which was my point toots.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on July 11, 2021, 11:11:26 PM
Rashford? ..........and another delusion bites the dust.
Saint rash ford I see Cromwell being increasingly canonised by the media .

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on July 12, 2021, 11:54:58 AM
Well at least they got to the final, which in footballing terms is still a great achievement, they just weren't the better side and it showed in the second half. Maybe we should look up when was the last time the Scots were in a major final.

Well there would be some merit in that, but didn't Southgate order a tactical draw / loss in one of the earlier matches so as to get an easier run through the tournament against weaker sides .....

I'm damn sure there was a post in this forum saying as much

It's tactics versus sportsmanship.

Years ago I watched a documentary on how such things have degraded. It referred to an occasion about a century ago (god, I'm old) where a British Olympic bobsleigh team dismantled their own kit and demanded the judges hold the competition until they had, so a rival team who broke their bobsleigh at the start of the run could take this part, fit it in their own kit and take their run, believing that to take victory through another teams misfortune to have equipment fail was not the sporting way

IIRC it was the Italian bobsleigh team and they used the British part to win gold .....

It used to be considered the way one behaved, or at least was portrayed as such ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on July 13, 2021, 09:43:36 AM
Do we?

We were told England the world beaters were going to thrash us Celtic minnows 6 nil so imagine our surprise when Scotland had England clinging on for a nil nil draw.

Delusion is a terrible thing Nick.

As I have said many a time the German or Italian  judge their sporting prowess on trophies won while the Englishman judges his compared to the mighty Scotland.

Quite flattering really Nick that every Englishman is hanging on his seat for a scotsmans approval.

How come that mythical country Britain or whatever it's called never plays in these tournaments ? :D

As a fellow European I was obviously supporting Italy. :)

Can I pull you up on this? I believe you posted a while back that you were pro EU until you had researched further. I understood that although you were strong SNP you had only the one agenda and that the EU was a separate subject that you would assess after your 'freedom' was achieved. Have you changed your mind? At the moment of course you are not in the EU and therefore not aligned with Italy except mentally and in defiance of your current alliance.  Dancing

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on July 12, 2021, 01:34:41 PM
I even understand the off-side rule!  ;D

After reading THIS, I finally understand it too
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on July 12, 2021, 04:01:54 PM
The funny bit is, Scotland think a nil nil draw with England is a great result 😂.

Do we?

We were told England the world beaters were going to thrash us Celtic minnows 6 nil so imagine our surprise when Scotland had England clinging on for a nil nil draw.

Delusion is a terrible thing Nick.

As I have said many a time the German or Italian  judge their sporting prowess on trophies won while the Englishman judges his compared to the mighty Scotland.

Quite flattering really Nick that every Englishman is hanging on his seat for a scotsmans approval.

How come that mythical country Britain or whatever it's called never plays in these tournaments ? :D

As a fellow European I was obviously supporting Italy.  :)

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on July 12, 2021, 01:34:41 PM
I even understand the off-side rule!  ;D

Apologies that wasn't addressed to you it was a generalisation.

Fact is wether male or female a lot of people out there let media hype and delusion get the better of them.

I'm sure they will all get over it till next episode at the World Cup  :D

Sheepy

Quote from: morayloon on July 12, 2021, 04:28:14 PM
You shouldn't be worrying about small Nations. Your team is ranked 4, you should be beating us hands down. England should be compared with France, Germany, Italy, and such comparisons do not make good reading for the English football fans.

Also, England has 11 times our population  - providing a much bigger pool of players to choose from.
However, as Thomas said, your much hyped Premier League would be languishing in the doldrums if it were not for the lure of big money bringing in foreign mercenaries.

LOL except I didn't need a bumper book of excuses.

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on July 12, 2021, 04:01:54 PM
The funny bit is, Scotland think a nil nil draw with England is a great result 😂.
Of course it was. A country of 5 million held the 'mighty' England. Of course, we should have won on the night but a draw is acceptable

morayloon

Quote from: Sheepy on July 12, 2021, 11:54:58 AM
Well at least they got to the final, which in footballing terms is still a great achievement, they just weren't the better side and it showed in the second half. Maybe we should look up when was the last time the Scots were in a major final.
You shouldn't be worrying about small Nations. Your team is ranked 4, you should be beating us hands down. England should be compared with France, Germany, Italy, and such comparisons do not make good reading for the English football fans.

Also, England has 11 times our population  - providing a much bigger pool of players to choose from.
However, as Thomas said, your much hyped Premier League would be languishing in the doldrums if it were not for the lure of big money bringing in foreign mercenaries.

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on July 12, 2021, 01:27:16 AM

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.