GP surgery still requires face coverings

Started by patman post, July 20, 2021, 02:41:13 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on February 10, 2022, 01:47:21 PM
When I had a test the optician told me not to wear any face covering as it interfered with the process due to steaming up.
Steaming what up? Your eyeballs?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: Scott777 on February 10, 2022, 12:29:44 PM
Will you be able to see better with the mussle?
When I had a test the optician told me not to wear any face covering as it interfered with the process due to steaming up.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on February 10, 2022, 12:55:35 PM
You're going to the optician, and he will tell you to wear a mask.  So, will it help you see better?
That is a ****** stupid question. (It is a she and you they won't unlock the door to let you in unless your are wearing a mask.)

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on February 10, 2022, 12:33:58 PM
What are you on about?

You're going to the optician, and he will tell you to wear a mask.  So, will it help you see better?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on February 10, 2022, 12:04:02 PM
I have an appointment with an optician/ophthalmologist tomorrow and mask wearing still applies.

Will you be able to see better with the mussle?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

I have an appointment with an optician/ophthalmologist tomorrow and mask wearing still applies.

papasmurf

srb7677

Back to the original topic of this thread, since the removal of all mandatory restrictions is planned for later this month.

I do think that GP surgeries continuing to insist upon facemasks if they choose to is not unreasonable, since such places are often visited by a disproportionately high number of sick, elderly, and vulnerable people. The same is true for care homes. But GPs need to start actually seeing patrients again.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

No, JoG, the Smurf is talking about the international travel Covid certificate, whereas I was talking about the domestic use one. Both available on the NHS app. As for your Welsh gangsta Drakeford, well, he was seen singing "aga do do do" at a well attended crowded indoor event without the face coverings he so loves. The man is a fool.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on January 30, 2022, 09:29:49 PM
Once again you conflate two different passes.
Does he ? I think he conflates two utterly different uses of the same document. A document the **** in the bay refused to allow those in Wales receive because he, not his advisers, not his scientists, he, he personally, saw no good reason to allow anyone in his Fiefdom to do what he, personally, advised against doing.

Arrogant ****

There simply are no other suitable words.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on January 30, 2022, 07:21:19 PM
They are needed for travel to a number of countries and because of that are available in several languages.
Once again you conflate two different passes.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 27, 2022, 11:05:22 AM
All domestic uses of vaccine passes are also ditched from today. The facility remains on the NHS app for the time being.
They are needed for travel to a number of countries and because of that are available in several languages.

Barry

All domestic uses of vaccine passes are also ditched from today. The facility remains on the NHS app for the time being.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 27, 2022, 10:56:09 AM
Face Nappies? the sort of response I'd expect from Scott perhaps.....or Smurfy but from the opposite perspective.

Face nappies should be reserved for those spouting verbal diarhhoea.

Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing