GP surgery still requires face coverings

Started by patman post, July 20, 2021, 02:41:13 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

I went to the dentist this morning. All the same, sanitiser at the door, facemasks on but they didn't take my temperature on my forehead. I asked in case they had forgotten to be told that they felt since it was pretty inaccurate it was dropped on freedom day.

They had a patient whose temp was fine report as Covid positive the next day just last week. I thought the staffing looked different.

Borchester

The doctor started out by saying that he had just gotten the results of my blood test  that my sugar level was worrying him. I replied that I don't eat sugar, smoke or drink alcohol, spent as much time as possible pottering on my allotment and can't think of much else that I can do or give up. The way I looked at it, I went on, it was now down to him and the miracles of modern science.

There was a bit of a pause and he told me to call into the surgery this afternoon whereupon he will probably prescribe powdered leeches.

Not a bad bloke my quack, but he does need the occasional kick up the arse.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 21, 2021, 11:51:57 AM
I have just had a phone consultation with my doctor and he told me to call into the surgery this afternoon.

A face to face meeting with a doctor!

I did not realise they still did that sort of thing.

Doctor have never stopped doing face to face meetings, (unless the surgery is closed due to a covid outbreak amongst the staff.)
Personally I have so much of my own testing kit, (apart from taking blood samples,) I just report readings on a regular basis by email. I don't need to see a GP.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 21, 2021, 11:29:42 AM
They will know if you are lying. Plus exempt people can wear a face shield.
(Just been an announcement by my local GP practice closed because of a Covid outbreak amongst the staff.)

I have just had a phone consultation with my doctor and he told me to call into the surgery this afternoon.

A face to face meeting with a doctor!

I did not realise they still did that sort of thing.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on July 21, 2021, 11:19:18 AM
That's not correct, you just need to say you are exempt.

They will know if you are lying. Plus exempt people can wear a face shield.
(Just been an announcement by my local GP practice closed because of a Covid outbreak amongst the staff.)

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on July 21, 2021, 05:32:50 AM
You don't have any choice.
That's not correct, you just need to say you are exempt.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on July 20, 2021, 10:33:15 PM
I reckon the NHS has been corrupted by big pharma, which makes it worth not complying with.

You don't have any choice.

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on July 20, 2021, 03:53:25 PM
But for 70-80% of people who have been jabbed, the combination of measures by themselves and others is proving between 60-95% effective (depending on whether they've received one or two jabs, three or more weeks before) in stopping Covid-related debilitating illness, hospitalisation and death.
Is that what the TV told you?  Did you know that cutting your legs off is effective at stopping ingrowing toenails?  Or that taking heroin is 100% effective at stopping depression (for a while)?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on July 20, 2021, 10:33:15 PM
I reckon the NHS has been corrupted by big pharma, which makes it worth not complying with.
Maybe the NHS should stick with what they do best, saving lives and keep out of politics and corporate financing.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on July 20, 2021, 02:41:13 PM
Our GP surgery has texted us the following:
Face coverings will still be required at the Practice. 
Local rates of Covid are rising rapidly, many people are having life disrupted by having to self isolate due to contact and some people are still significantly unwell after contracting the virus. As this is a healthcare setting - in order to protect other patients & our staff  we ask that all patients not exempt continue to wear a face covering while on the surgery premises (for those who are genuinely mask-exempt a face shield can be worn instead). We thank you for your continued cooperation and care. 
I reckon the above is worth complying with if the trained professionals at the sharp end of patient care in the NHS issue this request...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 20, 2021, 07:07:56 PM
Even measles hasn't been eradicated,

It would have been if the idiot doctor had been shut up.

patman post

Even measles hasn't been eradicated, and still proves fatal for some. Mind you, it received a boost from the ignorant who were brainwashed by the followers of Wakefield and other trolls. Covid could get similar boosts from the perverse and anti science brigade...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on July 20, 2021, 06:51:29 PM
Viruses are carried by moisture droplets from the mouths and noses of virus carriers. They do not fly solo through the waft and weave of a scarf, let alone consumer and surgical masks. Admittedly even masks won't stop all expelled viruses, but most will fall downward and won't spread at face level further than a metre or so. That's where surface wiping and hand washing count.

Masks can also capture moisture-borne viruses in the atmosphere, so the wearer can also gain some protection — provided they're put on and taken off carefully.

Maybe in Statler and Waldorf's childhood, bitter allows and sulphur mixtures, and crawling round the alter at midnight were panaceas, but much more has been learned since then...

Ah, so after 18 months these stern measures have eradicated the flu and all lockdown measures have been lifted?

Thank God. For a moment I thought that the powers that be were just arsing around until the bug burned itself out.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Viruses are carried by moisture droplets from the mouths and noses of virus carriers. They do not fly solo through the waft and weave of a scarf, let alone consumer and surgical masks. Admittedly even masks won't stop all expelled viruses, but most will fall downward and won't spread at face level further than a metre or so. That's where surface wiping and hand washing count.

Masks can also capture moisture-borne viruses in the atmosphere, so the wearer can also gain some protection — provided they're put on and taken off carefully.

Maybe in Statler and Waldorf's childhood, bitter allows and sulphur mixtures, and crawling round the alter at midnight were panaceas, but much more has been learned since then...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on July 20, 2021, 03:53:25 PM
I've not seen any official body declare that using all the medication and personal protection equipment available together with abiding by all the recommendations of hands/face/space is 100% effective in stopping Covid.   

But for 70-80% of people who have been jabbed, the combination of measures by themselves and others is proving between 60-95% effective (depending on whether they've received one or two jabs, three or more weeks before) in stopping Covid-related debilitating illness, hospitalisation and death.

Oh balls.

No one trusts the official figures and the average medic can't be trusted to count the toes on a corpse.

Masks stop bacteria but not viruses, which is what the Peking Pox is.

You maintain a social distance? Good for you, but unless the Martians come to earth and run the air through such filters as Mr Spock might approve, within 8 hours that bubble is chock a block full of bugs and waiting for the next poor bugger to walk into.

When I was a lad Dr Sutcliffe would turn up with screaming brakes, get my mother to tear up the bedsheets for bandages and tell her to boil water. Then he would pour what was probably Galloway's Cough Mixture down our throats, light up a Senior Service, turn to my mother and say, "Aye, I think they will survive Ada."

All bollocks but he put on a good show which is a bloody sight more that the NHS is doing right now.
Algerie Francais !