Who won the 2016 brexit referendum?

Started by Thomas, August 01, 2021, 09:20:37 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on August 09, 2021, 01:33:15 PM
As far as I am concerned he is a Troll.
A polite troll, who gets plenty of discussion going. So we'll stick with him or her for a while, as we tolerate worse.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 09, 2021, 12:33:49 PM
No wonder Bojo-The-Clown is thinking of sacking the Angel of Death, if that action happens there will be retaliation against Brits living in Europe who have not formalised their situation.

Thats fine by me . They should be spending their retirement money in Cornwall not the costa's anyway .

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 09, 2021, 01:30:37 PM
It wasn't a serious post,haven't you clocked what he's doing yet?

As far as I am concerned he is a Troll.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 09, 2021, 12:50:58 PM
What Navy? (Serious question.)
It wasn't a serious post,haven't you clocked what he's doing yet?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 09, 2021, 12:42:35 PM
Precisely what I stated. (Many of the EU citizens living in Britain are not aware of their situation.  The Brits living under the radar in Europe are aware.)

That's tough, they should keep abreast of rules. Especially when they are living in another country. It's not as though they weren't aware of Brexit.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 09, 2021, 12:45:43 PM
Have you a source for that information please.  (Especially the thinking of sacking the Angel of Death comment.)

Someone else has provided a link for the Angel of Death likely to be getting the Don't Come Monday.
Looks like Bojo-The-Clown is about to do a reshuffle. (Problem is he has nothing but jokers in the pack.)

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: Nick on August 09, 2021, 12:45:43 PM
Have you a source for that information please.  (Especially the thinking of sacking the Angel of Death comment.)

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19500279.michael-gove-become-home-secretary-amid-boris-johnsons-frustration-patel/

There is speculation that Gove will come in and use the navy to sink those dinghies for good.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 09, 2021, 12:33:49 PM
No wonder Bojo-The-Clown is thinking of sacking the Angel of Death, if that action happens there will be retaliation against Brits living in Europe who have not formalised their situation.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on August 09, 2021, 12:42:16 PM
the EU immigrants who mostly end up on the dole.

That is frankly total bollocks.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on August 09, 2021, 12:38:18 PM
What are you on about?

Precisely what I stated. (Many of the EU citizens living in Britain are not aware of their situation.  The Brits living under the radar in Europe are aware.)

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: Barry on August 09, 2021, 12:38:18 PM
What are you on about?
Spain have already expelled people who did not apply for a T.I.E.
Bear in mind most Brit ex-pats in Spain are retired and cost the Spanish little or nothing.

This is true. There's also a world of difference between our ex-pats who one the whole bring only benefits to other countries and the EU immigrants who mostly end up on the dole.

It is, as Nigel said, unsustainable.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on August 09, 2021, 12:33:49 PMif that action happens there will be retaliation against Brits living in Europe who have not formalised their situation.
What are you on about?
Spain have already expelled people who did not apply for a T.I.E.
Bear in mind most Brit ex-pats in Spain are retired and cost the Spanish little or nothing.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 09, 2021, 12:13:54 PM

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/21/70000-europeans-in-the-uk-could-have-benefits-cut-off-next-week-14806710/

Barry

† The end is nigh †