We have been part of an experiment

Started by Sheepy, August 11, 2021, 10:03:37 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Even digitalis, first written up in 1785, and still prescribed for certain heart conditions, has ongoing reviews. One such, published in the BMJ in 2015, contains the following in its conclusion:

Digoxin use has a neutral effect on mortality in randomised trials and reduces hospital admissions. The association between digoxin and adverse outcomes in observational studies is likely to be non-causative and a result of confounding that cannot be mitigated by statistical adjustment. Future randomised trials of digoxin are urgently required to identify the place of this treatment in the management of patients with heart failure and those with atrial fibrillation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4553205/
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Scott777 on August 06, 2022, 03:56:02 PM
It means the adverse events are still being studied.  If it were not for the guv declaring a public health emergency, the vaccine would not be legal, because a treatment classified as experimental cannot be approved under normal circumstances.  Now ask yourself why it would not be legal.  Then ask yourself how a treatment which would be illegal can be given to a child who is not in an emergency situation.
The adverse events of Aspirin are also still being studied.

The following is a typical paragraph in the prescribing info supplied with many prescription only or over the counter medications in the UK and other countries.

Reporting suspected adverse reactions after authorisation of the medicinal product is important. It allows continued monitoring of the benefit/risk balance of the medicinal product. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions via the Yellow Card Scheme Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store.

I don't find continued study of drugs and medication sinister — in fact I find it reasssuring...

PS — https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2408.pdf
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Calm down Sheepbrain we are only experimenting on the plebs, your elitists should be proud of the fact and we all made more trillions from it. It took two frigging years hard graft to stop it, hardly something we can feel proud of.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on August 05, 2022, 07:23:26 PM
As a non-medical poster, I would find it useful if you would explain, simply, what you understand the link you've posted to mean...

It means the adverse events are still being studied.  If it were not for the guv declaring a public health emergency, the vaccine would not be legal, because a treatment classified as experimental cannot be approved under normal circumstances.  Now ask yourself why it would not be legal.  Then ask yourself how a treatment which would be illegal can be given to a child who is not in an emergency situation.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on August 06, 2022, 02:33:08 PM
Who and what is/are they...?

They Pat, are like your old boss but your new boss.

patman post

Quote from: Sheepy on August 06, 2022, 11:46:41 AM
It really shouldn't matter, some of the brightest people on the planet have pointed out it was massively flawed and was not based on any facts. Once they were pointed out they had to back off.
Who and what is/are they...?

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on August 05, 2022, 07:23:26 PM
As a non-medical poster, I would find it useful if you would explain, simply, what you understand the link you've posted to mean...

It really shouldn't matter, some of the brightest people on the planet have pointed out it was massively flawed and was not based on any facts. Once they were pointed out they had to back off.

patman post

Quote from: Scott777 on August 05, 2022, 06:41:50 PM
Well, the official clinical trials do not agree.  The AZ is still experimental until Feb 2023, and that includes the study of adverse events.  I'm not sure how effort and money relate to that fact.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04516746?term=AZD1222&draw=2

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on August 05, 2022, 05:22:05 PM
Is that because you think it's nonsense or you disagree?

It may be because the trials say it's nonsense (as per my last post).
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on August 05, 2022, 03:54:02 PM

I don't believe that to be the case (if Covid and its treatments is what's being scrutinised here).

There doesn't seem to be much doubt about the effort and money poured into researching and combatting the virus since the outbreak first became widely visible.

And I would hope actions and treatments were altered and improved as experience of the disease was gained. But I wouldn't class that as experimental...

Well, the official clinical trials do not agree.  The AZ is still experimental until Feb 2023, and that includes the study of adverse events.  I'm not sure how effort and money relate to that fact.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04516746?term=AZD1222&draw=2

Sheepy

I don't believe that to be the case (if Covid and its treatments is what's being scrutinised here).

There doesn't seem to be much doubt about the effort and money poured into researching and combatting the virus since the outbreak first became widely visible.

And I would hope actions and treatments were altered and improved as experience of the disease was gained. But I wouldn't class that as experimental...

Sure, but I believe we are constantly under attack by a global cartel of fascism, hence global pandemic, global warming and global recessions. The clue might be in the global bit. I am not particularly bothered by you will have nothing and be happy, if it of course includes them, but I get the feeling that isn't who they mean.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on August 05, 2022, 03:56:35 PM
Another post showing your opinion is worthless, in my opinion, of course.
Is that because you think it's nonsense or you disagree?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Another post showing your opinion is worthless, in my opinion, of course.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

There doesn't seem to be much doubt about the effort and money poured into researching and combatting the virus since the outbreak first became widely visible.

And I would hope actions and treatments were altered and improved as experience of the disease was gained. But I wouldn't class that as experimental...

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 05, 2022, 03:34:54 PM
Actuall it does imo,if you expect people not to  behave as you cited.
Actually it doesn't , in my opinion, because Scott was replying to a nonsense post by PP.
† The end is nigh †