We have been part of an experiment

Started by Sheepy, August 11, 2021, 10:03:37 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on September 03, 2021, 06:51:32 PM
I was with some friends today who we've not seen for a while and they can't wait to get their booster jab.
They want the AZ booster jab, but when I informed them it's Pfizer or Moderna they said anything will do.
I can't believe how much people trust the vaccines, when two doses have not stopped them catching or transmitting, or dying with the Delta version.
Yesterday I was talking with a couple of friends and one is off to Portugal in a couple of weeks, he doesn't need proof of a jab, another chirped up if he hasn't had the jab, he shouldn't be allowed a passport, so he said, what do you reckon about that, so I just said I ain't playing their game, which the guy who is going Portugal said, same as that.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

I was with some friends today who we've not seen for a while and they can't wait to get their booster jab.
They want the AZ booster jab, but when I informed them it's Pfizer or Moderna they said anything will do.
I can't believe how much people trust the vaccines, when two doses have not stopped them catching or transmitting, or dying with the Delta version.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Barry

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/592632

QuotePetition
Repeal the Coronavirus Act
The powers given to the UK Government under the Coronavirus Act have gone on too long and has greatly affected many people's lives and the economics of this country. The restrictions that have been put in place under these powers should be ended by repealing this Act in its entirety.
I've signed it. However, even if they repeal it, they can bring it back again with a new vote. They'll do as they like.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 20, 2021, 01:44:06 PM
So let's say, I took Boris at his word

If you did, I would have concerns about your sanity.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

So let's say, I took Boris at his word at the beginning of all this and knew something about this whole virus thingy was being covered up while Boris was saying the only thing he could say was people will die, but he didn't mention how many would die because he didn't know. So either Boris knew something we didn't know all along or he was trying to stick a tail on the donkey. Which I sarcastically said how what a wonderful thing it was that a vaccine could be produced in record time when we couldn't find a cure for the common cold which the virus is carried as part of. I also pointed out how the Chinese New Year went ahead even though the Chinese government knew about the virus, now I cannot say for certain they knew because they released it and have created a chaotic environment where big Pharma have made zillions and they themselves have also made zillions delivering PPE. While at the same time our politicians have become more and more authoritarian about the whole way of governing over people from ivory towers. Just something to chew over as they milk the next big outbreak.

Barry

Dr Michael Ryan of the WHO says giving booster jabs to people already jabbed is like giving extra lifejackets to some while leaving those in poor countries to drown.

Today the government are going down the booster line, which would be the more expensive Pfizer jab, hoping that the JVCI will come up with some evidence that a booster is necessary, which it isn't, except to increase the profits of the pharmaceutical companies and the people taking back handers.

If the third world need a jab, they can have mine.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on August 20, 2021, 01:21:01 PM
Ah, but if your house is on fire you don't make a fuss about the fire engines parking on yellow lines.

That did not deter a traffic warden in the nearest town to where I live a few years ago.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on August 20, 2021, 01:21:01 PM
Ah, but if your house is burning down, you don't make a fuss about the fire engines parking on yellow lines.
You forgot to mention the last bit, it is still more of a choice than you have been given.

HDQQ

Quote from: Sheepy on August 20, 2021, 01:12:25 PM
Listen up ducky, If I am going to drag somebody's backside from the fire it is because they are worth bothering with because if we took certain people's attitude nobody would even get to the bottom of anything and we would all be in the fire with them. So, if you want to dance in the flames and tell us everything is all good although a little warm, carry on, it won't make a blind bit of difference.

Ah, but if your house is on fire you don't make a fuss about the fire engines parking on yellow lines.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on August 20, 2021, 01:00:09 PM
If indeed I have been part of an experiment, I'm quite comfortable with being part of an experiment that has saved tens of thousands of lives.

Something that occurred to me this morning . . . .

The anti-vaxers, conspiracy theorists, needle-phobic toughguys and people who say covid is a hoax can be proved wrong by evidence that is abundantly clear to any thinking person.

More difficult are the people whose attitude is 'if you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it, we all have to die sometime'. I mean people who do understand the dangers but have a different take on risking their own lives and those of others.
Listen up ducky, If I am going to drag somebody's backside from the fire it is because they are worth bothering with because if we took certain people's attitude nobody would even get to the bottom of anything and we would all be in the fire with them. So, if you want to dance in the flames and tell us everything is all good although a little warm, carry on, it won't make a blind bit of difference.
Which by the way is more of a choice than you were given and have avoided admitting it.

HDQQ

If indeed I have been part of an experiment, I'm quite comfortable with being part of an experiment that has saved tens of thousands of lives.

Something that occurred to me this morning . . . .

The anti-vaxers, conspiracy theorists, needle-phobic toughguys and people who say covid is a hoax can be proved wrong by evidence that is abundantly clear to any thinking person.

More difficult are the people whose attitude is 'if you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it, we all have to die sometime'. I mean people who do understand the dangers but have a different take on risking their own lives and those of others.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Scott777

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 17, 2021, 10:05:25 AM

What's this Tw** all about then ? Are there no words these days ?
Updated just for you.  Yes, I'm speechless after your comment.  Why a tw**?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on August 17, 2021, 09:34:40 AM
Professor Christian Perrone, University of Versailles-St Quentin, tropical pathologies and emerging infectious diseases.

What's this T@@@ all about then ? Are there no words these days ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

Professor Christian Perrone, University of Versailles-St Quentin, tropical pathologies and emerging infectious diseases.

'Vaccinated are a risk, due to spreading new variants - should be isolated'.

https://twitter.com/Scott46198555/status/1427550242837311506
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.