Nick wants another lockdown...

Started by Barry, August 26, 2021, 09:09:28 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on December 20, 2021, 05:21:13 PM
Utter rubbish.  All you need to do is provide the evidence.
That already has been provided.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2021, 03:24:58 PM
It isn't misinformation, 75% of those in hospital are unvaccinated. Somethings are true whether you believe them or not.

Utter rubbish.  All you need to do is provide the evidence.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: HDQQ on December 20, 2021, 01:48:06 PM
The scientists are saying another lockdown is needed. Other countries are imposing lockdowns. Austria was one of the first to do so in the latest wave and they have seen a reduction in cases that's just as dramatic as rise that preceded it. The one thing that has been absolutely clear almost from the start of the pandemic is that reducing contact between people reduces the spread of infection.

We need another lockdown here, now, to minimise the level of serious illness and save lives.

Yeah yeah yeah, what's new?  Except we are still talking about a cold.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

johnofgwent

The scientists are saying another lockdown is needed. Other countries are imposing lockdowns. Austria was one of the first to do so in the latest wave and they have seen a reduction in cases that's just as dramatic as rise that preceded it. The one thing that has been absolutely clear almost from the start of the pandemic is that reducing contact between people reduces the spread of infection.

We need another lockdown here, now, to minimise the level of serious illness and save lives.

Now the situation is complicated by the government's hypocrisy over the Christmas parties last year. But people shouldn't be tempted by the "Why should we obey their rules if they break them themselves?" cop-out because obeying the rules is the safe thing to do and behaving like Johnson's lot did is not the safe thing to do.

Anyone doubting the science of common sense should check the statistics for Austria 
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/austria/

It's apparent that Covid deaths rose considerably in Austria during the recent spike, whereas in South Africa deaths hardly increased at all during their latest spike which involved the Omicron variant. That, at least, is hopeful news although it's too early to be certain.

Well, for your assessment to be considered viable, we need to see evidence Boris's partying caused a cull of Tory MPs in excess of the winter norm.

I see no such evidence so I wonder if your assessment is remotely near reality
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on December 19, 2021, 02:26:58 PM
Still spreading misinformation, I see.  Just as a reminder, for those who continue in ignorant bliss, someone who had the jab within 14 days of hospital admission is still called unvaccinated.  Therefore, anyone getting vaccine injured within 14 days may be sent to hospital and you think that tells us something about the REAL unvaccinated.  🤣
It isn't misinformation, 75% of those in hospital are unvaccinated. Somethings are true whether you believe them or not. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Now the situation is complicated by the government's hypocrisy over the Christmas parties last year. But people shouldn't be tempted by the "Why should we obey their rules if they break them themselves?" cop-out because obeying the rules is the safe thing to do and behaving like Johnson's lot did is not the safe thing to do.

Anyone doubting the science of common sense should check the statistics for Austria 

It's apparent that Covid deaths rose considerably in Austria during the recent spike, whereas in South Africa deaths hardly increased at all during their latest spike which involved the Omicron variant. That, at least, is hopeful news although it's too early to be certain.

I certainly do doubt your version of EU common sense Ducky.
Austria To Begin Shipping Unvaxxed to Prisons - News Punch
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on December 20, 2021, 12:00:00 PM
There's a battle in the cabinet today between the lockdown fanatics and the lockdown sceptics. The fanatics are wierdo Gove and wierdo Javid.
Boris prefers the lighter touch, knowing he doesn't have the support of all MPs and has lost Lord Frost over Covid restrictions.

Looks like there will be a press conference this afternoon. We'll see who has won.

What Lord Frost needed was a boost that others knew what has been going on, it wasn't so well hidden as they thought, along with a hundred or so MP's saying whoa hold on a minute this isn't what anyone voted for and we aren't actually representing anyone but the global cartel. 

Barry

There's a battle in the cabinet today between the lockdown fanatics and the lockdown sceptics. The fanatics are wierdo Gove and wierdo Javid.
Boris prefers the lighter touch, knowing he doesn't have the support of all MPs and has lost Lord Frost over Covid restrictions.

Looks like there will be a press conference this afternoon. We'll see who has won.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 20, 2021, 10:52:57 AM

In that case Smurphy I would sack all those social psychologists who are in your head and intend on staying there.
I studied social "science" at degree level and now have a far worse opinion of it than I did before.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 07:16:51 AM
When you use the Daily Heil as a reference you lose any credibility. Plus the Great Barrington Declaration was signed in America.
Conservative peer Lord Frost also offered an insight into the mood of some within the Cabinet after stating he quit as Brexit minister over the weekend because "I don't support coercive policies on Covid".

In that case Smurphy I would sack all those social psychologists who are in your head and intend on staying there. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on December 20, 2021, 12:32:17 AM
"Emails show how Fauci and head of NIH worked to discredit three experts who penned the Great Barrington Declaration which called for an end to lockdowns"

The sustained attack against anyone who criticises lockdown, masks or vaccines is slowly being exposed, and the narrative continues to fall apart, and yet the cultists remain ignorant and blinded by the lies.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10324873/Emails-reveal-Fauci-head-NIH-colluded-try-smear-experts-called-end-lockdowns.html
When you use the Daily Heil as a reference you lose any credibility. Plus the  Great Barrington Declaration was signed in America.

Scott777

"Emails show how Fauci and head of NIH worked to discredit three experts who penned the Great Barrington Declaration which called for an end to lockdowns"

The sustained attack against anyone who criticises lockdown, masks or vaccines is slowly being exposed, and the narrative continues to fall apart, and yet the cultists remain ignorant and blinded by the lies.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10324873/Emails-reveal-Fauci-head-NIH-colluded-try-smear-experts-called-end-lockdowns.html

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on December 19, 2021, 07:17:05 PM
Oh well, it's lucky I'm not an anti-vaxxer then. 
You come across as a particularly rabid anti-vaxxer.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2021, 06:47:15 PM
Scott that is the official data, it is YOU who keeps posting fake news.  Anti-vaxxers are a danger to society.

Oh well, it's lucky I'm not an anti-vaxxer then.  I have no opinion on the many other vaccines that exist.  But you are a spreader of propaganda, and your links are not worth the computer space they are stored in.

Edit - T00ts