How about moving offending threads to the Chat Box?

Started by Borchester, September 15, 2021, 08:59:22 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 16, 2021, 10:36:04 AM

A quick point on this. EVERY member with a live email address got that message,

I didn't.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2021, 11:58:27 AM
Tarn was never banned it was an error

A quick point on this. EVERY member with a live email address got that message, i had to look hard for mine but finally found it buried under a heap of junk mail ! As said, it was an error made when setting up the forum.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 16, 2021, 10:31:56 AM

Dear Mods and Admins. As a former admin of my own forum, please make Toots a mod for a week so she can see how much fun it is. Ok I'll shut up now

;D ;D ;D Dancing Dancing Dancing First giggle of the day!

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2021, 11:26:17 AM
Why deprive the Mods of their function? Weren't they complaining recently how dull everything was. Have a heart!  Dancing

Dear Mods and Admins. As a former admin of my own forum, please make Toots a mod for a week so she can see how much fun it is. Ok I'll shut up now
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 16, 2021, 10:24:58 AM
Yes it does. Here are some examples:

None of those are spam. The are many issues I would like to respond to but cannot because I would be banned. (Based on past experience.)

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 16, 2021, 08:47:49 AM
None of that applies to me.
Yes it does. Here are some examples:

Quote from: papasmurf on September 16, 2021, 08:30:29 AM
Not as odious as you are.

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 07:46:15 PM
There aren't any.

In an article on health insurance:
Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 05:46:08 PM
I went to Wales once, once was enough.

In a thread about GB car plate being outdated:
Quote from: papasmurf on September 06, 2021, 08:41:43 AM
I blame Bojo-The-Clown for the ever deeper poo the country is sinking into. Several converging crises and he appears to be doing nothing about them.
Then there's the I would comment but:
Quote from: papasmurf on August 31, 2021, 10:38:23 AM
I deliberately avoided it, for reasons I won't comment on or I would get a torrent of abuse.
Here's one of my favourites for banal
Quote from: papasmurf on July 18, 2021, 06:39:06 PM
I was going to respond to that, but I don't want to get banned.
https://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/120392/security/forum_spamming.html
When a user or a forum spammer posts a message that is not related to the topic or does not contribute to the discussion.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2021, 11:08:59 AM
Why not just shut the eff up with the gratuitous insults and treat this place like a grown up debating forum and not a school playground, and there will be no problems with any threads. That applies to everyone including me.

Can we not meet in the middle?

You can be mature and sensible and I will carry on being me.

You can't say fairer than that.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 15, 2021, 06:23:11 PM
It's  the constant spamming and taking threads off topic with a reply to 3 words quoted out of context from a post which annoys me. But we have been very liberal lately.

I only quote what I wish to respond to and I do not do spamming.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 06:11:05 PM
I only attack when attacked, not before.
It's  the constant spamming and taking threads off topic with a reply to 3 words quoted out of context from a post which annoys me. But we have been very liberal lately.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 06:11:05 PM

You incessantly troll threads , you lie misrepresent and constantly report , in short you offer nothing zero zilch nada to this forum or any other that ive been on.

...and still you moan?

As for attacking dont make me laugh. Its all in your mind ,that you are some lemmy kilminster type hard man biker  , but in reality as borchester points out first sign of trouble and you are off runing in terror.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2021, 06:09:48 PM
people do to you as you do to others .

You like to dish it out but can't take it .

No one takes you serious , never mind your childish puerile threats , and the mods i say again have been more than foair to you over the years with little in the way of thanks for looking after you.

As i said you are lucky this isnt my feckin gig on here , or you would be off this forum toot suite.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 06:01:05 PM
When people continually harass, bully, insult and lie about me and the moderators do eff all about it, complaining to service provider and taking legal action are the only alternatives left.

people do to you as you do to others .

You like to dish it out but cant take it .

No one takes you serious , never mind your childish puerile threats , and the mods i say again have been more than foair to you over the years with little in the way of thanks for looking after you.

As i said you are lucky this isnt my feckin gig on here , or you would be off this forum toot suite.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2021, 05:51:10 PM
One of the bans as i recal was for threatening legal action to forum poster major sinic , and when you were asked politely on numerous occassions to desist , you refused and were banned .

When people continually harass, bully, insult and lie about me and the moderators do eff all about it, complaining to service provider and taking legal action are the only alternatives left.