Out of the frying pan...UK/EU/USA

Started by T00ts, September 22, 2021, 09:27:20 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2021, 09:27:20 AM
Boris is all smiles at the White House. Happiness is apparently in the hands of the USA once again as we laud Aukus and help pull a fast one on poor little Macron but did we leave the EU to jump into bed with the USA?

Biden romanticises his Irish roots and many Americans fantasise at having ancient roots across the Atlantic so that here we are being held to the fire over the ongoing problems with the EU and the Irish protocol. We are told like subordinates in the office that we can't have a deal until/unless we honour Ireland.

Why? Why should we be seen to kowtow to American sentiment? Was it Obama who had the temerity to 'advise' us on how to vote in the Brexit debate? Blair followed the US like a little puppy dog let's not get duped again.
Thanks for the diversion. (NOT!)
Now this is what the topic is about.

I think we already honour Ireland enough. We give their citizens the same rights as ours, including voting rights if the live in the UK.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 23, 2021, 07:36:36 AM
Spaffwaffle = Boris Johnson, aka Bozo.
Sir Wet Lettuce = Keir Starmer

Thank you.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2021, 12:06:26 PM
More personal insults after I politely asked for an explanation. Frankly there is no need to be so ******* nasty.
Also I suspect a select few know who you are commenting about.
Spaffwaffle = Boris Johnson, aka Bozo.
Sir Wet Lettuce = Keir Starmer
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2021, 11:10:32 AM
When I talk of Spaffwaffle versus Sir Wet Luttuce, everyone but those who are utterly stupid or merely pretending to be understands whom I am talking about. If anyone else out there does not know whom Spaffwaffle or Sir Wet Lettuce are, speak up now.

Can't say that I do to be honest Steve.  They aren't the leaders of some damn your eyes and follow me party that you joined when you decided that the working class had betrayed the working class and WHAT THIS COUNTRY NEEDS IS STRONG LEADERSHIP AND DISCIPLINE ! are they?

Yes? Thought so.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2021, 12:37:26 PM
Beloved? I wouldn't go that far. I see the faults but there is no credible alternative that is worth my vote. You of all people know that I am not easily swayed   Dancing Dancing.
You might be right, but it's like trying to choose between different flavours of dog poo. The answer to that is my recently spoilt ballot papers.

I wonder what Boris will be saying next. That he has saved the world for future generations, after putting the current ones in danger of freezing to death?
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on September 22, 2021, 11:53:15 AM
Sounds like you've already decided there's no other way than your beloved Tories.
I used to think the same.

Beloved? I wouldn't go that far. I see the faults but there is no credible alternative that is worth my vote. You of all people know that I am not easily swayed   Dancing Dancing.

johnofgwent

When I talk of Spaffwaffle versus Sir Wet Luttuce, everyone but those who are utterly stupid or merely pretending to be understands whom I am talking about. If anyone else out there does not know whom Spaffwaffle or Sir Wet Lettuce are, speak up now.

I had assumed the one was Starmer and the other Boris ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

When I talk of Spaffwaffle versus Sir Wet Luttuce, everyone but those who are utterly stupid or merely pretending to be understands whom I am talking about.

More personal insults after I politely asked for an explanation. Frankly there is no need to be so ******* nasty.
Also I suspect a select few know who you are commenting about.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2021, 11:36:42 AMand don't anyone start telling me to go to a referendum party.
Sounds like you've already decided there's no other way than your beloved Tories.
I used to think the same.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2021, 11:36:42 AMand don't anyone start telling me to go to a referendum party.
If you could point out where anyone has told you that you should might be helpful, as you seem to have all the answers.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on September 22, 2021, 11:19:00 AM

We should NOT be kowtowing to the Yanks. That has caused enough trouble in the past. We need our own clear leadership, which is a joke at the moment, with Spaffwaffle Uturns at the helm.

That's as may be but show me someone better right now. I doubt him in many ways but look as I might I can't see any backbone anywhere in the House of Commons - and don't anyone start telling me to go to a referendum party.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on September 22, 2021, 10:59:28 AM
I would hazard a guess Steve everybody but Smurf knows exactly what or who you mean.

These question are a hobby of his......an annoying one.
Smurf knows how to be annoying and divert any thread that shows Labour up in a bad light. T00ts will be tearing her hair out.

We should NOT be kowtowing to the Yanks. That has caused enough trouble in the past. We need our own clear leadership, which is a joke at the moment, with Spaffwaffle Uturns at the helm.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2021, 11:06:53 AM
I would hazard guess that they don't as they are not despite what you think in common usage.

Well, looking at the news headlines I suspect one is a reference to the Zionist who has replaced Corbyn and the other has a bad haircut.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2021, 11:06:53 AM
I would hazard guess that they don't as they are not despite what you think in common usage.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 22, 2021, 10:59:28 AM
I would hazard a guess Steve everybody but Smurf knows exactly what or who you mean.

These question are a hobby of his......an annoying one.