Main Menu

BP rationing

Started by T00ts, September 23, 2021, 03:40:29 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 23, 2021, 04:47:24 PM
Not with petrol tanker drivers. (Esso and Tesco have just announced problems as well.)

I am puzzled about a shortage of petrol tanker drivers, it is one of those jobs where normally a driver has to die or retire before there is a vacancy.
Not since they've been contracted out.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 23, 2021, 04:41:59 PM
I know it might be slightly dangerous, but the driver's hours regs probably need to be relaxed a bit to get the jobs done.

Not with petrol tanker drivers. (Esso and Tesco have just announced problems as well.)

I am puzzled about a shortage of petrol tanker drivers, it is one of those jobs where normally a driver has to die or retire before there is a vacancy.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

I know it might be slightly dangerous, but the driver's hours regs probably need to be relaxed a bit to get the jobs done.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 23, 2021, 03:40:29 PM

So where are all those troops who are very able HGV drivers? At what point is anyone actually going to be proactive?

There are only 2000 squaddies with HGV licences.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

So now we hear that BP are rationing fuel at the pumps. Why? Apparently a shortage of drivers. So now the lack of drivers is affecting just about everything. There was talk a while back that the troops would be involved. That was when the supermarkets were warning of the problems. Nothing happened.
Now perhaps while BJ is on his 'Kermit the easy Green' kick his focus has moved away from the supermarket isles or now he has a constant chauffeur and doesn't need to look for fuel he has let this task slip to one of his minions who have recently revealed how lacking they mostly are in the common sense stakes.

So where are all those troops who are very able HGV drivers? At what point is anyone actually going to be proactive?