Main Menu

No deal?

Started by T00ts, December 13, 2019, 08:14:34 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT post_id=9603 time=1576229737 user_id=61
 I'm bewildered how Johnson got such a majority in England, the man has no redeeming qualities and a man that can't be trusted.

FFS gerry why?

Do you not listen to what people tell you  or read posts?

They have been telling you they want brexit , and you ignore them telling them all in return time to pipe down sassunachs , and get back to your senses.

what type of political debate is that?

There is no bewilderment about it gerry , england wanted brexit and voted for a man and party who promised to deliver it. You in turn ignored what was being said , went into denial and believed the shite beeleeb javert and conor wrote instead.

thats called burying your head in the sand mate.

Quote I can sense your a happy man today

no gerry im more optimistic . I wont be happy til we are out this despicable union .

until then , the slog continues.

ding ding round two.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Barry post_id=9584 time=1576227475 user_id=51
I'm not sure if it will end up as no trade deal. Possibly, if the EU try to insist on free movement.

What I do know is that I can now foresee the fat lady singing.

Were the EU insisting on free movement ? I don't think they were. From memory the EU wanted to secure the future of EU nationals that are currenty living and working in the UK, people that could be living and working in communities all across the UK for the past decades. Windrush comes to mind and what might happen to these people if some protection is not put in place, thankfully the EU will consider these peoples future.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas post_id=9576 time=1576226966 user_id=58
Dunno gerry  , but its no longer your concern a charaid.

Time to concentrate welcoming your northern brethern back into the fold , and preparing for the break up of the uk as it stands.

As for brexit and england , we should be helping our neighbours negotiate a path they want to take in leaving the eu i say.

better to be independent friends and neighbours helping each other out where we can than be rats fighting in a sack.

The english remain argument has been put to the sword yet again , england now has a clear and unequivocal mandate to brexit how it pleases.

The SNP did well and the likelihood of a new independence vote in Scotland looks much more likely. I'm bewildered how Johnson got such a majority in England, the man has no redeeming qualities and a man that can't be trusted. But it's what they want and that decision is now without question so whatever he does is what the English deserve. I'm not sure the Welsh, Scots or NI deserve the same faith.

I'd happily see the unification of IRL but I would like to see that happen with a majority of both communities in NI wanting it. That is something I can see happen as I suspect Johnson will shaft NI, time will tell. I can sense your a happy man today  :D

Thomas

I'm not sure if it will end up as no trade deal. Possibly, if the EU try to insist on free movement.

i havent seen any inclination that the eu stance on the four freedoms has changed one iota barry.

We will see over the coming weeks and months though how that pans out , but again i think any real cave in by the eu over the integrity of the single market would very likely see the complete cave in of the european union as every country left and wanted their cake and eat it over trade.

Johnson and the tories say they want some sort of a deal , so we will have to see what happens.

meanwhile i would say despite the thumping win in england and wales , ( congratulations to the tories on a well fought campaign) johnson has a massive fight on the home front on his hands now.

It may well go back to what i said in the beginning in 2016 , to get brexit , england might have to shed the union.

Up till now , i as a democrat have supported the right of the english people to brexit as they have repeatedly mandated their politicians to do so.

this is now the point where we part company , as yet again british unionism  , english conservatism , and brexit has been massively defeated in scotland , with northern ireland not far behind.

You have put the anglo remainers to the sword , but havent defeated the irish or scottish remainers.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=9585 time=1576227723 user_id=54
 She just may lie down.

And get shafted by Boris Johnson
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

The position we were in for the last 3 years the EU must have had a serious hope that we would do the proverbial E-U turn like others before us. Now they can be in little doubt. The silent fat lady has had the shakes for a while but let's see if she even has sufficient strength for a complete aria. She just may lie down.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=9576 time=1576226966 user_id=58

Time to concentrate welcoming your northern brethern back into the fold , and preparing for the break up of the uk as it stands.

As for brexit and england , we should be helping our neighbours negotiate a path they want to take in leaving the eu i say.

better to be independent friends and neighbours helping each other out where we can than be rats fighting in a sack.

The english remain argument has been put to the sword yet again , england now has a clear and unequivocal mandate to brexit how it pleases.

:hattip

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT post_id=9572 time=1576226712 user_id=61
 so who's wetting themselves ?

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT post_id=9572 time=1576226712 user_id=61
It is a resounding majority for Johnson but god only knows what he will do, I doubt he even knows. I'd pay little attention to what he says, as a consummate liar we can only judge what he does and not what he says.

Quite. The people who voted for him will get what they deserve.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts post_id=9556 time=1576224874 user_id=54
In theory with such a large majority BJ could now simply bring us out with no deal. I just wonder if he will be tempted. The EU must be wetting themselves and they are all together at the moment aren't they?

It is a resounding majority for Johnson but god only knows what he will do, I doubt he even knows. I'd pay little attention to what he says, as a consummate liar we can only judge what he does and not what he says. But thankfully he has a strong majority, so dissenters in his party probably won't be able to swing a hung parliament. There's been dithering, indecision for 2 yrs so now at least the UK can get something done.

As for the EU wetting themselves I don't thing their position changes, their in the driving seat regarding a future relationship and if the UK leaves without securing a deal then that task will only become far more difficult for the UK at that point, why would the EU be wetting themselves, 8% of EU exports goes to the UK while over 40% of UK exports goes to the EU, so who's wetting themselves ?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=9556 time=1576224874 user_id=54
In theory with such a large majority BJ could now simply bring us out with no deal. I just wonder if he will be tempted. The EU must be wetting themselves and they are all together at the moment aren't they?

It will be no deal in a years time.

T00ts