Bob the billionaire.

Started by Nalaar, October 21, 2021, 11:09:36 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 22, 2021, 01:23:30 PM
I think euthanasia should be legal.

To put it in more general terms - two persons who are sound of mind should be able to consent to a contact with each other without third parties interference.
That is wrong on just so many fronts. 

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 22, 2021, 11:37:30 AM
You think it should be legal?

Sorry Nalaar I think you've lost all moral reasoning.

How about the same type of scenario but you agree the money go to your family and you be euthanised? 

I think euthanasia should be legal.

To put it in more general terms - two persons who are sound of mind should be able to consent to a contract with each other without third parties interference.
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on October 22, 2021, 11:10:48 AM
No.
Regardless of the natures of bobs intentions I think that if both parties involved are willing and sound of mind then the scenario should be legal.
You think it should be legal?

Sorry Nalaar I think you've lost all moral reasoning.

How about the same type of scenario but you agree the money go to your family and you be euthanised?  
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 22, 2021, 11:03:21 AM
Seems fair to me,only a billionaire would be so devastated by being made penniless in such a way.

What would you like for him chains and a good whipping?
No.
Regardless of the natures of bobs intentions I think that if both parties involved are willing and sound of mind then the scenario should be legal. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on October 22, 2021, 10:48:33 AM
You think it should be illegal but only punishable by fines?
Seems fair to me,only a billionaire would be so devastated by being made penniless in such a way.

What would you like for him chains and a good whipping?

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 22, 2021, 10:24:40 AM
I would encourage as many black people to sign up,then I'd fine this reptile £100000 for each one till he's penniless. :)
You think it should be illegal but only punishable by fines?

cromwell

I would encourage as many black people to sign up,then I'd fine this reptile £100000 for each one till he's penniless. :)

johnofgwent

Sounds fine to me. Except he should agree to pay off their student debt too. Are you thinking of applying.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: Nalaar on October 21, 2021, 11:09:36 PM
The scenario is such;

Bob is a billionaire.
Bob is white.
Bob is a racist.

Bob makes the following offer to all non-white citizens in his country aged 18-30 - If they prove themselves to be sound of mind via a psychiatric evaluation, and they agree to be irreversibly sterilised (all paid for by Bob) then he will award them a £100,000 lump sum payment.

Should this be legal, or illegal?
It is obviously morally onjectionable on so many levels. And a rather unlikely scenario to base it upon. Most racists do not gamble big bucks on their troglodyte beliefs.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nalaar

The scenario is such;

Bob is a billionaire.
Bob is white.
Bob is a racist.

Bob makes the following offer to all non-white citizens in his country aged 18-30 - If they prove themselves to be sound of mind via a psychiatric evaluation, and they agree to be irreversibly sterilised (all paid for by Bob) then he will award them a £100,000 lump sum payment.

Should this be legal, or illegal?