Lions, Tigers and Bears oh my.

Started by Nick, November 06, 2021, 02:00:32 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 07, 2021, 12:42:46 PM
Pretty much the case. Boris has been caught out over this GOP26 business and can do without getting sucked into the endless problems of Ulster as well. So he will leave the problem in the care of time.
yep , plot a course down the middle road and the path of least resistance.

I think the DUP are going to get hammered at the next northern irish election , and that the irish will vote to retain the protocol , then johnson and his party can simply say democracy has been served its their choice , and wash their hands of it.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 07, 2021, 10:09:39 AM
I said before , i think this will be left as it is till the northern irish get to review and vote on keeping or ditching the protocol , and then johnson and the tory government can pass the buck over to them and blame the irish either way.

Pretty much the case. Boris has been caught out over this GOP26 business and can do without getting sucked into the endless problems of Ulster as well. So he will leave the problem in the care of time.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 07, 2021, 09:42:57 AM
And your link is?  :)
How did we yet again get from talking about the northern ireland protocol to demanding a link from pappy  on some obscure subject to prove yet more of his lies?:D

Getting back to triggering article 16 and the protocol , there doesnt appear any need for the tories to trigger article 16 as the recent liverpool university survey showed , the vast majority in northern ireland are supportive of the protocol and have a willingness to support both the uk government and the EU in trying to find pragmatic solutions to any perceived problems the protocol is bringing.

Professor Peter Shirlow Director of the Institute of Irish Studies, who led the study, commented,
Quote'It is evident that respondents seek proportionality in North-South and East-West trade relationships. There is no evidence here of mass rejection, even among unionists, of the mitigations/easements advanced by the EU. Similarly, there is no nationalist/republican rejection of key UK government proposals. This is not what is assumed within media and political commentary.'
I think its sabre rattling , a bit of small noise and the ususal subjects ( gerry for example among others) jumping on the back of issues to stab the uk in the back for daring to leave the EU.

I said before , i think this will be left as it is till the northern irish get to review and vote on keeping or ditching the protocol , and then johnson and the tory government can pass the buck over to them and blame the irish either way.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 07, 2021, 09:30:00 AM
Cor Blimey  sake Cromwell, CE markings a legal requirement in the construction and use manual and MOT testing.
It is an MOT fail if lights and indicators are not CE marked.
And your link is?  :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 07, 2021, 09:05:24 AM
Link?
FFS sake Cromwell, CE markings a legal requirement in the construction and use manual and MOT testing.
It is an MOT fail if lights and indicators are not CE marked.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 07, 2021, 08:27:02 AM
Really, currently a non CE mark on some car parts is an MOT failure.
Link?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 06, 2021, 05:26:22 PM
CE is advisory and has always been part of their protection racket mechanism.
Really, currently a non CE mark on some car parts is an MOT failure.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on November 06, 2021, 11:39:56 AM
The DUP do not represent the majority in NI, their a shrinking minority party. This better explains what the political parties in NI think
https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1456358162706096131?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1456358162706096131%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fdiscussion%2F2058150676%2Fbrexit-discussion-thread-xiv-please-read-op-before-posting%2Fp344

If Art16 is triggered then there will be checks NI to IRL, that will be far more damaging to NI economy than what's currently happening, JOhnson doesn't care about that, he only cares that NI can be used as a case to show how poor GB is doing post brexit as NI hasn't seen the same level of disruption or economic hit. It's a big red flag being waved in his face every day and as time goes on it will be pointed out to him. He needs NI to be doing as poorly as GB so he can continue his propaganda that brexit is great.
yawn yawn and double yawn.

It really is same shit different day.

Whilst the protocol remains , it obviously makes the uk government look bad to unionists , and im talking about unionists across the uk , and undermines their brexit woz a uk vote so the uk has to leave mantra.

If the protocol is ripped up , nationalists start the next stage of the troubles.

If only there was a way that someone could suggest to put this to bed once and for all?::)

I fink auld borkie hit the nail on the head......

QuoteIn short, nothing will happen and will take forever to do so.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 06, 2021, 11:49:35 AM
It will soon become obvious to all,  when all these impending regulations Bojo-The-Clown signed for without reading are put into place that Brexit is a disaster:-

January 2022 full customs regime comes into force, option for delayed customs declaration ends.
(That could get interesting 8 weeks away and no infrastructure at the ports or staff to carry out the inspections.)
1st July 2022 Stricter rules come in for animal and dairy products including and thing that contains them, including health certification.
Physical checks at border for animal products and plants including fruit and veg.
January 2023 UK grace period ends on CE markings ends, products must be tested under new UKCA certification
31st December 2024 Deadline for the first "consent" vote in the Northern Ireland Assembly to approve Northern Ireland Protocol.
(That could get "interesting."
2025 Renegotiations are likely to begin as the five yearly review in the Brexit deal is reached.
CE is advisory and has always been part of their protection racket mechanism. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on November 06, 2021, 11:39:56 AMHe needs NI to be doing as poorly as GB so he can continue his propaganda that brexit is great.
It will soon become obvious to all,  when all these impending regulations Bojo-The-Clown signed for without reading are put into place that Brexit is a disaster:-

January 2022 full customs regime comes into force, option for delayed customs declaration ends.
(That could get interesting 8 weeks away and no infrastructure at the ports or staff to carry out the inspections.)
1st July 2022 Stricter rules come in for animal and dairy products including and thing that contains them, including health certification. 
Physical checks at border for animal products and plants including fruit and veg.
January 2023 UK grace period ends on CE markings ends, products must be tested under new UKCA certification
31st December 2024 Deadline for the first "consent" vote in the Northern Ireland Assembly to approve Northern Ireland Protocol. 
(That could get "interesting."
2025 Renegotiations are likely to begin as the five yearly review in the Brexit deal is reached.

GerryT

The DUP do not represent the majority in NI, their a shrinking minority party. This better explains what the political parties in NI think
https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1456358162706096131?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1456358162706096131%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fdiscussion%2F2058150676%2Fbrexit-discussion-thread-xiv-please-read-op-before-posting%2Fp344

If Art16 is triggered then there will be checks NI to IRL, that will be far more damaging to NI economy than what's currently happening, JOhnson doesn't care about that, he only cares that NI can be used as a case to show how poor GB is doing post brexit as NI hasn't seen the same level of disruption or economic hit. It's a big red flag being waved in his face every day and as time goes on it will be pointed out to him. He needs NI to be doing as poorly as GB so he can continue his propaganda that brexit is great.

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 06, 2021, 10:48:56 AM
Well, I think Borchesters concluding remarks are pretty near the reality of what will happen, but I think giving the Irish Republic a good kicking is long overdue ...

I am not entirely sure how productive that would be, but it would certainly be fun :):)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on November 06, 2021, 10:31:34 AM
According to the BBC...

"There is growing speculation that the UK is planning to use Article 16 of the Northern Ireland Protocol in the coming weeks.
The Irish government says such a move would be "reckless and irresponsible", and Maros Sefcovic has warned it could result in "serious consequences".

Ultimately, the EU could impose tariffs on UK goods - but that would only be possible after a lengthy arbitration process.
The arbitrators would first have to find that the UK is in breach of the protocol.
Then the UK would have to refuse to remedy that breach, at which point the EU could retaliate under the terms of the wider Brexit deal, the TCA.
It could require another arbitration process to rule whether the use of tariffs is proportionate retaliation."

In short, nothing will happen and will take forever to do so.

Nothing will happen cause the EU will do the 11th hour capitulation as usual. 
If they don't, the U.K. will trigger Article 16 for sure. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Well, I think Borchesters concluding remarks are pretty near the reality of what will happen, but I think giving the Irish Republic a good kicking is long overdue ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

According to the BBC...

"There is growing speculation that the UK is planning to use Article 16 of the Northern Ireland Protocol in the coming weeks.
The Irish government says such a move would be "reckless and irresponsible", and Maros Sefcovic has warned it could result in "serious consequences".

Ultimately, the EU could impose tariffs on UK goods - but that would only be possible after a lengthy arbitration process.
The arbitrators would first have to find that the UK is in breach of the protocol.
Then the UK would have to refuse to remedy that breach, at which point the EU could retaliate under the terms of the wider Brexit deal, the TCA.
It could require another arbitration process to rule whether the use of tariffs is proportionate retaliation."

In short, nothing will happen and will take forever to do so.

Algerie Francais !