Main Menu

Migrant wars

Started by cromwell, November 10, 2021, 10:47:02 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on November 27, 2021, 02:21:38 PM
Migrants couldn't get through the fence into Poland. So they are off back to Iraq.
SERIOUSLY

Well if that is the case, problem sorted.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Mod Notice

Papasmurf and Nick - please take your off topic dispute to PMs.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 27, 2021, 02:44:01 PM
The photos I took at Tesco in RedRuth you categorically state you have proof weren't taken there.
I still don't know what you are on about the picture you posted I commented about traced back to being taken in Belgium.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on November 27, 2021, 02:44:01 PM
The photos I took at Tesco in RedRuth you categorically state you have proof weren't taken there.
pappy still telling porkie pies nick? Same old same old.:D

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on November 27, 2021, 02:21:38 PM
Migrants couldn't get through the fence into Poland. So they are off back to Iraq.
And making their way to Calais 
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 23, 2021, 02:29:21 PM
What photos on the 24th of August? (I was away for several days around that time.)
The photos I took at Tesco in RedRuth you categorically state you have proof weren't taken there.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 19, 2021, 03:21:16 AM
I can't wait for this evidence, bearing in mind I took them and know where it was.
I even put a screenshot of my iPhone up with the photos on it, the one you totally ignored!
What photos on the 24th of August? (I was away for several days around that time.)

srb7677

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 21, 2021, 08:15:42 AM

It's very important to understand how the French elections work. They end up with two blokes one a lefty Tw** who has 85% of the vote and the other their nearest opponent who has 15% and they call a decider between the two.

Coming second in the first round means f**k all.
There can be many contenders in the first round but only the top two go through to the second.

This can throw up some anomalous outcomes sometimes. Like the time the two front runners were someone from the far right and a mainstream conservative, because the left was divided as well as unpopular at that time. Their system tends to punish division and force a limited choice when it comes to presidential elections, a bit like our FPTP.

Anyway, the mainstream conservative candidate won with a massive landslide because he enjoyed massive backing from the left as well as the centre plus his own natural supporters, with most of the left and centre motivated by a desire to keep the far right out.

The French could end up in a right pickle if the two that made it to the second round were someone from the far right and someone from  the far left. Which is always a possibility some day under their system.

Weimar Germany had a similar system for presidential elections, with only the top two going through to the second round. In 1932 this resulted in a second round contest between Hitler and the arch conservative Hindenburg. Hindenburg won by a large majority, mainly due to massive backing from the left. 

I tend to see this as a flawed system.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 21, 2021, 08:15:42 AM

It's very important to understand how the French elections work. They end up with two blokes one a lefty Tw** who has 85% of the vote and the other their nearest opponent who has 15% and they call a decider between the two.

I know john. Im fairly familiar with french politics.

Simply putting up a few posts concerning possible challengers to macron.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 06:26:39 PM
Bit about zemmour here....

The French Have a New Donald Trump in Eric Zemmour, the Far-Right Firebrand

A onetime fixture of an ultraconservative TV network, the would-be candidate is stoking fear and loathing across France.

Perhaps the main thing the two men share is their status as outsiders that no one took seriously until they began to get traction in national polls. In Zemmour's case, the rise has been meteoric: Credited in June with a 5.5% share of the theoretical vote, he has more than tripled that margin and now has a serious chance of facing off against President Emmanuel Macron in the runoff of France's two-round election next April. Until recently, conventional wisdom had pointed to a replay of the 2017 matchup between Macron and Marine Le Pen, of the far-right anti-immigrant National Rally (R.N.) party, who has been trying to moderate her image. But by outflanking her on the radical right—and relentlessly insisting that "Marine can't win"—Zemmour could lure a substantial number of Le Pen's 2017 voters to his camp.

Though he is not yet an official candidate, Zemmour has been sucking up all the media oxygen. He is a constant feature in TV interviews and debates. His face is emblazoned on the covers of major magazines. Crisscrossing the country on a book tour that is in fact a proto-campaign blitz, he has been drawing enthusiastic crowds at each stop—along with gaggles of sometimes violent demonstrators denouncing him as a fascist and racist.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/11/new-french-donald-trump-in-eric-zemmour-the-far-right-firebrand

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 19, 2021, 03:21:16 AM
I can't wait for this evidence, bearing in mind I took them and know where it was.
I even put a screenshot of my iPhone up with the photos on it, the one you totally ignored!
Just what are you on about? (Seriously.) Is it yet another case of your personal experience not having any relation so the national situation. The only picture I can remember tracked back to another country not even Britain.
When was the post made where is the link to it?

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on November 18, 2021, 10:27:29 PM
And the Brexit obsession in the minds of the usual suspects rumbles on, in spite of our departure.
You can see why though steve , when for example forum poster and arch remainer "gerry" keeps repeating brexit will never be over ( with the insinuation it will rumble on till the uk is dragged back in) and the constant re raking over the coals of a referendum and campaign over 5 years ago and counting.

On top of that , as you say yourself , you cant trust labour and keir starmer over the issue. So expect to hear about it for quite a few more years yet .

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2021, 02:11:12 PM
It took seconds to determine the picture was not taken in Cornwall, that is not only not funny, it was a deliberate deception.

Quote from: Nick on November 16, 2021, 01:37:29 AM
You mean these pictures that my iPhone shows where taken in Redruth on 24th August. Your denial is getting pathetic now.

Another made up screenshot from my iPad.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.