Gary's eaten my crisps .....

Started by johnofgwent, November 18, 2021, 01:11:03 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 20, 2021, 07:14:38 PM
pappy , there is no "nasty" comments on this thread. Perhaps misunderstanding ,but a lot of the comments are well meant.

The comments are very nasty and they keep coming, with  no remorse or apology, that is disgraceful.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 20, 2021, 06:46:36 PM
It is the nasty comments about a disabled child that are offensive and disgraceful. I am offended by those comments.
pappy , there is no "nasty" comments on this thread. Perhaps misunderstanding ,but a lot of the comments are well meant.

It doesnt matter if you are offended about peoples opinions , it isnt about you and your feelings. why cant you either discuss the op without ruining the thread , or keep quiet and stay away from it?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 20, 2021, 06:00:14 PM
Why can't you discuss the op without taking offence on behalf of someone else and making yet another thread all about YOU!?
It is the nasty comments about a disabled child that are offensive and disgraceful. I am offended by those comments.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 20, 2021, 05:58:40 PM
The child is disabled you have not understood about the problems at all you would rather be ignorant and nasty.
Why can't you discuss the op without taking offence on behalf of someone else and making yet another thread all about YOU!?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 20, 2021, 04:51:08 PM
Oh shut up ,Folk like you would ban dwarf throwing and take all the fun out of the Christmas season.

Anyway, the obvious solution is for the kiddie's mum to ban all heathy food and give her child endless lectures on the horrors of organic brown rice and spring water. If the little girl has any spirit she will be mainlining on tofu by the end of the week

Mod edit by Cromwell,you're better at humour Borky
The child is disabled you have not understood about the problems at all you would rather be ignorant and nasty.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on November 20, 2021, 09:01:17 AM
If you mean they are joking I very much doubt it, when it comes to being very nasty about disabled people the general public are as bad as Tory DWP ministers.

Oh shut up ,Folk like you would ban dwarf throwing and take all the fun out of the Christmas season.

Anyway, the obvious solution is for the kiddie's mum to ban all heathy food and give her child endless lectures on the horrors of organic brown rice and spring water. If the little girl has any spirit she will be mainlining on tofu by the end of the week

Mod edit by Cromwell,you're better at humour Borky
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Nalaar on November 18, 2021, 05:26:03 PM
I don't think we should be so quick to make statements about something when we know so  few details.
I think you are right there nalaar , the article is quite vague. Alternatively though , the parents just need to keep trying her with various different foods , especially the more healthy options , and eventually over the years it will pay off.

Maybe show the wee girl some you tube videos of how eating healthily is good for her , will help her and give her energy , or buying books that tell the same message , that sort of thing.

They cant just give her crisps and vitamin filled almond milk and leave it at that and give in , but as you say , we dont know the detail. Such a vague article almost mocking in headline.

The "crisp shortage" headline is obviously designed to produce  "contempt "in the reader.

I have heard of global development delay , if that whats she has  , but have never heard of this food disorder.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 19, 2021, 08:41:40 PM
You'd fall for the three card trick.
If you mean they are joking I very much doubt it, when it comes to being very nasty about disabled people the general public are as bad as Tory DWP ministers.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 18, 2021, 07:43:47 PM
Those people being nasty about what is a disabled child.
You'd fall for the three card trick. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 19, 2021, 06:48:25 PM
Very kind of you to say so Pappy.
I would use a lot worse description outside of the constraints of the forum, as would my wife.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on November 19, 2021, 04:18:51 PM

You lot a a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselves. You disgust me.

Very kind of you to say so Pappy.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 19, 2021, 03:14:34 PM
Nope, I reckon Ratcliff understands these matters better than you Pappy, which with your devotion to the truth, means that you will be the first to admit isn't difficult.
My wife a now retired SRN RSCN was the sister on a children's ward in the past. She has read the ill informed comments on this thread and I could not possibly post what she thinks about the frankly nasty bastards who have posted ill informed comments.
 You lot a a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourselves. You disgust me.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on November 19, 2021, 02:32:55 PM
You have just proven my point. You are totally ignorant on the subject of disability.

Nope, I reckon Ratcliff understands these matters better than you Pappy, which with your devotion to the truth, means that you will be the first to admit isn't difficult.

I went to see the quack recently and asked about knee replacements. I don't want them and reckon that in a few years they won't be necessary anyway. But the doctor is a decent, well meaning sort and I thought I would wind him up a bit for the good of his soul. In fact he is so decent that it took him twenty minutes to suggest that a lot of my problems arise from the fact that ah, ahem, yes well, you might consider, well, dieting? So I looked hurt and said that there comes a time in a man's life when the only thing he has to look forward to is his dinner. Then I bowed stiffly and creaked out.

When I got home Herself asked when the doctor had said and I replied that he thought I was a fat arse and it was all her fault for being such a good cook.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Ratcliff on November 19, 2021, 01:51:46 PM
I am developing a condition called McVities Digestive intake disorder (MDID). A condition that affects waist size. How do I get it registered as a disability for benefits ? Can I get a blue badge?
You have just proven my point. You are totally ignorant on the subject of disability.

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on November 19, 2021, 12:17:36 PM
I am frankly shocked at the pig ignorance on this forum being shown about disability issues. The problem being the DWP and the government shows the same ignorance.

From the news item:-
"Ava has a number of conditions, including avoidant or restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID) and a condition that affects her development."

I am developing a condition called McVities Digestive intake disorder (MDID). A condition that affects waist size. How do I get it registered as a disability for benefits ? Can I get a blue badge?