Royalty v BBC's last chance saloon.

Started by T00ts, November 22, 2021, 08:56:31 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on November 27, 2021, 03:13:17 PM
I don't think the Beeb is biased so much as desperate to hang onto its market share. The Betty Windsor show may be a bit bland but has been running for more than a thousand years and whatever is said, there will always be an audience for the gossip that is part of all family life.

The problem as I see it is Meghan. She is game enough, but she simply hasn't got the guns. So I reckon she should be given her own show. Make her Queen of Scotland with Ginger as her something or other and then see what happens.
Thinks for nanosecond.....
erm independence?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 27, 2021, 03:10:34 PM
And the comedy club is open ::)
hallowed is brilliant cromwell. He has all the petualnce of dynamis , coupled with the bad grace of goodfellow , all rolled up into one self deprecating bitter twisted remainer crying salty anti brexit tears.

Really enjoy his posts .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 27, 2021, 03:13:17 PM
I don't think the Beeb is biased so much as desperate to hang onto its market share. The Betty Windsor show may be a bit bland but has been running for more than a thousand years and whatever is said, there will always be an audience for the gossip that is part of all family life.

The problem as I see it is Meghan. She is game enough, but she simply hasn't got the guns. So I reckon she should be given her own show. Make her Queen of Scotland with Ginger as her something or other and then see what happens.
Could do borkie. We havent taken the crown off a monarch for a few years  , queen meg the first of scotland has a nice wee ring to it.

Im a republican though , so cant see it happening. The old girl cant have much time left now though , so wonder if jug ears will emulate the last charles and come close the ending the monarchy when he gets crowned?

King charles and queen camilla :D

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 22, 2021, 09:43:57 AM

Are they biased? at times yes,past their sell by date? probably and one of the main complaints is paying the licence fee.

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Thomas

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on November 27, 2021, 03:08:22 PM
Could it be Meghan Markle who is behind this new plot? As was written in the Daily Express and the Daily Mail, she is in full control of Harry now and is trying to become the next queen after Liz dies.

The woke agenda is our misfortune.
Union Flag
:D

HallowedBrexit

Could it be Meghan Markle who is behind this new plot? As was written in the Daily Express and the Daily Mail, she is in full control of Harry now and is trying to become the next queen after Liz dies.

The woke agenda is our misfortune.
Union Flag

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 27, 2021, 03:05:59 PM
Ageist Caledonian **** :D :P
If they don't have a state broadcaster they'll do their best to control the web.
They can try.

I think we have all had enough of "big government" now.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on November 27, 2021, 02:56:30 PM
Im not sure i agree with you. Certainly on the point regarding "needing a state broadcaster" , i think personally you are showing your age here cromwell if you dont mind me saying.

The trend is now moving away from watching live TV , especially mainstream tv , and in future when the kids grow up and have thier own households , they will consume media on the internet and platforms like netflix and whatever develops in future.

So what will be the actual point of a state broadcaster if no one is listening or watching? I can't honestly remember the last time we watched live TV .

The second thing that is being pointed out , by former politicians like michael portillo and many others , is that the licence fee is an outdated mode of funding that is fast drying up for the bbc.

Technology and entertainment is moving too fast for outdated concepts like the bbc , and wether anyone likes it or not ,eventually the bbc as it stands is doomed. We all know it .

The government is merely kicking the can down the road as much as it can before the inevitable happens. Live tv and especially the beebs audience is a gradually shrinking demographic of elderly .

If either one of these outdated organisations (beeb and royalty) ceased to exist tomorrow , i wouldnt bat an eyelid.
Ageist Caledonian **** :D :P
If they don't have a state broadcaster they'll do their best to control the web.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 22, 2021, 10:07:44 AM

An attack (if this is one ) on the Royal Family will as Toots suggests see them closer to the self destruct button
Fingers crossed mate.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 22, 2021, 09:43:57 AM
I have mixed feelings about the beeb,they do produce some good stuff which for reasons I don't know seem to annoy some on here when you mention that.

Are they biased? at times yes,past their sell by date? probably and one of the main complaints is paying the licence fee.

The BBC might well disappear in its present form but people should understand that one way or another there will be a state broadcaster and they will pay for it,probably indirectly.

Anyway to the Royals they are quite capable of hitting back I hear they are threatening a boycott of any cooperation with the beeb.
Im not sure i agree with you. Certainly on the point regarding "needing a state broadcaster" , i think personally you are showing your age here cromwell if you dont mind me saying.

The trend is now moving away from watching live TV , especially mainstream tv , and in future when the kids grow up and have thier own households , they will consume media on the internet and platforms like netflix and whatever develops in future.

So what will be the actual point of a state broadcaster if no one is listening or watching? I cant honestly remember the last time we watched live TV .

The second thing that is being pointed out , by former politicians like michael portillo and many others , is that the licence fee is an outdated mode of funding that is fast drying up for the bbc.

Technology and entertainment is moving too fast for outdated concepts like the bbc , and wether anyone likes it or not ,eventually the bbc as it stands is doomed. We all know it .

The government is merely kicking the can down the road as much as it can before the inevitable happens. Live tv and especially the beebs audience is a gradually shrinking demographic of elderly .

If either one of these outdated organisations (beeb and royalty) ceased to exist tomorrow , i wouldnt bat an eyelid.

cromwell

Well. My OH is a royalist and as you know me :D

Anyway she asked me to put it on iplayer,watched it with her and part 1  TBF the criticism is 90% of the media and a bit against Harry and Megs attitude.

Part2 to come.

cromwell

And big ears and Wills have boycotted them,all good stuff that's them off the Christmas card list. :D

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on November 22, 2021, 08:56:31 AM
Tonight the BBC are showing the first part of a 2 part documentary about the Royal brothers and their falling out over the last couple of years. Poor Prince Harry is not a red head for nothing and has all the markings of the typical hot head while his brother rather like his Grandmother was raised to be committed to the crown. The BBC by all accounts will not reveal their masterpiece to the Royal households which suggests that it isn't complimentary and may bring the Queen's already unhappy year to a crashing crescendo of misery.

I can't help but feel that if this is so it is pretty unfair on all counts. On a simple human level just how much is a body supposed to be able to absorb of potentially inaccurate public humiliation and just how far will the BBC go to undermine one of the prized (by some of us) institutions of both the Nation and the Commonwealth? If it is uplifting in terms of national pride then why will they not give the main characters a heads up? I can't help but feel that the BBC is showing all the signs of an institution determined to self destruct.
This is all rather ironic since the BBC is well known for it's at times almost sycophantic coverage of the monarchy. If at last it is offering a more nuanced and even critical take on it, then in this area at least it is at last doing it's job. There should be no sacred cows in a feee society. But rest assured that with the exception of the occasional thing like this, the BBC is utterly establishmentarian to it's core. Suits those who do well out of the status quo of course. Less so those who are it's victims.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

This should be viewed by the Royal Family before it is aired, in my opinion. They would then have an opportunity to be prepared for the reaction, or to litigate to prevent untruths being broadcast.
Even better, wait until the Queen has died.
† The end is nigh †