Main Menu

On a personal level

Started by Barry, November 30, 2021, 07:57:58 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on December 01, 2021, 04:38:02 PM
No, problem.  The resident can refuse help.  That's their right.  But the employer cannot sack them for that reason.
No but they can sack them for refusing the vaccine.

No I'll amend that to must.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 01, 2021, 02:55:40 PM
That particular paper is with regard to Household settings with prolonged exposer to the virus . It also mentioned somewhere that the viral load reduces quicker in vaccinated people .
Vaccinations remain an important tool in the fight against COVID ,that transmission is greater in the household is why we must continue to act responsibly when outside it . That means getting jabbed , wearing masks indoors and on transport and not kissing strangers .

Speaking of which I was visiting relatives last weekend down the coast and was introduced to nephews baby . The girl I hardly know and was unexpectedly offered the cheek kiss on leaving . I sort of went to give a peck , realised I shouldn't be ,moved my head away but stumbled forward and somehow ended  up around her neck in a vampire embrace. God knows what she thought .

Talk about Old man on tour . 
If it's true in households, then it's true outside.  There is no evidence it significantly reduces spread.  This thread is about sacking people for being unvaccinated, which has no justification.  And neither does vampirism.  😉
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on December 01, 2021, 04:38:02 PM
No, problem.  The resident can refuse help.  That's their right.  But the employer cannot sack them for that reason.
I'm not sure that's correct. Certainly companies are able to dismiss if for health and safety reasons they require vaccination. Perhaps it's different on this particular domestic level.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on December 01, 2021, 02:48:18 PM
Yes they are,you are saying a resident doesn't have the right to say "I don't want you to look after me you're not vaccinated" if you ignore them that is abusing their rights.......it's not hard to understand.

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 01, 2021, 04:23:14 PM
Sure it is, but what happens when nobody is left who cares and who is next? 
You may not have noticed but the number of unvaccinated is getting smaller and smaller. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on December 01, 2021, 03:59:17 PM
No. It is about protecting yourself from the stupid and irresponsible.

Sure it is, but what happens when nobody is left who cares and who is next? don't get me wrong if they want to go around shooting themselves in the foot carry on, there are never going to be enough psychiatrists to go around anyway, I just see it for it is, an attack on personal freedoms and eventually you will have nothing and nobody but a centralised power to answer too. You will have a state religion and will have nothing and be happy. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 01, 2021, 03:31:40 PM
No worries we get it, it is about prejudice now.
It is about protecting myself from irresponsible morons.

srb7677

Quote from: Scott777 on December 01, 2021, 09:25:42 AM
This, from someone who makes claims and won't back them up.  Try to use your brain, and look at the evidence.  The vaccine DOES NOT minimise the risk of passing on illness.  It's not rocket science.  Just stop listening to fools, propaganda and charlatans, and snap out of your psychosis.
This from a conspiracy theorist obsessive who never bores on about anything else.

I had one customer who came through my till on Monday moaning about mask wearing, convinced that the whole thing was a big scam, and believing that omicron being an anagram of moronic is proof, lol. The fact that it has been the name of a letter in the Greek alphabet for centuries is presumably irrelevent.

Such fools are beyond reasoning.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on December 01, 2021, 03:31:40 PM
No. It is about protecting yourself from the stupid and irresponsible.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 01, 2021, 03:26:50 PM
Frankly I do not want a non vaccinated person anywhere near me.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 01, 2021, 03:21:51 PM
Not the same at all
For clarity I've never said vaccination should be forced.

People have said I want to stay in my job as a carer but not be vaccinated

But you think the cared for have no right to say I don't want you caring for me you're not vaccinated is discrimination,surely it works both ways does it not?
Frankly I do not want a non vaccinated person anywhere near me. 

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on December 01, 2021, 02:58:42 PM
Some used to say, "I don't want you to look after me - you're black".
Which would be just as illogical. We are now making a new kind of ism.
Not the same at all 
For clarity I've never said vaccination should be forced.

People have said I want to stay in my job as a carer but not be vaccinated

But you think the cared for have no right to say I don't want you caring for me you're not vaccinated is discrimination,surely it works both ways does it not?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on December 01, 2021, 02:48:18 PM
Yes they are,you are saying a resident doesn't have the right to say "I don't want you to look after me you're not vaccinated" if you ignore them that is abusing their rights.......it's not hard to understand.
Some used to say, "I don't want you to look after me - you're black".
Which would be just as illogical. We are now making a new kind of ism.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on December 01, 2021, 02:55:08 PM
And why would that be,if you imply I've ever said vaccination should be forced you quote the post.

I can wait because I've never said it so I expect it will take you forever.

how does that equate to old people shooting themselves in the foot, I will never know, I guess. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on December 01, 2021, 02:15:51 PM
But you still have got it.  'Effective' does not mean you don't have it.

"SAR was not significantly higher in unvaccinated (38%, 95% CI 24–53) than fully vaccinated (25%, 18–33) household contacts."

p5/6:
https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S1473-3099%2821%2900648-4

"People inoculated against Covid-19 are just as likely to spread the delta variant of the virus to contacts in their household as those who haven't had shots, according to new research."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-28/getting-vaccinated-doesn-t-stop-people-from-spreading-delta
That particular paper is with regard to Household settings with prolonged exposer to the virus . It also mentioned somewhere that the viral load reduces quicker in vaccinated people . 
Vaccinations remain an important tool in the fight against COVID ,that transmission is greater in the household is why we must continue to act responsibly when outside it . That means getting jabbed , wearing masks indoors and on transport and not kissing strangers .

Speaking of which I was visiting relatives last weekend down the coast and was introduced to nephews baby . The girl I hardly know and was unexpectedly offered the cheek kiss on leaving . I sort of went to give a peck , realised I shouldn't be ,moved my head away but stumbled forward and somehow ended  up around her neck in a vampire embrace. God knows what she thought .

Talk about Old man on tour .