Gibs Ready

Started by Streetwalker, December 18, 2019, 03:34:49 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=10878 time=1576886842 user_id=75
They won't be fine but I appreciate leavers probably care even less about Gibraltar than they do Northern Ireland. Jusy another bit of collateral damage eh?

Not at all , I care very much about all British citizens . Though the Gibraltarians voted to remain  94% they voted a year or so before to remain British 99% .  That for me should tell our government that we need to do all that's necessary to make sure things go well for Gibraltar .

Ciaphas

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=10858 time=1576868601 user_id=53
If you knew anything about Gibraltar you would know that their priority is their status as an British overseas Territory over anything else ,the Gibraltarians hold their Britishness very dear  . Even if no consideration at all was shown ,even if we shafted them up the rear (which we would never do ),they would still find it hard to be anything other than loyal subjects of the Crown .

They certainly will not give any ground to Spain and would close that border without question if it effected their own sovereignty or their allegiance  to the United Kingdoms .

So don't feel  for them , they will be just fine .

They won't be fine but I appreciate leavers probably care even less about Gibraltar than they do Northern Ireland. Jusy another bit of collateral damage eh?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=10828 time=1576858191 user_id=75
He's just putting on a brave face and playing along with Mr Johnson's 'great deal' rhetoric because the alternative will just see what little consideration is being extended to Gibraltar withdrawn.

I really feel for Gibraltar given how vulnerable they are to the impact of Brexit, let alone a no deal Brexit.

If you knew anything about Gibraltar you would know that their priority is their status as an British overseas Territory over anything else ,the Gibraltarians hold their Britishness very dear  . Even if no consideration at all was shown ,even if we shafted them up the rear (which we would never do ),they would still find it hard to be anything other than loyal subjects of the Crown .

They certainly will not give any ground to Spain and would close that border without question if it effected their own sovereignty or their allegiance  to the United Kingdoms .

So don't feel  for them , they will be just fine .

Ciaphas

He's just putting on a brave face and playing along with Mr Johnson's 'great deal' rhetoric because the alternative will just see what little consideration is being extended to Gibraltar withdrawn.

I really feel for Gibraltar given how vulnerable they are to the impact of Brexit, let alone a no deal Brexit.

Barry

Good find, SW!  :hattip
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Chief minister of Gibraltar Fabian Picardo

http://www.gibraltarpanorama.gi/168151?format=print">http://www.gibraltarpanorama.gi/168151?format=print

Well at least one area that voted remain has got on with the job of preparing to leave . No matter what the people of Gibraltar have accepted the UK wide vote as legitimate have prepared and are ready for whatever their futures hold .

:hattip  to them ,   God save the Queen .