Dr Coetzee uk/ wider world overreacting to omicron

Started by Thomas, December 14, 2021, 08:19:54 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on December 16, 2021, 10:32:09 PM
Well if we end up going into lockdown again I'd only pay furlough to people who have had a minimum of both jabs if I were Boris.
They'd be begging to get jabbed when they run out of Stella!
Wrapped up in that is a good idea. If furlough payments were conditional upon being vaccinated, it would certainly focus minds
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Well if we end up going into lockdown again I'd only pay furlough to people who have had a minimum of both jabs if I were Boris.
They'd be begging to get jabbed when they run out of Stella!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on December 16, 2021, 07:56:30 PM
The blame is on those who do nothing either to protect themselves or others.

So should we blame people who go to large events, with their vaccine passport, and spread the bug around?  Well, we can't blame those without the passport, can we?  People who are unvaccinated are probably doing plenty to look after their health naturally.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on December 16, 2021, 10:11:59 PM
A bit of difference in being sold something you need and is worthwhile, snake oil and being conned using fear and psychological manipulation doesn't count as fair trade.
That is your take on it. I see things diametrically opposed to you.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 16, 2021, 10:03:24 PM
You really think so? Well I guess it would be great if no-one earned anything for the work they do.
A bit of difference in being sold something you need and is worthwhile, snake oil and being conned using fear and psychological manipulation doesn't count as fair trade.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on December 16, 2021, 09:47:15 PM
Politicians and international corporations for using science for its own ends and profit then?
You really think so? Well I guess it would be great if no-one earned anything for the work they do. 

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 16, 2021, 07:56:30 PM
Politicians and international corporations for using science for its own ends and profit then?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 16, 2021, 07:43:10 PM
How sad, this has all turned into a blame game. Blame the Wuhan lab. We didn't let it out.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on December 16, 2021, 05:15:29 PM
The exodus from London has started. Isn't it generous of them to want to spread it around the country?
How sad, this has all turned into a blame game. Blame the Wuhan lab. We didn't let it out.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on December 16, 2021, 05:57:26 PM
Is it generous to spread headaches, to make us immune?  I live in London, and I reckon it already went through the population without much trouble.
Mmm time will tell.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on December 16, 2021, 05:15:29 PM
The exodus from London has started. Isn't it generous of them to want to spread it around the country?

Is it generous to spread headaches, to make us immune?  I live in London, and I reckon it already went through the population without much trouble.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: HDQQ on December 16, 2021, 05:00:40 PM
If Omicron only causes half the rate of hospitalisations as Delta, but causes 3 times as many infections, that would mean more hospitalisations. UK has 88,000 daily cases today.
If it only causes half of Delta, I would want to know why are hospitals not able to cope?  Why haven't they been improved?  Where is the money going?  Did the clapping help?  😁  Is it possible that the threat of sacking people soon has led to people quitting or not applying?  There are plenty of questions I have, and Moronic isn't one of them.

T00ts

HDQQ

Quote from: Scott777 on December 16, 2021, 01:54:00 PM
But does that mean more at breaking point, or just the usual breaking point?  And where is the evidence it will be more?
If Omicron only causes half the rate of hospitalisations as Delta, but causes 3 times as many infections, that would mean more hospitalisations. UK has 88,000 daily cases today.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

"Cases" do not bring the NHS to breaking point.
Admissions without corresponding discharges do that.
† The end is nigh †