Boris is talking tough

Started by Churchill, December 21, 2019, 03:41:15 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT post_id=11020 time=1576972998 user_id=61
Nick your post makes no sense, what "game" has the EU being playing. And are we going back to blinking FFS.

Are you serious?  The EU has been playing games with T May that they hold all the cards, they will now play a different game with Boris. If you think things haven't changed then you're not looking close enough.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick post_id=11013 time=1576967895 user_id=73
Sounds like Boris is ready to play them at their own game. Let's see who blinks first.

Nick your post makes no sense, what "game" has the EU being playing. And are we going back to blinking FFS.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=11001 time=1576960808 user_id=58
:lol: No john , in the best part of ten years or so i have known you online , you always were a cynical bar steward. :lol:

Im not sure about that john. While i agree you have sorted out the remainers in england and wales , there are still issues remaining here and northern ireland.

if you get past us by annuling the snp threat as borkie says by "ignoring us" :lol:  , how will you deal with northern ireland?

once past that , what you are asking the eu is as close to the single market without any of the cons you had before , and they have said to you repeatedly the closer you are the more of their rules you take  , so im no sure you have actually progressed anywhere except on the home front ?

You agree trying to sort through the bombastic media spin is one thing , but actually seeing real progress in dealing with the eu is another.

I think the hardest part is yet to come for you in my opinion.

We will have to wait and see.

Of course, when we allow you to blow the explosive bolts and go crawl to the EU, that's 50 less pains in the arse on the opposition bench.

And right now, I think there is much to be said for emptying the opposition benches to drive home the depth of corbyn's miserable failure.

As for Northern Ireland, well, I say we wait until the EU goes into meltdown and wait for the republic to come crawling back into the union.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Barry post_id=11010 time=1576967538 user_id=51
Tough talking is a good stance to take. From 1st February it is all into brand new territory and we'll see what's what by 31st December 2020.

Like you say, feet up. It's not down to the electorate to sort out trade, that's for the executive.

:thup:  :thup:  :thup:

Sounds like Boris is ready to play them at their own game. Let's see who blinks first.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=11004 time=1576962634 user_id=52
Like I said thomas feet up for me,they have their majority.I have seen every side of politics,time for others now,it should have been over three years ago.

Tough talking is a good stance to take. From 1st February it is all into brand new territory and we'll see what's what by 31st December 2020.

Like you say, feet up. It's not down to the electorate to sort out trade, that's for the executive.

:thup:  :thup:  :thup:
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Laughing but not understanding.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas post_id=11002 time=1576960881 user_id=58
oh have you left yet?

I thought you have a date for leaving of the end of january , where you then go into a transition period till next december?

Dont count yer chickens yet young sheep.

Like I said thomas feet up for me,they have their majority.I have seen every side of politics,time for others now,it should have been over three years ago.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=11000 time=1576959433 user_id=52
It is out of our hands now,whatever will be will be,just putting my feet up job done.
oh have you left yet?

I thought you have a date for leaving of the end of january , where you then go into a transition period till next december?

Dont count yer chickens yet young sheep.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=10999 time=1576959182 user_id=63
Er .. thanks, I think.

I really have been turned into the worlds most cynical bar steward by the events of the last three years.

:lol: No john , in the best part of ten years or so i have known you online , you always were a cynical bar steward. :lol:

QuoteBut to give credit where it is due, the EU has been able to have it all its own way over the past couple of years, with remainer fifth columnists going behind the government's back to discuss ways to shaft the exit negotiations, which again have been pretty piss poor. So it should come as no surprise that the strategy now is to outwardly play hardball. Forty odd years of watching summit after summit kludge something together a the last minute to save sace tells me that the EU will feign shock and horror, bombast at length that what Boris wants cannot be done, and then do something that looks like it in name at least at the eleventh hour.

It's how they work.

Im not sure about that john. While i agree you have sorted out the remainers in england and wales , there are still issues remaining here and northern ireland.

if you get past us by annuling the snp threat as borkie says by "ignoring us" :lol:  , how will you deal with northern ireland?

once past that , what you are asking the eu is as close to the single market without any of the cons you had before , and they have said to you repeatedly the closer you are the more of their rules you take  , so im no sure you have actually progressed anywhere except on the home front ?

You agree trying to sort through the bombastic media spin is one thing , but actually seeing real progress in dealing with the eu is another.

I think the hardest part is yet to come for you in my opinion.

We will have to wait and see.

Sheepy

It is out of our hands now,whatever will be will be,just putting my feet up job done.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=10997 time=1576956428 user_id=58
Good to see your inherent sceptiscism is still alive and kicking john unlike the blind loyalty shown to the blond muppet by the faithfull.

Be interesting to see how it proceeds without the media spin , and how the hero of the moment is judged at the end of the brexit process?

What will he do about northern ireland?

what will he do when the eu wants to discuss fisheries but asks him how can you negotiate fisheries when scotland might be leaving?(Bearing in mind scotlands EEZ is bigger than englands , and 62% of seafood landings are in scotland?)

http://marine.gov.scot/data/facts-and-figures-about-scotlands-sea-area-coastline-length-sea-area-sq-kms">http://marine.gov.scot/data/facts-and-f ... rea-sq-kms">http://marine.gov.scot/data/facts-and-figures-about-scotlands-sea-area-coastline-length-sea-area-sq-kms

Does he have the support in england for the hard brexit cut off that streetwalker tells me is the great desire?

At the minute all we are seeing is hero worship and media spin , instead of the reality being one more step in the brexit process has been taken after the GE2019 and many more remain in much more difficult circumstances.

Er .. thanks, I think.

I really have been turned into the worlds most cynical bar steward by the events of the last three years.

But to give credit where it is due, the EU has been able to have it all its own way over the past couple of years, with remainer fifth columnists going behind the government's back to discuss ways to shaft the exit negotiations, which again have been pretty piss poor. So it should come as no surprise that the strategy now is to outwardly play hardball. Forty odd years of watching summit after summit kludge something together a the last minute to save sace tells me that the EU will feign shock and horror, bombast at length that what Boris wants cannot be done, and then do something that looks like it in name at least at the eleventh hour.

It's how they work.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=10994 time=1576953082 user_id=63
Well, hang on, he's having it put about in the media that he is talking tough.

I'd like to THINK he is, but frankly, I do not believe anything any more. Too many lies, too many obfuscations

Good to see your inherent sceptiscism is still alive and kicking john unlike the blind loyalty shown to the blond muppet by the faithfull.

Be interesting to see how it proceeds without the media spin , and how the hero of the moment is judged at the end of the brexit process?

What will he do about northern ireland?

what will he do when the eu wants to discuss fisheries but asks him how can you negotiate fisheries when scotland might be leaving?(Bearing in mind scotlands EEZ is bigger than englands , and 62% of seafood landings are in scotland?)

Description

Area (km2)

Approx. %

Total UK sea area to EEZ limit

100%

Scottish seas

62%

English seas

31%
[/b]

http://marine.gov.scot/data/facts-and-figures-about-scotlands-sea-area-coastline-length-sea-area-sq-kms">http://marine.gov.scot/data/facts-and-f ... rea-sq-kms">http://marine.gov.scot/data/facts-and-figures-about-scotlands-sea-area-coastline-length-sea-area-sq-kms

Does he have the support in england for the hard brexit cut off that streetwalker tells me is the great desire?

At the minute all we are seeing is hero worship and media spin , instead of the reality being one more step in the brexit process has been taken after the GE2019 and many more remain in much more difficult circumstances.

johnofgwent

Well, hang on, he's having it put about in the media that he is talking tough.

I'd like to THINK he is, but frankly, I do not believe anything any more. Too many lies, too many obfuscations

Thomas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=10969 time=1576942875 user_id=69
May went cap in hand to Brussels, Boris is not making the same mistake he has made it quite clear he will not be messed about by them.

EU braced for 'harder Brexit' as PM rules out adhering to Brussels https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/eu-hard-brexit-boris-johnson-brussels-rules-a4319411.html">https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 19411.html">https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/eu-hard-brexit-boris-johnson-brussels-rules-a4319411.html

apparently they are wetting their pants churchy , though im not sure wether its in laughter or fear.

Still trying to punt the we want all the pros of the single market without the cons is he? :lol:

To be honest i cant be bothered reading another bombastic rule brittannia article in the brit media mate , what is it now , cake and eat it or hes sending uncle albert and a gunboat up the senne?

Whats the latest extension period taking you up to now , december next year?

On a serious note , that will be some climbdown he makes if he doesnt achieve all he sets out to do , and will take some spinning by the media in the process to protect him.

whats happening about northern ireland , does anyone know?

Churchill

May went cap in hand to Brussels, Boris is not making the same mistake he has made it quite clear he will not be messed about by them.

EU braced for 'harder Brexit' as PM rules out adhering to Brussels https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/eu-hard-brexit-boris-johnson-brussels-rules-a4319411.html">https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 19411.html">https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/eu-hard-brexit-boris-johnson-brussels-rules-a4319411.html
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>