Honours?

Started by cromwell, December 31, 2021, 11:50:30 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 03, 2022, 01:51:22 PM
This is about an award that is in the gift of the monarch, not the subject of a gift of the people. Nothing against people having a moan . People can have a moan about anything including thinking they have had their eye poked.
Blair has received awards from all around the world. By that measure the people should  probably not be able to see straight by now.
Nice try, but it doesn't change the fact of we will see, like I have already said, if I was Bliar I would be having a sweaty brow. Because he could bring the whole house of cards down with him.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on January 03, 2022, 01:24:46 PM
Completely different things one was against a democratic vote already taken, this is about something nobody ever got a vote on and was purely an establishment decision. If "the people" feel they have been poked in the eye then let them say so. The only thing that remains the same is it isn't a divided left and right establishment decision.

This is about an award that is in the gift of the monarch, not the subject of a gift of the people. Nothing against people having a moan . People can have a moan about anything including thinking they have had their eye poked.
Blair has received awards from all around the world. By that measure the people should  probably not be able to see straight by now.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 03, 2022, 01:15:44 PM
Wasnt there a revoke Brexit petition attracted over 6 million signatures?  Just another IT outlet for letting off steam.
Regardless of whether or not Blair, is knighted . I should think you could get a few hundred thousand to sign up to the fact they didn't like Bing Crosbys singing.

Completely different things one was against a democratic vote already taken, this is about something nobody ever got a vote on and was purely an establishment decision. If "the people" feel they have been poked in the eye then let them say so. The only thing that remains the same is it isn't a divided left and right establishment decision.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 03, 2022, 01:15:44 PM
Wasnt there a revoke Brexit petition attracted over 6 million signatures?  Just another IT outlet for letting off steam.
Regardless of whether or not Blair, is knighted . I should think you could get a few hundred thousand to sign up to the fact they didn't like Bing Crosbys singing.
Dancing Dancing Dancing

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on January 03, 2022, 12:43:36 PM
Probably because these petitions are signed by the usual renta outrage mob who will sign anything.

Still, it does raise an interesting point. About 1 in 200 hundred don't like Tony Blair so you want him stripped of his knighthood. About 1 in a 100 want illegal immigrants set adrift in leaky dingys. And about the same figure that anyone in the 40% tax bracket is committing fraud and should be regarded as a profiteer and executed along with the rest of the kulaks.

I am not too sure that I agree with your ideas Ollie, but it has to be said that it does raise some interesting points for us to debate.
Wasnt there a revoke Brexit petition attracted over 6 million signatures?  Just another IT outlet for letting off steam.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 03, 2022, 11:56:28 AM
Nice try Borky but look at the sections of rejected petitions,they don't accept those regards honours.....wonder why? ;)

Probably because these petitions are signed by the usual renta outrage mob who will sign anything.

Still, it does raise an interesting point. About 1 in 200 hundred don't like Tony Blair so you want him stripped of his knighthood. About 1 in a 100 want illegal immigrants set adrift in leaky dingys. And about the same figure that anyone in the 40% tax bracket is committing fraud and should be regarded as a profiteer and executed along with the rest of the kulaks.

I am not too sure that I agree with your ideas Ollie, but it has to be said that it does raise some interesting points for us to debate.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

They should give the award to Julian Assange, who exposed Blair's alleged war crimes and put Blair into Belmarsh to await trial.
Then there might be some justice.
Pigs will be landing at Gatwick before that happens.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Topped four hundred thousand and rising rapidly.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 03, 2022, 11:49:32 AM
So about 1 in every 200 think that Tony is a bit of a dick?

I don't know how this petition lark works, but if parliament is to debate the matter, should it not be one of these...

https://petition.parliament.uk/help.
Nice try Borky but look at the sections of rejected petitions,they don't accept those regards honours.....wonder why? ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on January 03, 2022, 11:49:32 AM

I don't know how this petition lark works, but if parliament is to debate the matter, should it not be one of these...

LOL No parliament would debate it! If Tony is passed over no other PM will have the honour either. Articles in the press now trying to focus on the good he did do. Quote ' he understood middle England'. Cringe!

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on January 03, 2022, 10:05:02 AM
Over 370,000 signatures at 10am this morning, 3rd January.

Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Over 370,000 signatures at 10am this morning, 3rd January. 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy