Honours?

Started by cromwell, December 31, 2021, 11:50:30 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 09, 2022, 10:34:21 AM
Well that could work both ways. Many people already disapprove of the honours system. So are all the more likely to resent Blair, being honoured.  If asked if honours should be stopped for all politicians the likely answer would be yes.

I don't know if that would be the answer, it still doesn't change the fact the establishment is making disastrous mistakes one after another. I might think they are truly rattled. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on January 09, 2022, 10:01:53 AM
Like it won't alter the fact that Blair taking the knighthood has not only damaged an already fast sinking honours system and the reputation of Royality even further. Not to mention another million people who will never vote Labour.

Well that could work both ways. Many people already disapprove of the honours system. So are all the more likely to resent Blair, being honoured.  If asked if honours should be stopped for all politicians the likely answer would be yes.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 09, 2022, 08:41:44 AM
I keep waiting for you to come out with something worth reading , and so far its nothing more than "tony blair is my hero , why wont everyone agree with me" and "your bad , no your bad" ad nauseum.

Just reading there that the lamentable rachel reeve suuggesting a windfall tax on north sea oil is labours cure to all problems.

Why is it with labour the answer is always tax and spend profligately?

anyway back to  a few polls on your hero blair..

looks like you are a bit of a lone voice i nthe wilderness good old , regarding your hero worship of tony blair. Like i said , i think it great.

Well first of all , why read my posts? I find it interesting that you can not resist. Not just reading them but answering them in some detail. I find it laughable for someone to do, if my posts carried no weight what so ever.  But beyond that I am well aware of being out of step with the two polls you use.
Are you seriously trying to say that the only reality contained in those polls is that anyone that is in the minority end of them is without any doubt wrong .? And should shrink away in shame , making no further comment. ? And if in the majority end without doubt right.? All you actually prove is I appear to be in a minority.
As for something worth reading . I have said . Outside of the U.K. Blair, has been sanctioned for top jobs and honours by, the UN, the EU, the US, Russia. the Queen, and her government. And his Tory opponents have never been shy of getting his advice. So I have given good reason to question what might be home opinion.  Yet you say I offer nothing , in your dreams.  I repeat for the umpteenth time Blair, is not my hero. I don't have hero,s outside of my old fella. Exaggeration is your middle name .
Now you promote limited polls. I promote what could go some way to being considered a poll of the opinion of world authority.  I am a lone voice here Thomas. Maybe, but not internationally it would seem.  I am absolutely sure you won't find this worth reading. As it doesn't fit your agenda, opinion here , or on your polls.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 08, 2022, 09:08:35 PM
And you are welcome to do that . But it won't alter the fact that you don't agree with me and on this issue I don't agree with you . And the excise becomes pointless unless some sort of victory is sort. Which is pointless in its self as its only opinion. Neither you or me can claim to be right about this beyond all doubt.
But you have the next word by all means , as you say that's what these sites are for. And I enjoy that as much as anyone else.

Like it won't alter the fact that Blair taking the knighthood has not only damaged an already fast sinking honours system and the reputation of Royality even further. Not to mention another million people who will never vote Labour.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 08, 2022, 08:53:03 PM
Is that supposed to indicate you think you are more honest ?. Because you regale us with any piece of outdated crap you can lay your hands on. Unashamedly twist most stories , and comments made to you to suit your agenda
Just calling others Hypocrite, less honest, rendering their comments , empty nonsensical , does not deflect from your own problems with these things.
The anti Blair, anti Labour bit, heard it  all before many times, not worth comment.
I keep waiting for you to come out with something worth reading , and so far its nothing more than "tony blair is my hero , why wont everyone agree with me" and "your bad , no your bad" ad nauseum.

Just reading there that the lamentable rachel reeve suuggesting a windfall tax on north sea oil is labours cure to all problems.

Why is it with labour the answer is always tax and spend profligately?

anyway back to  a few polls on your hero blair..

looks like you are a bit of a lone voice i nthe wilderness good old , regarding your hero worship of tony blair. Like i said , i think it great.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 08, 2022, 09:08:35 PM
And you are welcome to do that .
Jolly decent of you  :P

QuoteBut it won't alter the fact that you don't agree with me and on this issue I don't agree with you .
I think you'll find I said that some time ago

QuoteAnd the excise becomes pointless unless some sort of victory is sort.
What are you talking about there's no tax on debate,as said anyone is free to carry on commenting or not.

QuoteNeither you or me can claim to be right about this beyond all doubt.
I've never said that but if you can point out where you think I have please do.

QuoteBut you have the next word by all means , as you say that's what these sites are for. And I enjoy that as much as anyone else.
Well that's the point,the fact people disagree does not spell the end of the thread,if you have nowt to add don't post an answer,if someone quotes you ignore that too.
It will die when no one wants to post on it but that's up to every individual nobody dictates  thread is finished(unless a forum rule is broken)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 08, 2022, 08:46:09 PM
What,if a thread continues it does.....no one is obliged to answer or take part.

If there's something to add I or anyone will
And you are welcome to do that . But it won't alter the fact that you don't agree with me and on this issue I don't agree with you . And the excise becomes pointless unless some sort of victory is sort. Which is pointless in its self as its only opinion. Neither you or me can claim to be right about this beyond all doubt.
But you have the next word by all means , as you say that's what these sites are for. And I enjoy that as much as anyone else.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 08, 2022, 07:56:00 PM
why do you insist in throwing in these empty nonsensical comments into every thread you are involved in . Who  has said any of this?

If blairism and the man himself is as popular as you imply , then you will have no problem walking the next general election will you? You and your ilk will be judged by the electorate at the ballot box as per normal , and if as i expect its another dismall showing for new labour and the blairite ideology , then i expect you will bugger off into hiding yet again.We all have political agendas on here. Some are merely more honest about it than others.
Get along fine?

The blairite ideology has ripped the labour party apart from within over the last 25 years and counting. Starmer hangs on his every word , defends the man  , and desperately tries to emulate him in every way.

I enjoy watching it and listening to your peurile excuses and deflections.

Is that supposed to indicate you think you are more honest ?. Because you regale us with any piece of outdated crap you can lay your hands on. Unashamedly twist most stories , and comments made to you to suit your agenda
Just calling others Hypocrite, less honest, rendering their comments , empty nonsensical , does not deflect from your own problems with these things.
The anti Blair, anti Labour bit, heard it  all before many times, not worth comment.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 08, 2022, 08:37:06 PM
Obviously you refer to a comment I made to Thomas,. I don't say you did say that, I am merely saying none  of us can deny each other's opinion merely because we don't agree with that opinion. You have your opinion ,I have mine. On this one issue.  I recognised that and , in two different ways have offered to leave it at that ,because we can not expect to own each other's point of view. But for some reason the dialogue continued, for what real purpose?
What,if a thread continues it does.....no one is obliged to answer or take part.

If there's something to add I or anyone will 

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 08, 2022, 07:07:46 PM
Please point our where I ever said I own yours or anyone else's opinion.

Obviously you refer to a comment I made to Thomas,. I don't say you did say that, I am merely saying none  of us can deny each other's opinion merely because we don't agree with that opinion. You have your opinion ,I have mine. On this one issue.  I recognised that and , in two different ways have offered to leave it at that ,because we can not expect to own each other's point of view. But for some reason the dialogue continued, for what real purpose?

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 08, 2022, 06:40:09 PM
 And it's not a requirement that because some hate Blair I have to or indeed any other has to.

why do you insist in throwing in these empty nonsensical comments into every thread you are involved in . Who  has said any of this?

If blairism and the man himself is as popular as you imply , then you will have no problem walking the next general election will you? You and your ilk will be judged by the electorate at the ballot box as per normal , and if as i expect its another dismall showing for new labour and the blairite ideology , then i expect you will bugger off into hiding yet again.
The man that twists every story or comment from any quarter to fit his political propaganda agenda.
We all have political agendas on here. Some are merely more honest about it than others.

QuoteAnd don't say you know what it is will turn up ,because I have asked time and again and you the great non hypocrite , have no plausible answer.

The Labour Party seems to get along without him having any real say in what they plan or do.
Get along fine?

The blairite ideology has ripped the labour party apart from within over the last 25 years and counting. Starmer hangs on his every word , defends the man  , and desperately tries to emulate him in every way.

I enjoy watching it and listening to your peurile excuses and deflections.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 08, 2022, 06:40:09 PM
And I don't care what you think. And it's not a requirement that because some hate Blair I have to or indeed any other has to.
The man that twists every story or comment from any quarter to fit his political propaganda agenda. Talks hypocrisy, or desperate twisting of truth. Dancing Dancing
I don't dismiss the result of the last few elections that was public opinion within our democratic system.  What I dismiss is the likes of you saying in so many words. Hard shit shut up and accept this is it . Until something else turns up. And don't say you know what it is will turn up ,because I have asked time and again and you the great non hypocrite , have no plausible answer.
As for hating Blair, You, Cromwell, and anyone else do not own my opinion any more than I own yours or theirs .
Blair is old hat, he is not likely to figure greatly now  it's the likes of you that like to keep him in the window. The Labour Party seems to get along without him having any real say in what they plan or do.
Please point our where I ever said I own yours or anyone else's opinion.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 08, 2022, 05:19:56 PM
I dont care what you do or dont accept , cromwell made a valid point , but its nothing unusual from you in terms of hypocrisy and desperate twisting.

The important fact to remember among all this , isnt wether the poll does any good or wether its 1 million or 67 million .

Its the fact yet again blair is a hated figure who manages to hamstring labour every time he gets into the media and makes headlines. I welcome the negative headlines as i always do.

The public opinion you can't dismiss is the public dont want new labour , as various elections have shown.
And I don't care what you think. And it's not a requirement that because some hate Blair I have to or indeed any other has to.
The man that twists every story or comment from any quarter to fit his political propaganda agenda. Talks hypocrisy, or desperate twisting of truth. Dancing Dancing
I don't dismiss the result of the last few elections that was public opinion within our democratic system.  What I dismiss is the likes of you saying in so many words. Hard shit shut up and accept this is it . Until something else turns up. And don't say you know what it is will turn up ,because I have asked time and again and you the great non hypocrite , have no plausible answer.
As for hating Blair, You, Cromwell, and anyone else do not own my opinion any more than I own yours or theirs .
Blair is old hat, he is not likely to figure greatly now  it's the likes of you that like to keep him in the window. The Labour Party seems to get along without him having any real say in what they plan or do.

Sheepy

The petition won't make a blind bit of difference to the knighthood either way, true but in the long run it will.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 08, 2022, 05:09:30 PM
Cromwell , flagged the 1000. Petition. Not a sample poll. Either way I didn't flag either.
I dismiss it because it's not public opinion until it reaches a majority of public opinion and seeing as they are some way from that I am not ready to accept it as ( public opinion end of).
I dont care what you do or dont accept , cromwell made a valid point , but its nothing unusual from you in terms of hypocrisy and desperate twisting.

The important fact to remember among all this , isnt wether the poll does any good or wether its 1 million or 67 million .

Its the fact yet again blair is a hated figure who manages to hamstring labour every time he gets into the media and makes headlines. I welcome the negative headlines as i always do.

The public opinion you cant dismiss is the public dont want new labour , as various elections have shown.