Leave means leave: Has Boris betrayed us over fishing?

Started by HallowedBrexit, January 15, 2022, 08:28:28 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 20, 2022, 04:53:19 PM

It painted a very different picture to your perception. Brexit is causing a lot of problems for small business.

And with the Euro falling against the pound, I imagine that a lot of those small businesses are in Europe
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 20, 2022, 04:40:50 PM
In post 63 I STATED that the U.K. has the fastest growing economy in the G7, not quoted. Are you saying that's incorrect?

As for figures, there is a graph in post 105 showing the U.K. GDP in real numbers. Again, are you questioning this?

The point being made is that the U.K. has recovered to pre Covid levels during our first year of Brexit, you can fudge all you want, that is the facts.
Nick  there was this on BBC 24 this morning, Parliamentary business - UK Parliament  Oral questions
International Trade (including Topical Questions)
9:30am

It painted a very different picture to your perception. Brexit is causing a lot of problems for small business.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 20, 2022, 04:04:19 PM
You haven't quoted actual figures, you quoted the UK as having the fastest growing economy in the G7 (post 63), that sounds like a percentage. Then in post 105 your quoting percentages. So can you refresh everyone with the figures you were quoting.
In post 63 I STATED that the U.K. has the fastest growing economy in the G7, not quoted. Are you saying that's incorrect? 

As for figures, there is a graph in post 105 showing the U.K. GDP in real numbers. Again, are you questioning this?

The point being made is that the U.K. has recovered to pre Covid levels during our first year of Brexit, you can fudge all you want, that is the facts. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 20, 2022, 12:59:04 PM
Why do you keep talking percentage? I'm quoting actual figures, and the figures show we have recovered. Either accept that or prove me wrong.
You haven't quoted actual figures, you quoted the UK as having the fastest growing economy in the G7 (post 63), that sounds like a percentage. Then in post 105 your quoting percentages. So can you refresh everyone with the figures you were quoting.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 19, 2022, 02:53:56 PM
Nice slant on reality. The UK had a very poor performing economy in 2020, a picture tells a thousand stories. Trumpeting the bounce in '21 is not an indicator of things to come. Having a large bounce post a very large fall is not surprising. With Brexit impacts staying with the UK, including some new ones like your import checks starting this year. This might have an impact on trade/GDP, or do you still maintain that non tariff barriers are nothing to worry about.

You have posted projections for and up to 2026, lets deal with reality, not short term drops or bounces or select periods to try twist reality. We will see the numbers for 2021 soon enough. 
Why do you keep talking percentage? I'm quoting actual figures, and the figures show we have recovered. Either accept that or prove me wrong.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on January 19, 2022, 11:06:31 PM
Well you need to monitor a bit smarter. I'm not a remainer, or leave.
:D

I will miss the free butter handouts from the EU gerry.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on January 19, 2022, 05:22:11 PM

What you Remoaners don't seem to understand is that we are very well aware of your track record. We have not forgotten the doom and gloom you promised us after the referendum.

If you vote to leave, you'll lose your job

Vote to leave, you'll lose your home.
The ensuing recession will last for years
Said David Cameron. Theresa May. George Osborne.
And the Treasury. Tony Blair. John Major. The BBC.
The Bank of England. Mark Carney. The EU. The IMF. The US president. Saint Obama. Back of the cue. Loads of celebrities. Gary Lineker. JK Rowling. Benedict Cumbertwat. Lord Adonis. Who the f**k's he anyway?
The British told them to f**k off. Seventeen million f**k offs.

I have been monitoring this forum closely for years and I can tell you that pretty much the only people I trust in politics anymore are Thomas, Sheepy and DeppityDawg. Have you not listened to Sheepy?

• he got the Exchange Rate Mechanism right
  • he got the Euro right
  • he got the 2016 Referendum result right
  • he foresaw that the establishment would kick back and whinge, then put together a party in six weeks then won an election
  • he got COVID right

It's time to listen to smarter people, Gerry.

hallowed sometimes its difficult to work out who is the biggest comedian on here.......you or our friend gerry. I hink gerry edges it , but not by much.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 19, 2022, 09:46:56 AM
Winning an election on the back of Brexit, is totally different from making Brexit a a winning reality.
If the electorate have put their hands in the fire, they will take them out, and the hotter the fire the quicker they will withdraw. It would be a good idea for the brexiteers to make it work for the plebs ,if the crowing about its value is to have any true value.
Is that right?

:D

For many english who voted brexit , it is already a winning strategy.......they no longer see themselves subject to foreigners in brussells. Of course though as i keep saying thats something you and your ilk cannot understand.

I see  no evidence of the electorate having put thier hands in a brexit fire to use your analogy , and currently withdrawing those hands out. Its all in your warped imagination good old.

The desperate strategy seems to be take johnson ( who obviously hypnotised the gullible plebs over brexit ;D) down , get the limp wristed starmer and his new labour party elected , and rejoin the eu via the back door.

All so simple in that idealistic fantasy world you appear to inhabit.

GerryT

What you Remoaners don't seem to understand is that we are very well aware of your track record. We have not forgotten the doom and gloom you promised us after the referendum.

The Bank of England. Mark Carney. The EU. The IMF. The US president. Saint Obama. Back of the cue. Loads of celebrities. Gary Lineker. JK Rowling. Benedict Cumbertwat. Lord Adonis. Who the f**k's he anyway?
The British told them to f**k off. Seventeen million f**k offs.

I have been monitoring this forum closely for years and I can tell you that pretty much the only people I trust in politics anymore are Thomas, Sheepy and DeppityDawg. Have you not listened to Sheepy?

• he got the Euro right
  • he foresaw that the establishment would kick back and whinge, then put together a party in six weeks then won an election
  • he got COVID right

Well you need to monitor a bit smarter. I'm not a remainer, or leave.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 19, 2022, 05:54:54 PM
Now that really funny. No wonder you are deluded.

Well put it this way Smurphy, I have got a lot more things right then you ever have, maybe after I am long gone, they will say how the feck did he know that. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Now that really funny. No wonder you are deluded.

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: GerryT on January 19, 2022, 02:53:56 PM
Nice slant on reality. The UK had a very poor performing economy in 2020, a picture tells a thousand stories. Trumpeting the bounce in '21 is not an indicator of things to come. Having a large bounce post a very large fall is not surprising. With Brexit impacts staying with the UK, including some new ones like your import checks starting this year. This might have an impact on trade/GDP, or do you still maintain that non tariff barriers are nothing to worry about.

You have posted projections for and up to 2026, lets deal with reality, not short term drops or bounces or select periods to try twist reality. We will see the numbers for 2021 soon enough. 

The Bank of England. Mark Carney. The EU. The IMF. The US president. Saint Obama. Back of the cue. Loads of celebrities. Gary Lineker. JK Rowling. Benedict Cumbertwat. Lord Adonis. Who the F@@@'s he anyway?
The British told them to F@@@ off. Seventeen million F@@@ offs.

• he got the Euro right
  • he got COVID right

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 18, 2022, 03:55:04 PM
What a ridiculous thing to say, if it was the other way round you'd be using it as evidence for your precious EU.

As for languishing behind the rest, another stupid statement with zero grounds.

Details of fastest growing G7 economy. U.K. was last year and will still be this year.

Nice slant on reality. The UK had a very poor performing economy in 2020, a picture tells a thousand stories. Trumpeting the bounce in '21 is not an indicator of things to come. Having a large bounce post a very large fall is not surprising. With Brexit impacts staying with the UK, including some new ones like your import checks starting this year. This might have an impact on trade/GDP, or do you still maintain that non tariff barriers are nothing to worry about.

You have posted projections for and up to 2026, lets deal with reality, not short term drops or bounces or select periods to try twist reality. We will see the numbers for 2021 soon enough.  

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on January 19, 2022, 09:46:56 AM
Winning an election on the back of Brexit, is totally different from making Brexit a a winning reality.
The problem is Brexit is turning into an ever bigger disaster as time passes.

Good old

If the electorate have put their hands in the fire, they will take them out, and the hotter the fire the quicker they will withdraw. It would be a good idea for the brexiteers to make it work for the plebs ,if the crowing about its value is to have any true value.