Leave means leave: Has Boris betrayed us over fishing?

Started by HallowedBrexit, January 15, 2022, 08:28:28 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 22, 2022, 04:26:06 PM
Cover up the fact that we are doing exactly the same as the EU is doing?
Boris signed the agreement, the regulations that came in on January to 1st this year apply to imports to the EU and exports from it.
Those trucks queued up in Calais waiting to get to Britain is 100% due to the British government NOT having the electronic paperwork system in place. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 22, 2022, 01:26:47 PM
I thought the media/press would not be able to cover it up for long:-

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/uk/dover-lor ... rom-space/

Dover lorry queues 'sparked by Brexit checks' so long they can be seen from space

22 January 2022, 09:34 | Updated: 22 January 2022, 12:12

Enormous queues of lorries up to 9 miles long began after new full customs controls came into force at the beginning of January. Checks needed for the government's new Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) system and other export paperwork are said to be the cause.

https://www.fleetpoint.org/logistics/di ... in-calais/

New border rules trigger long queues of trucks in Calais

Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - 10:20
Lorries bringing goods into Britain from Europe are being held up at the border following the introduction of new customs regulations this month, with hauliers warning the situation is set to get worse as trade picks up after the January lull.

The new Brexit border regulations, which kicked in on 1 January this year, require goods coming into Great Britain from the EU to be subject to full customs controls.
All goods presented to customs and their export declarations must be entered into the HMRC Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) to establish if any further physical checks are required under the new rules.
Since the new rules came into force, truck drivers have been complaining about long delays at Calais with queues stretching to the A16 motorway outside the town, which they attribute to the new rules.
One tweeted: "If you are currently wondering why the quality of food is so poor right now...it's probably sitting in the back of a truck along with me in Calais – outside the port trying to get in."
Cover up the fact that we are doing exactly the same as the EU is doing?
You're such a hypocrite, you fully expect the EU to check our lorries due to new regs but are now complaining that we are doing the same.  
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Dover lorry queues 'sparked by Brexit checks' so long they can be seen from space

Enormous queues of lorries up to 9 miles long began after new full customs controls came into force at the beginning of January. Checks needed for the government's new Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) system and other export paperwork are said to be the cause.

Lorries bringing goods into Britain from Europe are being held up at the border following the introduction of new customs regulations this month, with hauliers warning the situation is set to get worse as trade picks up after the January lull.

The new Brexit border regulations, which kicked in on 1 January this year, require goods coming into Great Britain from the EU to be subject to full customs controls.
All goods presented to customs and their export declarations must be entered into the HMRC Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) to establish if any further physical checks are required under the new rules.
Since the new rules came into force, truck drivers have been complaining about long delays at Calais with queues stretching to the A16 motorway outside the town, which they attribute to the new rules.
One tweeted: "If you are currently wondering why the quality of food is so poor right now...it's probably sitting in the back of a truck along with me in Calais – outside the port trying to get in."
Do you mean the LBC link that has been removed due to being immaculate? 😂 

Thomas

:D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 21, 2022, 03:06:27 PM
You keep ignoring my reply to this, I'm here to discuss Brexit, not the recent killing in Tullamore or the talk of Irish party-gate which was on the radio this morning. Brexit will be one of the most defining moment in history of mankind. It will def make the top 10, and we are living through it. A time when a once great nation, empire! fell, and in its final breaths it stabbed itself in the back before the final pieces fell apart. The greatest act of self harm any country has inflicted upon itself. It could have been so different if it weren't for the gobshites you brexiteers followed, Farage, Johnson, Davis, Mogg, Cummings, Rabb...Jesus this list in endless. Leaving the EU is no problem, how your going about it is staggering. Now, I'm off for some more popcorn to watch your lying cheating leader make an even bigger fool of himself

I can't even swallow my popcorn cause I'm laughing that much at the Irish economy. It was on its way down 2 years before Covid hit. 😂 

cromwell

You keep ignoring my reply to this, I'm here to discuss Brexit, not the recent killing in Tullamore or the talk of Irish party-gate which was on the radio this morning. Brexit will be one of the most defining moment in history of mankind. It will def make the top 10, and we are living through it. A time when a once great nation, empire! fell, and in its final breaths it stabbed itself in the back before the final pieces fell apart. The greatest act of self harm any country has inflicted upon itself. It could have been so different if it weren't for the gobshites you brexiteers followed, Farage, Johnson, Davis, Mogg, Cummings, Rabb...Jesus this list in endless. Leaving the EU is no problem, how your going about it is staggering. Now, I'm off for some more popcorn to watch your lying cheating leader make an even bigger fool of himself
Steady on Gerry,we just told Brussels to do one........dramatist. :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 21, 2022, 02:59:18 PM
Well first brexit wasn't anything to do with freedom, the UK was always and still is today a free sovereign country. Just because it freely decided to join a union to make joint decisions doesn't in anyway mean it gave up its freedom. The UK decided it no longer wanted to be part of the EU so it left, very simple. If anything it's been the UK dragging it's heals in leaving, asking for extensions and delaying implementing it's border controls.
Irelands fortunes did turn but coming from a very different base. IRL was being raped by the UK, resources, land, any wealth was just taken. Our freedom was from an invading country so freedom was worth the pain.  The UK has decided to cut trade with it's nearest neighbours (no issue there) and the plan looks like trading with the other side of the planet, to redefine the known benefits of economics, good luck with that.

I do understand nationalism, but like I say, the UK was always if total control. Tell me, how is that working out now that the UK is starting to sign it's own trade deals, have you been tying the UK up to commitments, as in, you can't do anything you want any more. Has the UK just again given away its sovereignty it only just got back a year ago.
By your point of view the only way a country can be totally free would be to not sign any trade agreements, leave any body like Nato, WTO etc.... What countries do that ?
No, we joined a common market. Anything that happened from then on was railroading. The U.K. people had no say in joining the EU, we did however have a say in sticking 2 fingers up at them. Something that clearly bugs you seeing as you spend so much time here telling us how terrible it's going to be. 

Thomas

I'm here to discuss Brexit,
Nothing to do with you , you arent a uk national .

I dont like macron , im not on french forums lecturing the french on macron and his pro eu anti french politics. mind yer own feckin business "gall".
Brexit will be one of the most defining moment in history of mankind.
hope so , well done the english. They seem to have put you no borders globalist back a few years , and put you right in your place.

QuoteA time when a once great nation, empire! fell, and in its final breaths it stabbed itself in the back before the final pieces fell apart

The greatest act of self harm any country has inflicted upon itself.
what a fackin drama queen.:D
gobshites you brexiteers followed
i voted remain and have never voted ukip. However , you have done your bit to convert me to wanting out the eu with all your lies and bullshit.

QuoteLeaving the EU is no problem, how your going about it is staggering. Now, I'm off for some more popcorn to watch your lying cheating leader make an even bigger fool of himself

dry your eyes hen ,pour yoursell a large poitin  , and dont forget the brown paper bag for the bottle.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on January 21, 2022, 02:59:18 PM
Well first brexit wasn't anything to do with freedom,
It was always primarily about freedom as the english saw it.
the UK was always and still is today a free sovereign country.
the uk isnt a coutnry , its a multi national state , made up of countries , and the english , who make the majority electorate , voted out the eu largely but not exclusively as they didnt like the trade off between being part of the eu and single market and allwoing the eu to set the four freedoms that the uk had to abide by(  for example FOM)
Just because it freely decided to join a union to make joint decisions doesn't in anyway mean it gave up its freedom.
course it does. You cede freedoms to the club to become a member , you said that yoursell many a time.

Doesnt matter how you waffle , the english saw it different and voted out as they didnt like it.

QuoteOur freedom was from an invading country so freedom was worth the pain.
ireland was part of the uk , and had been on and off , both monarchially , politically and economically for the best part of 700 odd years. The last major english invasion had been centuries before.

Now no one , certainly not me , is comparing englandinvading ireland with the eu and the uk today , because of course militarily it would be laughable , there is no comaprison , but the world today doesnt work at ehe end of a sword or bayonet  as it once did in the age of empires.

Governments have long since learned you can leverage control through economic means , hence the english didnt like the trade off and foreigners making rules for them in brussells , so farage , johnson et all decided to make political capital out of this and jump on the anti eu bandwagon and the rest is history.

The idea the english were voting for a utopia , or a pound in their pocket extra , is your spin. Of course as i keep saying you dont understand it ,so you keep bleating about economics as though its now going to make a difference when it hasnt done these past 6 years.

QuoteI do understand nationalism,
no you dont. Economics always favours the status quo , but the irish decided to say fack the status quo and fack the economics , take a leap in the dark and leave the uk. Nationalism. Well done ireland.

How any "irishman" can't understand that same sentiment , albeit in a different time country and place ,is beyond me.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on January 21, 2022, 11:46:43 AM
i will answer your rhetorical question by saying im looking forward to the day gerry has an irish political story or current event to talk about on this forum rather than obsessing about a foreign country brexiting to the exclusion of all else.

I remember the days you used to complain to me about me talking incessantly almost to the exclusion of all else regarding scot indy and scot politics . We might all travel about , we might live at times outside our respective nations , but we all obsess about politics in our own countries at least now and again......except some people it seems.

You can take a scot out of scotland , but you wont take scotland out of the scot...........gerry seems to disprove that old adage regarding ireland , or maybe he doesnt if you use another nation.

I take your point though barry , and will let it go at that.
You keep ignoring my reply to this, I'm here to discuss Brexit, not the recent killing in Tullamore or the talk of Irish party-gate which was on the radio this morning. Brexit will be one of the most defining moment in history of mankind. It will def make the top 10, and we are living through it. A time when a once great nation, empire! fell, and in its final breaths it stabbed itself in the back before the final pieces fell apart. The greatest act of self harm any country has inflicted upon itself. It could have been so different if it weren't for the gobshites you brexiteers followed, Farage, Johnson, Davis, Mogg, Cummings, Rabb...Jesus this list in endless. Leaving the EU is no problem, how your going about it is staggering. Now, I'm off for some more popcorn to watch your lying cheating leader make an even bigger fool of himself

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on January 21, 2022, 11:22:20 AM
always amusing when a so called irishman is obsessed about the gdp and growth of a foreign country .

Interesting as well the fact despite all the same arguments at the time between irish unionist and nationalists of the merits , pitfalls and economic arguments of leaving the uk , the irish chose to take the leap into the unknown and become free , yet you decry the uk for doing the same thing 100 years later with the EU?:D

Most if irelands trade was with the uk , ireland went into economic freefall after leaving , mass emigration continued especially during decades like the fifties , and despite the later propaganda espuosed by republicans about the horrors of the brit empire ( much of what was undoubtedly true) while irelands living standards was something like two thirds of the  rest of uk at the time  when it was still in the union , it was comparable also with similar nations in europe like finland norway and many others.

Still the irish chose to leave the uk , and make a go of it. Good for them.

The english have chosen similar with your beloved eu empire. Like ireland over the last 100 years , there will be pitfalls , harsh decisions and much else including good and bad along the way. The english dont care , as the irish didnt care.

As a famous scotsman once said......

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

You dont get this nationalism thing gerry. You can plant all the wee flags in your avatar all you like , everytime you put finger to keyboard you confirm to me your ignorance and inability to understand the strength of feeling to ones country.

...but thats becasue you are a globalist champagne internationalist and citizen of nowhere....
Well first brexit wasn't anything to do with freedom, the UK was always and still is today a free sovereign country. Just because it freely decided to join a union to make joint decisions doesn't in anyway mean it gave up its freedom. The UK decided it no longer wanted to be part of the EU so it left, very simple. If anything it's been the UK dragging it's heals in leaving, asking for extensions and delaying implementing it's border controls.
Irelands fortunes did turn but coming from a very different base. IRL was being raped by the UK, resources, land, any wealth was just taken. Our freedom was from an invading country so freedom was worth the pain.  The UK has decided to cut trade with it's nearest neighbours (no issue there) and the plan looks like trading with the other side of the planet, to redefine the known benefits of economics, good luck with that. 

I do understand nationalism, but like I say, the UK was always if total control. Tell me, how is that working out now that the UK is starting to sign it's own trade deals, have you been tying the UK up to commitments, as in, you can't do anything you want any more. Has the UK just again given away its sovereignty it only just got back a year ago.
By your point of view the only way a country can be totally free would be to not sign any trade agreements, leave any body like Nato, WTO etc.... What countries do that ?

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on January 21, 2022, 12:16:37 PM
It is like some kind of rocket science as usual, the Westminster party will give up whatever the EU demand and call it compromise, the fishermen will be back where they started and the remainers will carry on saying it is a disaster trying to change minds. It still doesn't protect UK fishing grounds or create sustainable fishing although it might get Macron voted in. Because that is how the global cartel work.
many irish fisherman arent happy in the EU as gerry knows ,  but many wouldnt be happy if they came out.

Ted heath sold out the fishing fleets to join the old EEC many moons ago , now we are told by our impartial remain friends bojo has done the same to come out.::)

Seems like fishermen are never happy. or remoaners.

The fact of the matter is whatever the rights or wrongs of leaving and rejoining the EU , it wont be "fishing" that sways it either way.  An industry as old borkie says that is such a tiny fraction of the uk economy and worth a mere 0.1% of GDP wont lead the argument for rejoining.

There you go. The same people constantly scratching about in the dirt looking for problems while the world moves on.

Sheepy

It is like some kind of rocket science as usual, the Westminster party will give up whatever the EU demand and call it compromise, the fishermen will be back where they started and the remainers will carry on saying it is a disaster trying to change minds. It still doesn't protect UK fishing grounds or create sustainable fishing although it might get Macron voted in. Because that is how the global cartel work. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on January 21, 2022, 11:34:33 AM
Are you a so-called Scot? Am I a so-called Englishman. Is JoG a so-called Welshman. Is the Pope a so-called Catholic?
i will answer your rhetorical question by saying im looking forward to the day gerry has an irish political story or current event to talk about on this forum rather than obsessing about a foreign country brexiting to the exclusion of all else.

I remember the days you used to complain to me about me talking incessantly almost to the exclusion of all else regarding scot indy and scot politics . We might all travel about , we might live at times outside our respective nations , but we all obsess about politics in our own countries at least now and again......except some people it seems.

You can take a scot out of scotland , but you wont take scotland out of the scot...........gerry seems to disprove that old adage regarding ireland , or maybe he doesnt if you use another nation.

I take your point though barry , and will let it go at that.