Is anyone surprised? Ukraine invaded

Started by T00ts, January 24, 2022, 01:31:11 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 28, 2022, 10:47:59 AM
This doesn't change the fact Starmer stood up and demanded the Tories hand back millions of pounds they SAY they got from Russians while we know the party has been supported by payments from russian companies since Gordon Brown, if not earlier, and Starmer sr s no need to apply the standards he demands of Boris and Co for past donations to himself.
We all know the whole lot of them are as dodgy as feck when it comes to their own pockets so I still have no idea why you are all playing that lot are worse than us lot game anyway. Good old is on the one hand saying he is defending what is right while with the other defending the indefensible. No sense in it whatsoever. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on February 28, 2022, 10:32:16 AM
We know why Putin attacks Ukraine. We know when a man murders his wife because she dared to talk to the man next door. Most of us know that man is in the wrong. And if someone down the road did it twenty years ago it makes no difference. And Putin, just like that man , has no excuse.
I do ignore your pathetic attempts to equate , a British investor,  with legal investments in Russia, then investing money in Labour, with the momentous murderous decision of Putin, to annex his neighbour.
Beyond its nonsense content I ignore it because just as your attempts to swamp this thread with Irish, history , it is nothing more than another pathetic diversion .

This doesn't change the fact Starmer stood up and demanded the Tories hand back millions of pounds they SAY they got from Russians while we know the party has been supported by payments from russian companies since Gordon Brown, if not earlier, and Starmer sr s no need to apply the standards he demands of Boris and Co for past donations to himself.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on February 28, 2022, 08:26:24 AM
sigh# . Using the quote tags please quote anywhere i have said ukraine is part of russia or the ukrainians are rebels against russia?

Except in my eyes? :D

Yet another off hand pro putin slur  directed at me , while you ignore putins money sloshing around your beloved labour.

I tell you good old , im interested in finding out the truth as much as i can and looking at the wider picture reagarding ukraine and why this conflict is happeneing.

You? Your posts on this forum read like a copy and paste of a labour party press release. Your like the labour party lord haw haw of politic.com.

I bet you were the same in real life back in 2003 telling people honest to gawd , there really is WMD in iraq in your unquestioning blind faith in the party press releases.

The refference to the cuban missle crises and whats happening in ukraine is very clear to those with an ounce of understanding.

# edit to add , i see you ignored my earlier post on labours links to russian money. do you need a broom and a rug good old?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10556113/Labour-accused-hypocrisy-calling-Tories-return-2m-Russian-linked-donations.html
We know why Putin attacks Ukraine. We know when a man murders his wife because she dared to talk to the man next door. Most of us know that man is in the wrong. And if someone down the road did it twenty years ago it makes no difference. And Putin, just like that man , has no excuse.
I do ignore your pathetic attempts to equate , a British investor,  with legal investments in Russia, then investing money in Labour, with the momentous murderous decision of Putin, to annex his neighbour.
Beyond its nonsense content I ignore it because just as your attempts to swamp this thread with Irish, history , it is nothing more than another pathetic diversion . 

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on February 27, 2022, 07:09:48 PM
It's difficult to work out what he will do ,as what he is doing is not totally rational unless he was living in a different age. The nuclear thing is no real option  at all if he wants to gain anything.
I hope world opinion may help pull him to a table talking of a rational option. But quiet frankly I think the answer to both questions, may well be nearer to his treatment of  Chechnya, flattening everything that dares oppose him.
The mere fact that he keeps waving this nuclear option is worrying , because to me that would indicate he doesn't even appreciate or maybe worse still doesn't care what that actually means for all mankind.
He can always take up the build back better option and stop trying to stand against the NWO. They still haven't forgiven him for saying people should have a choice. Whereas Zelenskiy is having all his fantasies come true.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 27, 2022, 09:27:54 PM
Oh hell

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-60531266

Glaswegian jobless are being given free haircuts.

The recruiting Sergeant will be along shortly
The army was advertising at the rugby john.....funnily enough......:D .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on February 27, 2022, 08:26:40 PM

Ireland is not part of the U.K. and Ukraine is not part of Russia.  The Ukrainians are not rebels to Russia, if they are rebels at all ,and that is bollox anyway, they would be rebels to the Ukraine. Ukraine is  not Russian. Except in Putins eyes.and yours  it would seem.
sigh# . Using the quote tags please quote anywhere i have said ukraine is part of russia or the ukrainians are rebels against russia?

Except in my eyes? :D

Yet another off hand pro putin slur  directed at me , while you ignore putins money sloshing around your beloved labour.

I tell you good old , im interested in finding out the truth as much as i can and looking at the wider picture reagarding ukraine and why this conflict is happeneing.

You? Your posts on this forum read like a copy and paste of a labour party press release. Your like the labour party lord haw haw of politic.com.

I bet you were the same in real life back in 2003 telling people honest to gawd , there really is WMD in iraq in your unquestioning blind faith in the party press releases.

The refference to the cuban missle crises and whats happening in ukraine is very clear to those with an ounce of understanding.

# edit to add , i see you ignored my earlier post on labours links to russian money. do you need a broom and a rug good old?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10556113/Labour-accused-hypocrisy-calling-Tories-return-2m-Russian-linked-donations.html

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on February 27, 2022, 11:46:30 AM
Putin tarnishes everyone one that has put any trust in him and his corrupt regime. That's obvious .
Now he is corrupting another of his peaceful neighbours simply because ,he is afraid that they may find a better way of life in western values , and their experience might seep into Russian society.  If anyone wanted good relations with Russia, they should have been building business bridges and creating a World of mutual trust. As Mandelson , and many others in the west have has done for many years. Your response in general . All as bad as Putin., because they dared to trust he was not a predator, with the same instincts of every major despot Europe has ever known.
So instead of waffling on about putin and puffing up your chest in support of ukraine , where is your criticism of your beloved labour party , its advisor in chief mandelson , and links to dirty russian money ?

You come on here lecturing me on moral integrity and al lthe other rubbish you come out with , simply for going off message from the usual media script?

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on February 27, 2022, 11:06:19 PM
Well like all bullies he is essentially a coward, in his case scared to death of catching covid.

Though quite prepared to send others to catch bullets.
Well sticking my sun headline writer hat on I think

"He's Vlad his lot". ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on February 27, 2022, 10:24:27 PMWhat is it with Putin and his table,I understand keeping Macron at arms length but his military chiefs?.......unless he sees them a threat  which given how it's going quite likely.
Well like all bullies he is essentially a coward, in his case scared to death of catching covid.

Though quite prepared to send others to catch bullets.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

What is it with Putin and his table,I understand keeping Macron at arms length but his military chiefs?.......unless he sees them a threat  which given how it's going quite likely.

What with anti war protests in Russia some of his military looking less than enthusiastic  can't really see the Chinese being happy either.

I'll stick my neck out here for all round derision but I don't see him being around much longer.

Go on laugh and hoot I don't care he's due his p45.

johnofgwent

Oh hell

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-60531266

Glaswegian jobless are being given free haircuts.

The recruiting Sergeant will be along shortly
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on February 27, 2022, 11:35:03 AM
Eh? No the reasoning is this is sort of the cuban missle crises in reverse as many have said,  not your twisted take on events good old.

If ireland was still part of the uk , and russia was covertly in arming and funding irish rebels based in dublin , then im pretty damn sure the uk would react similarly to putin.

That's all been discussed. It's not the same , as the Cuban, missile crisis  in every vital respect. The US does not have its ships approaching the Dead Sea loaded with nuclear capability.  And the nuclear option for Ukraine is pure pie in the sky, on a par with the idea that any sort of genocide has been practised by the Ukraine.  And the US did not invade Cuba. even though the threat was there for all the world to see. By your standards of judging Putins ,right to do what he does, the US could trump up  some  spurious rubbish on the basis of security and send a massive invasion force to Cuba, take the place over and that would be OK. Because you would understand why they did it. Of course you wouldn't because this would be the nasty old US of A, and not poor old hard done by Putin.
Ireland is not part of the U.K. and Ukraine is not part of Russia.  The Ukrainians are not rebels to Russia, if they are rebels at all ,and that is bollox anyway, they would be rebels to the Ukraine. Ukraine is  not Russian. Except in Putins eyes.and yours  it would seem.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on February 27, 2022, 06:27:18 PM
Can anyone see any outcome other than Putin demanding surrender? If he doesn't get it will he use nuclear?

It's difficult to work out what he will do ,as what he is doing is not totally rational unless he was living in a different age. The nuclear thing is no real option  at all if he wants to gain anything.
I hope world opinion may help pull him to a table talking of a rational option. But quiet frankly I think the answer to both questions, may well be nearer to his treatment of  Chechnya, flattening everything that dares oppose him. 
The mere fact that he keeps waving this nuclear option is worrying , because to me that would indicate he doesn't even appreciate or maybe worse still doesn't care what that actually means for all mankind. 

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on February 27, 2022, 06:27:18 PM
Can anyone see any outcome other than Putin demanding surrender? If he doesn't get it will he use nuclear?
Reading between the lines the only ones pushing the button will be removing Putin.

The west underestimated  Putin and Putin underestimated the resolve of the Ukrainians who have balls of steel, and there's rumour of unrest in Russia and their military not enamoured at his careless use f their lives.

I hope sense prevails and Ukraine regains it's place as an independent nation.

I also hope Vlad removed and Russia welcomed to the wider world and it's people treated with respect.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on February 27, 2022, 05:17:57 PM
Peace talks? Let's hope they go ahead and this lunacy stops.