Is anyone surprised? Ukraine invaded

Started by T00ts, January 24, 2022, 01:31:11 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on March 01, 2022, 02:18:25 PM
Well not all of us thrive on the drama of it all and would rather see a realistic outcome, but then an over excited schoolboy won't get much done as he didn't take much notice of his lessons. How's your mate Boris? been kicked out yet?

A pity a realistic outcome can not now be reached until Europes latest candidate for mega maniac of the century has done his dirty work. Putin, certainly thrives on the drama of it all. Like most criminals. Let's hope he starts paying attention to the lessons of the past. Because they rarely end well.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 01, 2022, 02:06:48 PM
If anything will drive Europe, all the quicker toward a more and more unified state . It's Putins blatant disrespect and murderous military occupations,  of any nation that yearns to chose freedom from his influence.
Do as he says, leave him be is your mantra. And which just happens to be his. You repeat his message . Interfere , try to stop our sculduggery and we will make you suffer . He says.
What ?. Just as Ukraine suffers, is that to be accepted?  Fobbed off of what? Being top dog.through force of arms. A strategy that could only reduce Europe to the state Ukraine ,will be in soon, even if the outcome was unsuccessful for him.?
He is deliberate, a deliberate madman.  The power mongers as you describe them, not my description , should never stand back, and I for one hope they never will. Because the only attitude to the Putins of this world that will ever give him reason to reconsider is one that doesn't contain any indication that what he does is right in any way , or will be excused  in any way.
Well not all of us thrive on the drama of it all and would rather see a realistic outcome, but then an over excited schoolboy won't get much done as he didn't take much notice of his lessons. How's your mate Boris? been kicked out yet? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on March 01, 2022, 12:59:42 PM
The EU is just the planned European superstate they have even said so themselves, But then you cannot see that either, pulling the wool over your eyes ain't exactly rocket science, You need Nato and the EU to step back and so does Vlad or there will be no Ukraine, the US needs to stop thinking that they can ignore anyone else as they are top dog and now, he has invaded stop thinking he can be fobbed off any longer. He isn't some madman who is confused he is deliberate in his actions and has given every opportunity for the power mongers to step back. Those are the things you are really asking for Boycey, I doubt you will get them, but I might be wrong. 

If anything will drive Europe, all the quicker toward a more and more unified state . It's Putins blatant disrespect and murderous military occupations,  of any nation that yearns to chose freedom from his influence. 
Do as he says, leave him be is your mantra. And which just happens to be his. You repeat his message . Interfere , try to stop our sculduggery and we will make you suffer . He says. 
What ?. Just as Ukraine suffers, is that to be accepted?  Fobbed off of what? Being top dog.through force of arms. A strategy that could only reduce Europe to the state Ukraine ,will be in soon, even if the outcome was unsuccessful for him.?
He is deliberate, a deliberate madman.  The power mongers as you describe them, not my description , should never stand back, and I for one hope they never will. Because the only attitude to the Putins of this world that will ever give him reason to reconsider is one that doesn't contain any indication that what he does is right in any way , or will be excused  in any way.

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on March 01, 2022, 01:09:33 PM
You're so fixated on misrepresenting the EU and badmouthing post-Trump USA that you sound almost like an apologist for Putin.
Just facts, don't take it out on me Ducky because you couldn't see a totalitarian future coming from a country mile away, in fact you actually agree with one, so I don't know why you aren't cheering it all on. You were willing to lock people up indefinitely and force them to be jabbed.

B0ycey

The EU is just the planned European superstate they have even said so themselves, But then you cannot see that either, pulling the wool over your eyes ain't exactly rocket science, You need Nato and the EU to step back and so does Vlad or there will be no Ukraine, the US needs to stop thinking that they can ignore anyone else as they are top dog and now, he has invaded stop thinking he can be fobbed off any longer. He isn't some madman who is confused he is deliberate in his actions and has given every opportunity for the power mongers to step back. Those are the things you are really asking for Boycey, I doubt you will get them, but I might be wrong. 
I don't need to tell you what Russia want when they have said it themselves. They are on a peacekeeping mission to prevent genocide. The plan I guess was to get to Keiv and put in a dummy government to accomplish that mission but if they can get concessions off Zelensky in talks, they will ultimately say mission accomplished and go home. It doesn't mean that Ukraine can join NATO or whatever and I suspect if we are stupid enough to push that in the future, we will see this story played out again. But this war isn't really worth it right now even for Russia and could go of for years if the objective is to take the whole of Ukraine.

As for the EU, this war is basically being pushed towards Macrons vision and we can expect zero resistance to greater integration now. The world will be run by four great powers in the near future and the Russian and Chinese economy will be on one side of the Iron curtain and Europe and America will be on the other. Although I do see China wanting to be part of our economy as well and as such will be the hegemony.

HDQQ

You're so fixated on misrepresenting the EU and badmouthing post-Trump USA that you sound almost like an apologist for Putin.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on March 01, 2022, 12:51:53 PM
China won't dig anyone out of a whole. They believe in the sovereignty States borders and will press that to Russia because ultimately an environment of nuclear fallout blows towards China as well. But in any case, Russia have invaded over security concerns and if Zelensky addresses what those concerns in talks, Russia will go home to regroup. I don't think anyone has done well out of this except China. They have kept out of it and pushed for talks. And as along as Putin can say he has accomplished something (which is to prevent genocide in Donbass), he can then focus his economy towards China and the have no reliance with the West at all. As I said, it is remarkable how accurate 1984 is. We are perhaps a few years of the formation of superstate and the British and walked out of the EU. It seems our return isn't that far away.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 01, 2022, 12:46:49 PM
Is that so? now you are doing their thinking for them then. You do know Russia is the largest country on the planet and has massive resources, don't you?
And you do know that the people in many of those places where those resources lie are not Russian do not consider themselves Russian and bitterly resent them and their lands being plundered by them?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on March 01, 2022, 12:36:49 PM
If explaining what is happening is bigging up Vlad then it must be so. So, what is next then? Boycey thinks the Chinese will help you out of a hole because they might want to look good on the world stage, but then they have just bigged up an unbreakable friendship with Russia it's bestest mate, while making sure sanctions don't starve the Russian people or hold them back. Even signed agreements making it so.

China won't dig anyone out of a whole. They believe in the sovereignty States borders and will press that to Russia because ultimately an environment of nuclear fallout blows towards China as well. But in any case, Russia have invaded over security concerns and if Zelensky addresses what those concerns are in talks, Russia will go home to regroup. I don't think anyone has done well out of this except China. They have kept out of it and pushed for talks. And as along as Putin can say he has accomplished something (which is to prevent genocide in Donbass), he can then focus his economy towards China and the have no reliance with the West at all. As I said, it is remarkable how accurate 1984 is. We are perhaps a few years of the formation of superstates and the British only just walked out of the EU. It seems our return isn't that far away.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 01, 2022, 12:44:00 PM
I'm not in any hole that I need to be helped out of.

The Chinese will do what's best for China and if that meant ditching Vlad they would.

Is that so? now you are doing their thinking for them then. You do know Russia is the largest country on the planet and has massive resources, don't you?

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 01, 2022, 12:36:49 PM
If explaining what is happening is bigging up Vlad then it must be so. So, what is next then? Boycey thinks the Chinese will help you out of a hole because they might want to look good on the world stage, but then they have just bigged up an unbreakable friendship with Russia it's bestest mate, while making sure sanctions don't starve the Russian people or hold them back. Even signed agreements making it so.
I'm not in any hole that I need to be helped out of.

The Chinese will do what's best for China and if that meant ditching Vlad they would.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 01, 2022, 12:22:52 PM
So you big up Vlad,funny that as he falls in to your category of hiding under the bed afraid of covid,isolated on his own at the end of a very long table.

How times change.
If explaining what is happening is bigging up Vlad then it must be so. So, what is next then? Boycey thinks the Chinese will help you out of a hole because they might want to look good on the world stage, but then they have just bigged up an unbreakable friendship with Russia it's bestest mate, while making sure sanctions don't starve the Russian people or hold them back. Even signed agreements making it so.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 01, 2022, 12:05:40 PM
Well Vlad ain't going to bugger off, so what now general because as I said he will step up the campaign as he isn't playing by your rules.
Russia Vows to Press Attack as Troops Near Kyiv: Ukraine Update - Bloomberg
So you big up Vlad,funny that as he falls in to your category of hiding under the bed afraid of covid,isolated on his own at the end of a very long table.

How times change.

HDQQ

Someone said on here that most Russians support Putin. But I also read from a few days ago articles that say that very few Russians believed that Putin would order the invasion of Ukraine. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 01, 2022, 10:48:31 AM
I think the Ukraine would be happy to be neutral if Vlad buggered off.

The media stoking up have you read Tass and other state organs?
Well Vlad ain't going to bugger off, so what now general because as I said he will step up the campaign as he isn't playing by your rules.
Russia Vows to Press Attack as Troops Near Kyiv: Ukraine Update - Bloomberg