Breaking. Met Police launches investigation into Downing Street parties,

Started by papasmurf, January 25, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 25, 2022, 07:47:37 PM
I believe you are correct doesn't mean I will put up with Boris's crap.
you shouldnt have to , but what im saying is he should go when its in your interests and the time is right , not when its in your political adversarys or when they call for it.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on January 25, 2022, 07:39:04 PM
What's in it for me? Absolutely nothing, except that justice would be done in removing a leader who expected us plebs to stay at home, not see friends and relatives, not visit anyone in hospital while the Tories partied away like students at rag week. I would have preferred Boris stay, but he has blown it
Barry i , and many scots , are exactly the same with sturgeon. It wasnt just johnson , it was krankie , macron and many many other leaders across the globe.

Revenge is a dish best served cold , not to blow your top and get angry with someone to let others profit.

QuoteI don't care particularly who replaces him. The Tories are no longer my party, in fact, I don't have one.
Then you are in a similar boat to many others on here including myself and srb steve with both labour and snp respectively. I want sturgeon and her clique of biology denying anti independent zealots gone , but at the same time i dont want labour or unionist parties into power either.

You would do well to consider the political system you are forced to indulge in , and who you hate more , johnson and his party or the other scum , who as we both know would have locked down harder longer faster and with far worse consiquences than johnson did.

QuoteSo why should I support a liar, a philanderer, a really amoral man?
you shouldnt , but look at the alternatives.? Is keir starmer , the anti democrat liar any better?

We have sturgeon , or nicoliar as she is known , in scotland , the evil bitch who tried to put a man in prison for life for crimes he didnt commit , and lied repeatedly in court and out.

QuoteThe man has had his chance and he has thrown it away to be friendly with his mates in the lockdown of his making.
how you feel is up to you.

I for one wont be jumping on the bandwagon or doing starmers and labours work for them , which is part of why i have been largely silent about sturgeon and all her nonsense on these forums for the last number of years.

bigger picture out there .

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 25, 2022, 07:35:51 PM
There are no standards at westmisnter , and once you accept that , you then wont feel let down. By no one , and that includes the snp politicians.

The idea all these bleating monkeys in politics and the chattering classes are just decent people annoyed with johnson for having cheese biscuits with port on the lawn is laughable to me cromwell.

I remember , if you dont , many of these very people trying desperately to overturn democracy 2016 - 2019. Where were starmer and cos high moral standards then?

Sorry mate i have to disagree with you. Dont play their game.
I believe you are correct doesn't mean I will put up with Boris's crap.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 25, 2022, 06:36:49 PM
The idea Brexit hinges on Boris, is ignoring membership would require application. Besides, all potential leadership contenders, none would reverse Brexit. And that is laymen in saying whether Boris jumps, is pushed, or whatever, the future of Brexit is safe.

The best course of action for rejoining is voting and electing a political party who campaigns for EU membership, not expecting the Tory Brexit Party to see the light.
boycey dont be so naive. There are many ways to rejoin the EU that dont require official application to rejoin or someone standing on a platform to hold another referendum.

Starmer could get into power ( or a remain tory) who could behind the scenes tie the uk in knots over every eu rule and law that we would effectively be members in all but name only and not a single vote would be needed in a referendum.

Then , years down the line , they could make it all offical when the time was right.

Barry

Quote from: Thomas on January 25, 2022, 07:24:50 PM
I think you misunderstand my post barry.

Im not suggesting michael heseltine is a prime front line mover with overt influence in some rejoin conspiracy. Im flagging up the quotes im seeing that symbolise the thinking behind many of these rejoiners.

That is to flag up continually johnson is a liar , have the book thrown at him then force his resignation. This is like a game of chess for these people as they move the pieces about the board in preparation for the next election and check mate.

Then , if either a remain tory is in place as pm, or dim wit starmer , they can then lay the foundations that brexit was based on a lie told by a high profile liar like johnson and that we must reverse it "in the common good."::)

[highlight]If johnson goes , let me ask barry , whats in it for you? Whats in it for me? As far as i can see , no one gains bar labour and remoaners.

Who replaces him?

Dizzy lizz truss? Jeremy hunt ? Remainers both? I know you dont like johnson , and feel let down by him , but its highly unlikely some hard right tory brexit you approve of is going to take johnsons mantle.

Similarly , from my political point of view , i see nothing that furthers my politics in his resignation. So sorry not jumping aboard the outrage bus.[/highlight]
What's in it for me? Absolutely nothing, except that justice would be done in removing a leader who expected us plebs to stay at home, not see friends and relatives, not visit anyone in hospital while the Tories partied away like students at rag week. I would have preferred Boris stay, but he has blown it. I'm not outraged, I was angry, but I think the time to defend his actions are well gone. He has to go, he knows it and his delaying reminds me of Gordon Brown refusing to quit number 10 when he lost.
I don't care particularly who replaces him. The Tories are no longer my party, in fact, I don't have one. So why should I support a liar, a philanderer, a really amoral man? The man has had his chance and he has thrown it away to be friendly with his mates in the lockdown of his making.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 25, 2022, 07:34:56 PM
No he has to go and now then we go from there.
So that puts Dominic Raab in the hot seat until whenever! Really?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 25, 2022, 07:26:34 PM
I agree with every word......almost Thomas,I'm not upset but am not prepared to exchange standards I expect in return for Brexit which still hasn't totalled,if he's gone then they need to replace him with someone to see it through if they don't then we will have to elect someone who will and don't forget that's how May got the boot.

Those who voted leave will not just roll over and the tories should know that and if they try it on this anger at Boris will be as naught compared to trying a reversal.
There are no standards at westmisnter , and once you accept that , you then wont feel let down. By no one , and that includes the snp politicians.

The idea all these bleating monkeys in politics and the chattering classes are just decent people annoyed with johnson for having cheese biscuits with port on the lawn is laughable to me cromwell.

I remember , if you dont , many of these very people trying desperately to overturn democracy 2016 - 2019. Where were starmer and cos high moral standards then?

Sorry mate i have to disagree with you. Dont play their game.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 07:31:28 PM
So that fits with my argument that we should take time and make this change carefully. The baby is still in the bath!
No he has to go and now then we go from there.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 25, 2022, 07:26:34 PM
I agree with every word......almost Thomas,I'm not upset but am not prepared to exchange standards I expect in return for Brexit which still hasn't totalled,if he's gone then they need to replace him with someone to see it through if they don't then we will have to elect someone who will and don't forget that's how May got the boot.

Those who voted leave will not just roll over and the tories should know that and if they try it on this anger at Boris will be as naught compared to trying a reversal.
So that fits with my argument that we should take time and make this change carefully. The baby is still in the bath!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 25, 2022, 05:59:35 PM
i dont agree.

I appreciate cromwell , you judge others by your own high moral standards , and when they fail to meet them , you feel annoyed and possibly upset . The people behind the scenes who are orchestrating this by whipping up a fury and shouting on the baying mob arent doing this because of any moral obligation , or common decency.

The likes of tony blair , alistair campbell , lord adonis and heseltine wouldnt know the meaning of decency. Same with the msm as we all know.

This is being done pure and simple , off the back of dominic cummings spite , to slowly reverse brexit.

I remember just before the scot indy ref , talking to family and friends , in pubs , online etc , about the what ifs of scot indy. We were so sure we would win it .

One of the things that constantly cropped up was how labour and to a lesser extent the liberals would never accept it , and during any negotiations with westmisnter how labour would do everything in their power to sabotage scotland , and how for years later after all was done and dusted , how labour would carry on bleating about it , while eveyone else got on with it.

Here we are seeing that same thing play out. Only with the uk and brexit.

None of us should play their game. Facked if im jumping on the dump the pm because of a bit of cake and a party bandwagon .

The only people who will be smiling at the end of all this if johnson goes are the remoaners .

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on January 25, 2022, 06:45:52 PM
Heseltine is 88 years old. I doubt he has that much influence left, and probably not enough life left to see the UK rejoin the EU. Bearing in mind we are still partly in. Rant
I think you misunderstand my post barry.

Im not suggesting michael heseltine is a prime front line mover with overt influence in some rejoin conspiracy. Im flagging up the quotes im seeing that symbolise the thinking behind many of these rejoiners.

That is to flag up continually johnson is a liar , have the book thrown at him then force his resignation. This is like a game of chess for these people as they move the pieces about the board in preparation for the next election and check mate.

Then , if either a remain tory is in place as pm, or dim wit starmer , they can then lay the foundations that brexit was based on a lie told by a high profile liar like johnson and that we must reverse it "in the common good."::)

If johnson goes , let me ask barry , whats in it for you? Whats in it for me? As far as i can see , no one gains bar labour and remoaners.

Who replaces him?

Dizzy lizz truss? Jeremy hunt ? Remainers both? I know you dont like johnson , and feel let down by him , but its highly unlikely some hard right tory brexit you approve of is going to take johnsons mantle.

Similarly , from my political point of view , i see nothing that furthers my politics in his resignation. So sorry not jumping aboard the outrage bus.

Barry

Heseltine is 88 years old. I doubt he has that much influence left, and probably not enough life left to see the UK rejoin the EU. Bearing in mind we are still partly in. Rant
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on January 25, 2022, 05:59:35 PM
None of us should play their game. Facked if im jumping on the dump the pm because of a bit of cake and a party bandwagon .

The only people who will be smiling at the end of all this if johnson goes are the remoaners .
The idea Brexit hinges on Boris, is ignoring membership would require application. Besides, all potential leadership contenders, none would reverse Brexit. And that is laymen in saying whether Boris jumps, is pushed, or whatever, the future of Brexit is safe.

The best course of action for rejoining is voting and electing a political party who campaigns for EU membership, not expecting the Tory Brexit Party to see the light.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on January 25, 2022, 05:20:29 PMBut my suspicion is the party that has the most evidence against it would be the one with the invitation on the 20th, the one he most definitely attended and the one with video footage that can collaborate attendees and time spent in the garden.
More evidence has surfaced this evening.  (Sky News.)

https://news.sky.com/uk

Breaking
Boris Johnson: Sue Gray has received photos of parties in Downing Street which show the PM next to wine bottles, Sky News understands
The latest revelation comes shortly after a government source said senior civil servant Ms Gray's report into parties in Downing Street and Whitehall that may have broken COVID rules could be published as soon as tomorrow.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 25, 2022, 04:33:51 PM
I don't dispute any of that you wrote Thomas and can see the danger to Brexit,however herd instinct would be ignore it,I don't believe it should be.
i dont agree.

I appreciate cromwell , you judge others by your own high moral standards , and when they fail to meet them , you feel annoyed and possibly upset . The people behind the scenes who are orchestrating this by whipping up a fury and shouting on the baying mob arent doing this because of any moral obligation , or common decency.

The likes of tony blair , alistair campbell , lord adonis and heseltine wouldnt know the meaning of decency. Same with the msm as we all know.

This is being done pure and simple , off the back of dominic cummings spite , to slowly reverse brexit.

I remember just before the scot indy ref , talking to family and friends , in pubs , online etc , about the what ifs of scot indy. We were so sure we would win it .

One of the things that constantly cropped up was how labour and to a lesser extent the liberals would never accept it , and during any negotiations with westmisnter how labour would do everything in their power to sabotage scotland , and how for years later after all was done and dusted , how labour would carry on bleating about it , while eveyone else got on with it.

Here we are seeing that same thing play out. Only with the uk and brexit.